Year 10 Subject Selection: Physics vs Eco (1 Viewer)

worldno17

HSC
N/A
Hi all!
We've already chosen our subjects for Year 11 a few months ago but next week, we have a chance to switch subjects.
I originally chose Economics but now I'm having second thoughts, as I'm not a huge fan of essays or commerce right now.

My other subjects are:
3U Maths
3U English
Biology
Chemistry
Agriculture

Thoughts on which one to pick?
Also, what are the main major changes to the science syllabuses for 2019 HSC students?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Physics is getting a revamp in 2019 with better content so I'd go with that since you do 2 sciences already so it seems like you're suited for science

Frostguard

HSC
I chose Economics thinking it would be like Commerce and boy I was wrong, you'd think that the two subjects would be similar but it wasn't (as seen with my first topic test where I got 65% LMAO ). Commerce was a combination of the many subjects and it branches out into Eco, Bus, and Legal and Economics obviously focuses much more in depth economical aspects, growth and all that sort of stuff. If you dislike essays don't choose this subject because this subject is very content heavy with a lot of essays (usually Prelim/HSC exams have 2 essays each). Then again, Economics is a clean slate from Commerce, you may or may not do well, depends on your ability to memorise and apply information and most importantly your interest in the subject.

Take Physics if you prefer not to write essays, doing practicals and getting straight to the point. The new science syllabus especially Physics and Chemistry have a bigger focus on mathematical concepts and not so much history of the science. Since you're doing 3U maths, I don't think you'll struggle with the new syllabus but just be prepared to face more equations and formulas.

Basically as long as you choose a subject where you are interested, you normally do better. Good Luck buddy! :)

worldno17

HSC
N/A
Physics is getting a revamp in 2019 with better content so I'd go with that since you do 2 sciences already so it seems like you're suited for science
What's significantly different about the new 2019 science (chem/bio/phys) syllabuses compared to the old ones?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)