Year 11 German (1 Viewer)

Mon17

HSC
Hey guys,

In about 6 weeks i have my end of year preliminary examinations. I was wondering whether i could get some tips on how to approch my study skills with German - Writing, Reading, Speaking and Listening - it will be great use for me!

Thanks,

Monique:D

IcecreamIsHot

HSC
N/A
I'm sure you're a lovely girl Monique but it isnt necessary to make threads for every single one of your subjects. People cant be bothered replying to every single one.

Mon17

HSC
geez sorry for being such a pest IcecreamIsHot, all i asked was for tips for each of my subjects for my year 11 examinations- if YOU cant be bothered then dont reply to my threads, after all you are one of many people on this site so if you or anyone who doesnt want to reply to my threads, thats yours and their problem but for those who want to reply, they are more than welcome to.

Last edited:

ssejamafone

Ninja?
HSC
N/A
well, the only tips i can give you is practise, practise, practise and practise. just keep practising till you're really familiar with what you need to know.

Listen to german tapes, watch german tv shows (inspector rex is pretty good), talk to your friends in german, practise writing in german about the relevant topics or simply about anything, practise doing your german comprehensions, practise everything.

Just keep practising till it all comes fairly naturally to your mind.

and, most of all, be confident. :)

Mon17

HSC
thank you soooooo much for the tip... i will definitely take that on board:D

*Buttercup*

HSC
I know your exams will be over by now, but I thought I'd reply anyway in case u want some more tips for next year. I found it helpful to listen to German music while doing other stuff - it meant German was in my head all the time. Also make posters of the phrases you want to remember, and put them on the wall. Make flash cards that your friends can use to ask you vocab even if they don't know German themselves. And see if you can find a native speaker to become your pen pal next year. In Year 12 I emailed my friend's mum, because she was a native speaker. I also emailed my teacher and the other students in my class, all auf deutsch. You just need to saturate yourself in the language until you're thinking in German instead of in English! And try to keep it fun, too. I found it kinda fun to translate my favourite songs into German for practice, or write big long monologues about myself - But then again, I'm a nerd! You could also make tapes of you speaking German and listen to them constantly. Just work out the way you learn best, and do plenty of it.

mitch daggy

HSC
I'm sure you're a lovely girl Monique but it isnt necessary to make threads for every single one of your subjects. People cant be bothered replying to every single one.
what i want to know is why one would bother to reply to someones query with criticism instead of helpful advice? if you are not helping ppl, dont clog up the page!

mitch.
yr 11

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)