Year 11 2018 - How to prepare?? (1 Viewer)

worldno17

HSC
N/A
Hi everyone!
I'll be in Year 11 next year at a top selective school. I've been feeling pretty daunted so I wanted to know how I could prepare in the summer holidays to confidently enter Year 11!
I've chosen the following prelim subjects:
3U Maths
3U English
Chem
Bio
Physics
Ag

Any advice on how to prepare will be much appreciated! :)

captainneuro

HSC
Not much for year 11 opposed to 12 tbh. To put this simple and short, you can get ahead and start reading your english texts - gives you a head start in absorbing the text and lighten the workload even by a bit next year, for maths, maybe read ahead and practice content for the first few chapters getting used to what you're up for - this can really help as you will less likely be overwhelmed later on. For the sciences, get ahead in content, and start learning the fundamentals now in each by going through the content (for eg. prelim bio would be all about organisms and earths biodiv) Any self study of the content you do now will lead to less of a burden later on. If you're really up for it, accelerate a subject, can help a lot for year 12.
Otherwise, alternatively you can just enjoy (what will be potentially) your last proper holidays lol. Good luck. :)

Last edited:

horse9996

HSC
I would pre learn the first topic for each of your content subjects using the syllabus as a structure. This means that you know what your good/bad at in class and can ask better questions to grow a deeper understanding

ThatOne

HSC
I've chosen the exact same subjects as you except for the agriculture. Nice to see that!

worldno17

HSC
N/A
I've chosen the exact same subjects as you except for the agriculture. Nice to see that!
We also have the same career interests too :')
Slightly daunted with my subject choices - it's going to be very content-heavy.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)