Year 12 Dance (1 Viewer)

WisdomBunny

HSC
Hey!

So I'm in year 11 this year, year 12 after one term. I'm currently taking dance and drama. I'm thinking about dropping one of them as I feel I wouldn't be able to cope with both. I like both but thinking about dropping drama. I just wanted to ask what is year 12 dance like? What do you do in it? What is the HSC for dance like?

RyanT7

HSC
This section of the forum isn't that active, due to the fact not many people here actually have much experience with HSC dance. I suggest looking into the other threads in the Dance section, as you may get more information from there

cavanaghdanielle36

HSC
I had the exact same issue when I started year 12, everyone was telling me I couldn't do two majors, but I did both this year and coped fine, if you're creative i recommend keeping both, it's nice to have a different outlet from your other subjects, being able to learn in a different more active way. Dance is really great to do as you are kept very fit throughout the year to be able to perform all the components and Drama is really good for group work and allows you to create something of your own, as dance does. They're both really great subjects.
HSC dance you have 4 components as i'm sure you know, they're all pretty time consuming, but so is drama, if you have the time and dedication to do it then i definitely recommend continuing it. Another up-side to dance as well as drama is that you complete for dance 80% of your HSC in trial time, so it takes a lot of pressure off during the actual HSC rounds.
Hope this helps in any way,
Good luck! :)

cavanaghdanielle36

HSC
It's not only offered to performing arts schools, but it's not offered at every school, generally due to the lack of numbers

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)