Your Dream Team (1 Viewer)

enoilgam

HSC
Use this thread to name your Dream Team - it can be for any sport, just mention which one it is and list your line-up. Justifications are optional.

shak99

HSC
Uni Grad
Dream Team - Basketball (out of current players)

Bryant, Chris Paul, Duncan, Lebron, Garnett

enoilgam

HSC
I've always wanted to do one of these, but here is my NFL Dream Team. Yes, it is huge, but NFL teams tend to be quite large (53 man roster). Here goes:

Offence (standard I-formation)

Quarterback: Peyton Manning in the regular season, Joe Montana in the post season.
Running Back: Barry Sanders.
Fullback: Jim Brown.
Wide Recievers: Jerry Rice, Cris Carter.
Tight End: John Mackey (there is a lot of talent for this relatively minor position, so I went with the best all-rounder).
Offensive Tackles: Anthony Munoz, Forrest Gregg.
Guards: John Hannah, Randall McDaniel.
Centre: Dwight Stephenson. Even though he didnt play long, I think he was better than Mike Webster.

Defence (4-3)

Defensive Ends: "Deacon" Jones, Reggie White.
Defensive Tackles: Bob Lilly, "Mean" Joe Greene.
Linebackers: Dick Butkus, Lawrence Taylor, Derrick Thomas. The first two are no-brainers, but the third slot is tough to fill. A good argument can be made for a few other guys, but I like Thomas the best. He was no LT, but he was an outstanding pass-rusher and a nightmare for opposing offences.
Cornerbacks: Rod Woodson, "Primetime" Deion Sanders (he is a must have, no team is complete without Primetime).
Safeties: Ed Reed, Ronnie Lott.

Special Teams

Kicker: Adam Vinatieri.
Punter: Ray Guy (this guy should be in the Hall of Fame).
Kick Returner: Deion Sanders.
Punt Returner: Gale Sayers.
Gunner/ST: Steve Tasker (another guy who should be in the HoF, no love for special teamers).

Formation based substitutes

Halfback: Marshall Faulk
Goal line/Short yardage back: Marcus Allen
Tailback: O.J. Simpson. Controversial choice, but I think people fail to remember just how great Simpson was because of all the stuff in his personal life. In his prime, the Juice was unstoppable even though he played on a terrible team. His breakaway speed is second to none (in my opinion, better than Bo Jackson) - the 90-yard rush against the Steelers says it all really (which is made more amazing by the fact that the Steelers back then had arguably the best defence in history).
Slot Recievers: Marvin Harrison, Steve Largent (both werent anything special in athletic terms, but they could play).
Dimebacks: "Night Train" Lane, Mel Blount (some muscle here is always nice).

General Substitutes

Quarterback: Dan Marino, John Elway, Kurt Warner, Johnny Unitas.
Running Back: Gale Sayers, Walter Payton, Eric Dickerson.
Fullback: "Moose" Johnston. Odd selection, but even though he played on a great team, he gets way too little credit. He was an excellent blocker (his blocking is a big part of the reason why Emmitt Smith is the NFL's all-time leading rusher) and he was a danger in both the run and pass game. Not bad for someone who occupied a relatively minor position in the modern game.
Tight End: Mike Ditka, Tony Gonzales, Shannon Sharpe (Shannon and Deion on the same team is too much to pass up).
O-lineman: Bruce Matthews, Jonathan Ogden, Walter Jones.
Defence: Ray Lewis, Jack Youngblood, Bruce Smith, Warren Sapp, Mike Singletary, Darrell Green.

