• We have a few events lined up for the October school holidays!
    Watch this space...

Yr 11 2020 Sydney Girls Transfer (1 Viewer)

addictedtobubbletea

HSC
Hi all!

I’m currently in year 10, and I’ve received an offer from SGHS for year 11 entry in 2020. To be honest, I’m actually not sure if I should accept the offer at all as my current school is already pretty good and I don’t know if it’s worth it to transition to a whole new enviro. (esp since theyre crucial years) I was wondering if anyone here is currently studying in SGHS or is/was in the same boat, and could help with some questions I have!
- what is the school environment like? are people friendly or is it very a competitive enviro?
- how many y11 transfers do they usually take, and do they make a new class for y11 transfers?
- what subjects are sghs particularly strong in? I’m looking to take drama but I’m not sure if sghs drama is any good haha
- are we expected to drop extracurriculars in y11-12 because of the hsc? (which means in my case, will I be able to join extracurriculars?) (answered, thank you unluckyrubberducky!)
- if you could share anything about school life in sghs that would be great too! anything that can help me to decide whether transferring is worth it would really be appreciated 😅

Sorry if these some of these questions are kinda duh... Thanks a lot!! :D

btw - if there are any other y10s also transferring to sghs next year,, hmu would love to chat :”D

Last edited:

unluckyrubberducky

HSC
Hi all!

I’m currently in year 10 and studying outside the country, and I’ve received an offer from SGHS for year 11 entry in 2020. To be honest, I’m actually not sure if I should accept the offer at all as my current school is already pretty good and I don’t know if it’s worth it to transition to a whole new enviro. I was wondering if anyone here is currently studying in SGHS or is/was in the same boat, and could help with some questions I have!
- what is the school environment like? are people friendly or is it very a competitive enviro?
- how many y11 transfers do they usually take, and do they make a new class for y11 transfers?
- what subjects are sghs particularly strong in? I’m looking to take drama but I’m not sure if sghs drama is any good haha
- are we expected to drop extracurriculars in y11-12 because of the hsc? (which means in my case, will I be able to join extracurriculars?)
- if you could share anything about school life in sghs that would be great too! anything that can help me to decide whether transferring is worth it would really be appreciated 😅

Sorry if these some of these questions are kinda duh, I’m pretty new to all of this haha

Thanks a lot!! :D

btw - if there are any other y10s also transferring to sghs next year,, hmu would love to chat :”D
In any case, you will never be expected to drop extracurriculars by a school so you will always be able to join a new one. As for environment, I haven’t heard the greatest of things, as previous transfers I’ve heard have been unhappy with the change, but from what I know our cohort will be quite kind, but i’m pretty sure it will be competitive.

addictedtobubbletea

HSC
In any case, you will never be expected to drop extracurriculars by a school so you will always be able to join a new one. As for environment, I haven’t heard the greatest of things, as previous transfers I’ve heard have been unhappy with the change, but from what I know our cohort will be quite kind, but i’m pretty sure it will be competitive.
Oh yikes, why were they unhappy with it? thanks for the other info btw. Yeah competitiveness is to be expected of any selective school i guess

unluckyrubberducky

HSC
Oh yikes, why were they unhappy with it? thanks for the other info btw. Yeah competitiveness is to be expected of any selective school i guess
Yea, it was mainly because they were unable to really blend in with the kids that have been there since year 7. But I mean that just depends on you and how you want to interact.

Sunaina123

HSC
please reply, as I contacted them and they said that the unsuccessful people have received emails and the successful ones have received or will be receiving letters...

Sunaina123

HSC
Do you know if all the unsuccessful people have been contacted? Coz, I have literally no info abt this...

addictedtobubbletea

HSC
Do you know if all the unsuccessful people have been contacted? Coz, I have literally no info abt this...
I’m not sure sorry, if anything i’m probably the most clueless. I live abroad so I got an email, but I’m really not sure about the rest!

Sunaina123

HSC
Do you think I got in or not???? I actually haven't checked my letter box....

sherlock01

HSC
Do you think I got in or not???? I actually haven't checked my letter box....
The chances are highly likely you have made it because if you haven't received an email telling you you didn't make it then it's probably coming in the mail

Sunaina123

HSC
Sorry, these questions might sound very stupid, but am kinda very anxious right now....

sherlock01

HSC
Hahaha don't worry you will definitely make it I saw on a thread you posted your marks and from past experience at selective school, however how did you find the exam because that takes a big toll as well

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)