year 12 assessment results (1 Viewer)

zepplu

HSC
so hypothetically if you messed up on your first year 12 assessment tasks, could you still redeem yourself before trials/hsc and get a pretty good atar?
my marks from my first assessment tasks ranged from 70-75% except for visual arts which is around 95%
im kinda worried about my upcoming assessments incase i perform poorly again and stuff up my chances of getting the atar i need (which is 75/80)

literallydomfike

HSC
so hypothetically if you messed up on your first year 12 assessment tasks, could you still redeem yourself before trials/hsc and get a pretty good atar?
my marks from my first assessment tasks ranged from 70-75% except for visual arts which is around 95%
im kinda worried about my upcoming assessments incase i perform poorly again and stuff up my chances of getting the atar i need (which is 75/80)
omg i was the same for modern i got 68 on the first task but depending on weighting you should definitely be able to redeem it - eg my task was 15% of internals so i did a grade calculator and if i get 85-95 on every other task plus hsc then i should still get around a b6 according to teachers but yes you should be fine !

Gantor

Banned
HSC
N/A
75 80 atar?? bruh why are you even worried you can fail and can get a flunk of an atar like that anyday

zepplu

HSC
75 80 atar?? bruh why are you even worried you can fail and can get a flunk of an atar like that anyday
not really my school is very competitive and its hard to get a good mark unless you put in a crazy amount of effort especially if you are trying to get a higher rank
also the 75/80 atar is what i need to get into my uni course but my goal is 85 if im lucky

carrotsss

HSC
not really my school is very competitive and its hard to get a good mark unless you put in a crazy amount of effort especially if you are trying to get a higher rank
also the 75/80 atar is what i need to get into my uni course but my goal is 85 if im lucky
if your school is competitive then that should mean that your cohort is smarter so their exam marks will be higher and hence your school assessment mark will be better for any given ranking, which offsets the difficulty of getting a good ranking at a competitive school

LuqmanA

HSC
Yes, you can 100% redeem yourself!

Don't let the first assessment task destroy you mentally. The biggest hurdle is your mindset.

I also messed up my first assessment, yet ended up scoring a 97+ ATAR.

Focus on smashing your upcoming exams.

In a nutshell, these are the steps that I followed to bounce back:

1. Figure out exactly why you messed up.

Don't just ignore your marks and tell yourself it was just a 'silly mistake'.

Sit down and figure out exactly why you messed up. Did you study too late? Did you waste too much time and procrastinate? Did you make specific mistakes in the exam? Did you not know how to answer particular questions/topics?

2. Write down these reasons, and then list out solutions to fix them.

For example, let's say;
- Problem: 'Started studying too late.'
- Solution: 'Immediately start studying next time and schedule in all study sessions leading up to the exam'.

If this is for an assignment, then the best way to combat 'starting too late' is to immediately plan out all the days you'll be working on it.

3. Sit down with your teacher and ask them 'What caused me to do badly?'. Take notes of what they say.

4. Focus on fixing all the reasons as to why you performed badly so that you can SMASH the next assessment tasks.

I hope this helped.

Please do not let that assessment affect your mentality and destroy you internally. When I was in school (2022), I saw many students around me falter due to them messing up.

It's a mindset game! Treat the fact that you messed up as simply another step towards your success.

Treat your 'failure' as an opportunity for growth and improvement.

"Success consists of going from failure to failure without loss of enthusiasm" - Winston Churchill

Gantor

Banned
HSC
N/A
then you need to up ur game whch ur not doing

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)