Year 11 Subject Selection (1 Viewer)

hwantaa

HSC
hello i'm struggling a lot with my decisions for my subjects next year and i'd be happy if someone helped me out.. :)
I'm currently thinking of
- adv english
- ext1 maths
- physics
- visual arts
- japanese beginners
- cafs
I want to study architecture or primary education in uni and i am aiming for at least an 85 atar. So my question is:
- do i really need ext maths to get an atar around 85?
- my teacher recommended adv maths but my mum encourages me to do extension.. the thing is i can't decide which one would be better for me. i kind of thought that i could do extension because i'm doing beginners jap (i learnt jap before and i chose it so that i can have at lease one chill class) and cafs which isn't as content heavy compared to physics. what do you guys think about this from experience.???
- i'm doing pretty well in the motions topic for science and i've enjoyed it a lot and that's why i've decided to take physics. since i've heard that physics gets really hard in year 12 i also thought that i might drop physics (maybe but probably not). do you think i can achieve the atar i want with adv eng, adv or ext maths, visual art, beginners jap and cafs? how well do i need to do?
that's all i'm worried about and thanks

Drdusk

HSC
Uni Grad
Yeah you can definitely get an 85 atar with those subjects. It's better to have atleast 3u maths or Physics there(provided your good at it) because they scale well. However it's not necessary and you can definitely still get an 85 atar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)