Coaches

Head Coach: John Madden
Assistant Coach: Tom Landry
Offensive Coordinator: Bill Walsh
Defensive Coordinator: Vince Lombardi

Last edited:

R4diance

HSC
NBA

Starters
PG: Magic Johnson
SG: Michael Jordan
SF: Larry Bird
PF: Tim Duncan
C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Reserves
PG: Oscar Robertson
SG: Kobe
SF: LeBron
PF: Karl Malone
C: Shaq

Coach? Phil Jackson. :)

Makematics

HSC
NBA

Starters
C: Kareem Abdul-Jabbar

Reserves
PG: Oscar Robertson
SG: Kobe
SF: LeBron
PF: Karl Malone
C: Shaq

Coach? Phil Jackson. :)
tim duncan and shaq? wowwww dude

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
SG: Micheal Jordan
SF: Lebron James
C: Hakeem Olajuwon

Coach: Greg Popovich

HSC
C: Bill Russel
PG: John Stockton
PF: Kevin Garnett
This team complements each other heaps well with extremely strong defensive players, however at the same time Stockton complements every damn player who can either score inside and outside. KG IS UNDERRATED!

Makematics

HSC
Hahaha yeah, I honestly think that Tim Duncan is the greatest PF to ever play :p
That's just my opinion though :)
fair enough, there is no one correct opinion :) i mean im not that knowledgeable on past NBA players, but from what ive seen from duncan he doesnt seem that legendary. also i reckon there havent been that many amazing power forwards in history COMPARED to other positions. Other positions like shooting guard and centre have been played by iconic figures like jordan, kobe, KAJ, etc. but imo karl malone was pretty good too, so good to see him in reserves.

G0

HSC
AUSTRALIAN CRICKET TEAM 2006/7.

Matthew Hayden
Justin Langer
Ricky Ponting
Damien Martyn
Michael Clarke
Michael Hussey
Andrew Symonds
Adam Gilchrist
Brett Lee
Shane Warne
Glenn McGrath

anyone disagree?

btx3

HSC
Uni Grad
Hippowdon @ Leftovers
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 16 Def / 240 SDef
Sassy Nature
- Earthquake
- Ice Fang
- Slack Off
- Whirlwind

So Hippowdon was the inspiration to this team. I have made a hippo sand team before and I really enjoyed it. I almost always take 2 hits from anything. Earthquake is obviously my Stab, while Ice Fang gives me really useful coverage. Slack Off is for the amazing usefulness of instant recovery. Whirlwind is useful to get some phasing momentum or stopping set up sweepers in their tracks.

Forretress @ Leftovers
Trait: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
IVs: 0 Spd
- Rapid Spin
- Stealth Rock
- Volt Switch
- Gyro Ball

Forretress is here because I needed a spinner, hazard layer, and a dedicated physical wall. Probably one of the biggest pros of this guy is he beats Techniloom 1v1 every time once I sac something to sleep. Techniloom happens to give about 2/3rds of my team trouble (depending on hax) so this is pretty important. Ev's are meant to maximize my physical bulkyness while having a fairly hard hitting Gyro ball. Sturdy and leftovers give me a solid way to take weak u-turns and be sure I live any switchins attack. Stealth rock and rapid spin are the main reasons why I wanted Forre in the first place. Gyro ball is a solid option to hit fast threats (especially those that boost their speed) and volt switch is a great move for gaining momentum.

Latias (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Roost
- Surf
- Psyshock

Latias is such a tank, that's the whole reason I added her. She takes fighting type moves for TTar, water type moves for TTar and Forre, fire type moves for Forre, electric type moves for Jelli, and I'm pretty sure I am nowhere near the end of the reasons I put Latias on solely for synergy. Latias also was added because I didn't really have any good ways to take on Landorus I or defensive Rotom W, so here is my best way to handle both. The EV's are pretty standard, max speed for tying all base 110's and beating everything below, with max attack investment to deal as much damage as possible. Okay so theres a few reasons i didnt choose hp fire. For starters I now outspeed every non scarfed Latias running HP fire. I can now also risk speed tying with Gengar so they don't get up a sub. One of the big reasons though is if I'm in against a Landorus I, and my opponent has TTar and Scizor waiting to come in, I can use surf with next to no downside. Meanwhile if I had HP fire I would need to go for Draco to take out Landorus and if Scizor came in I would be in a really bad spot. I run Draco Meteor and Psyshock for stabs and I really like the coverage these 3 moves have given me. Roost is so Latias can be a defensive pivot into the late game.

