Your marks (1 Viewer)

anomalousdecay

Premium Member
HSC
Hi everyone,

So LHS did make a similar thread to this last year regarding the HSC marks. Back then I wasn't in LHS' position to actually know exactly how she felt. However this year, just looking at the results thread I can definitely understand how proud we can be at the results of HSC students.

Many of you have been involved here on BoS, many of you haven't. In the end, it is quite satisfying to see some of the marks up here :)

Now not everyone lived up to their own expectations but I can definitely say that no matter what, you should all be proud of yourselves. You have all put in an effort towards what you have got for marks (well at least I hope you all did) and if you tried your best then you should be content with what you have. The simplest way to put it would be "You win some, you lose some."

Whether you reached your marks goal or not, do remember that you all have potential to make yourselves a bright future. Your future is what you make of it and I really hope you all go on to make the most of yourselves in the bigger world.

Do remember that the end of the HSC is not the end. It's the beginning of a new chapter in all your lives.

Congratulations to all and all the best for your future's :D

Now go out and have a fun and relaxing but also remember to keep safe for the next 2 more months of holidaying.

On behalf of everyone who is proud of you all, good luck for your future endeavours.

Speed6

Retired '16
HSC
N/A
And remember guys that a number should not define who you are...Its your attitude that will!

Maxwell

bow peasants
HSC
lol errybody holidaying and i have to get a job coz i'm poor and need to move to sydney (5 hours away)

But thanks very much for this post AD (I always think aggregate demand when I see AD #Economics) - I think many people, and in particular, some of my friends need to read it.

I think I speak on behalf of all of the 2014ers when I say thanks for being around for all of the BoS kids!

RivalryofTroll

Sleep Deprived Entity
HSC
Uni Grad
Once again, everyone on the Mod team and myself would like to congratulate all of you who have completed the 2014 HSC.

Like AD has already said, good luck for your future endeavours!

The simplest way to put it would be "You win some, you lose some."
Basically this.

Also, I believe that ''for every close battle you lose, there'll be a close battle you'll win in the future.''

So for those who just missed out on:
- A State Rank by 1 mark
- All Rounders because of that 1 89 mark
- A Band 6 by 1 mark
- The higher band by 1 mark
- Their desired course at their desired university by 0.05, 0.1 or 1 ATAR (when that comes out tomorrow)

Sympathies to you guys.

It's alright to feel gutted when you come so close but later down on the track, you guys will probably look back and laugh at it. :)

Remember that there are many alternatives and different pathways to get to where you want so positively take on the disappointment and have hope!

obliviousninja

(╯°□°)╯━︵ ┻━┻ - - - -
HSC
Uni Grad
So for those who just missed out on:
- A State Rank by 1 mark
- All Rounders because of that 1 89 mark
- A Band 6 by 1 mark
- The higher band by 1 mark
- Their desired course at their desired university by 0.05, 0.1 or 1 ATAR (when that comes out tomorrow)

Sympathies to you guys.

It's alright to feel gutted when you come so close but later down on the track, you guys will probably look back and laugh at it. :)

Remember that there are many alternatives and different pathways to get to where you want so positively take on the disappointment and have hope!
Experienced both of these. The prior one 3 times. And unfortunately the latter one cost me a scholarship. :haha:

But what can I say, my first year at uni has been splendid. And in the end, I am happy as to where I am now.

--------

RoT u better shout me some kfc for sympathies

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
ATAR is the fastest way of getting into a course, and as others have mentioned it's not the only way

So don't beat yourself up in disappointment with your marks, be proud of what you have achieved and don't compare yourself to others or listen to anything negative they have to say about your marks

Because in the end you did the HSC for your own benefit and not for the benefit of others (as selfish as it may sound)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)