Young Writers Showcase 14?! (1 Viewer)

Elie2107

HSC
Heyy guys! :) Does anyone know when the young writers showcase 14 students will be announced or notified, if not already???
Thank you.

britaker

HSC
I read December 18th somewhere, not sure how true that is though! They only finished marking the works recently though (I think the Saturday before last or something similar) so I don't expect the nominations to come out for a while. :)

Hombad

HSC
I found out I was in Showcase 2013 in July this year...don't hold your breath for news anytime soon lol

poutine

HSC
How did you find out in July when submissions are due later than that... ^

Iwillget9995

HSC
Lol poutine. Also, you will know if you haven't made the Showcase by the 17th of December, when HSC marks are released. Only 50s make the Showcase. (Externally; I'm pretty sure internals don't matter).

poutine

HSC
Lol poutine. Also, you will know if you haven't made the Showcase by the 17th of December, when HSC marks are released. Only 50s make the Showcase. (Externally; I'm pretty sure internals don't matter).
lol Iwillget9995. I know people who got 47 and got into showcase. If your composition/major work is great and your reflection statement is shit then sorry, no you will not get in showcase. lol Iwillget9995. l0l.

poutine

HSC
Nah soz they take it as an overall impression of your major work. If they put only 50s in there, they would have issues with plagiarism

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Heaps of the works in Showcase don't get 50! I know people who got as low as 47 ('low' haha) and ended up in the showcase. It's not a demonstration of the very best in the state, it's a demonstration of the range of works people produced. They look for unusual or highly original works more so than the 'best'.

britaker

HSC
Heaps of the works in Showcase don't get 50! I know people who got as low as 47 ('low' haha) and ended up in the showcase. It's not a demonstration of the very best in the state, it's a demonstration of the range of works people produced. They look for unusual or highly original works more so than the 'best'.
That's what I heard too; sometimes they have a theme as well, preventing many more brilliant works from being selected.

britaker

HSC
Who's hoping to make it this year/what are your works about?
I kind of hoped until I looked at the stuff that's been previously selected. They probably wouldn't like my very linear short story at all. xD

Tink

HSC
I kind of hoped until I looked at the stuff that's been previously selected. They probably wouldn't like my very linear short story at all. xD
I feel you. I'd hoped mine might make it for a brief, brief moment of sheer insanity.

SuchSmallHands

HSC
Yeah mine was really weird, so I'm hoping I'll make it based on that alone? hahaha, but in all seriousness it would be really lovely, but it won't happen to me.

Hombad

HSC
Be interested to see how all the works turn out for the publication this year though :p

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)