Jellicent @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
EVs: 252 HP / 208 Def / 48 Spd
Bold Nature
- Recover
- Scald
- Taunt
- Will-O-Wisp

Okay I know what you're thinking, another defensive pokemon, well fuck you cunt i do what i want. Ever hear of the Ferrocent defensive core? Well I have Forre so I was hoping Forrecent would work in a similar fashion. Jellicent is my main rain counter, that's pretty much the whole reason why I have him. Jellicent works well against TTar, Scizor, Hippowdon, and Politoed. Those are just things I thought of randomly that I normally use Jelli to take on, it just seems to work well synergy wise with my team. My EV's are pretty standard except I run an additional 4 spd ev's to outspeed opposing Jellicent (which is incredibly useful). I like Water Absorb more than Cursed Body since I enjoy having multiple immunities as well as taking rain boosted hydro pumps for days. Recover is a standard move on a defensive mon, Scald is my stab of choice, and Will O Wisp allows me to more reliably burn my opponents than Scald. Lastly Taunt allows me to use Jellicent as a Stall breaker, which is one of the reasons I use him over Gastrodon.

Terrakion @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- X-Scissor

Scarf Terrakion has saved me as many times as Hippowdon. Biggest pros to this guy? He beats just about every Dragon Dance and Quiver Dance user around. Volcarona? No problem. Dragonite? It better hope it has it's scales unbroken or that cunts dead. Haxorus? Lel. I think I'm just going to stop here, this guy is really standard I know, but he works. Well, his EV's and 3 of his moves as really standard. Most people are against EQ on Terrakion, but that moveslot that EQ is taking up doesn't really matter. All you will run in place of it is a third Stab move. All EQ does is save me. I'm facing an opponent who has Jirachi and Tentacruel dying to switch in? Suddenly I don't need to predict and I can just go for the SE move. I feel like the people that say don't use EQ, haven't tried it out against rain teams late game. Once their flying type or levitating mon is gone, EQ can be a life saver with taking away pointless prediction.

Magnezone @ Life Orb
Trait: Magnet Pull
EVs: 172 HP / 252 SAtk / 84 Spd
Modest Nature
- Flash Cannon
- Thunderbolt
- Volt Switch
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Magnezone is almost exclusively here for weakening Jirachi and killing Ferrothorn. Thankfully it provides good synergy with my team and that's all I really needed out of my last member. I pretty much just took the specs set and replaced the item with a life orb. Ev's maximize my special attack and bulk while allowing me to outspeed neutral Scizor I believe. Flash Cannon is there almost exclusively for hitting TTar and Landorus I in fear of them setting up. T-bolt is my hardest hitting Stab move while Volt Switch is good for getting momentum. HP fire is there for hitting steel types hard. The only other thing I can think of using Magnezone for is taking U-Turns and Volt Switches late game when it has no other use

so theres my dream team cunts #donthatemecuzyouaintme

Live

HSC
NRL:

Fullback1: Billy Slater
Wing2: Josh Morris
Centre3: Greg Inglis
Centre4: Michael Jennings
Wing5:Darius Boyd
Five-Eighth6: Cooper Cronk
Scrum Half7: Jonathan Thurston
Prop8: Matt Scott
Hooker9: Cameron Smith
Prop10: Jared Waerea-Hargreaves
Second Row11: Sam Burgess
Second Row12: Sam Thaiday
Lock: Paul Gallen

Reserves

14: Benji Marshall
15: Josh Reynolds
16: Sonny Bill Williams
17: Davis Shillington
18: Nate Myles
19: Shaun Kenny-Dowall
20: Anthony Watmough

Coach: Wayne Bennett

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)