Yr 12 2006 - What elective are YOU doing? (1 Viewer)

What genre elective do you do?

• Total voters

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A
Hello boys and girls. Welcome to the Genre subforum - I hope you have a wonderful time with your course this year.:)

To get the ball rolling, what elective and prescribed texts are you doing?

luscious-llama

Ára bátur
HSC
N/A
crime fiction of course, tis excellente...
hmm not many people seem to be doing genre

BlackDragon

HSC
just some interesting stats about this module. officially, from last years HSC the most popular elective by FAR was crime fiction. this elective also got the lowest marks on average. the next most popular was revenge tragedy. this module got the best marks. and the least popular with only around 600 people in the whole state doing it, was spec. fic. this obviously received the second best marks. spec fic. is also the fastest growing elective.

Es.B

HSC
Crime Fiction
Texts:
Anil's Ghost
The Big Sleep
The Real Inspector Hound

benjams

HSC
crime fiction - the big sleep, skull beneath the skin and the real inspector hound - YAY :S

leishy

HSC
im doin crime fic @ the moment n skull beneath the skin totally confuses me!!:confused:

makemyangelfly

HSC
Crime Fiction... Our teacher is doing it a little differently though I think. He broke into three topics: Classical Crime Fiction (Real Inspector Hound), Hard Boiled Crime Fiction (The Big Sleep) and Modern Crime Fiction (The Skull Beneath the Skin).

In conclusion, Extension One is the most boring thing in the world... I am ETERNALLY DEVOTED to Extension Two, it floats my boat AND boils my potato... Maybe it's my teacher??? No one else seems to hate Extension One...:confused:

Dio-Rama

HSC
crime fiction is cool...cept when you have to analyse to the extent you must in ext.
ext 2 is my baby at the mo. its basically all im concentrating on.
doing the big sleep and skull beneath the skin...and to some extent anils ghost, but not really.

Porcia

HSC
makemyangelfly said:
Crime Fiction... Our teacher is doing it a little differently though I think. He broke into three topics: Classical Crime Fiction (Real Inspector Hound), Hard Boiled Crime Fiction (The Big Sleep) and Modern Crime Fiction (The Skull Beneath the Skin).

In conclusion, Extension One is the most boring thing in the world... I am ETERNALLY DEVOTED to Extension Two, it floats my boat AND boils my potato... Maybe it's my teacher??? No one else seems to hate Extension One...:confused:
trust me a majority of ext 1 haters are usually ext 2 people...

LadyNightmare

HSC
I'm doing Crime Fiction. I'm glad, because I'm actually enjoying this module, and I find it interesting how you can track all the social values present in the societies by looking at the works.

My class is doing The Big Sleep, The Skull Beneath the Skin, Anils Ghost(Least favorite), & The Real Inspector Hound (Favorite).

I read & watch tons of crime fiction, so related material isn't a problem, thankfully. I'm probably just going with the normal ones, like Sherlock Holmes, Agatha Christie, Val Mcdermid, CSI, Law & Order, etc.

Kabbasi

HSC
Yo everyone, Our class is doing Crime fiction and we're doing The Big Sleep, Skull Beneath the Skin, and The Real Inspector Hound. Our teacher at the moment is giving us all these sheets about the genre and making us summarise it... I'm not sure what our assessment's going to be on.
It's turning out to be an okay subject - initially I only did it for Extension 2 but now I sort of like it), except I'm not really into the whole early Victorian Crime novels but rather the gritting hard-boiled stuff. And as for Supplementary texts, I've sworn to stay away from CSI and Law and Order since too many others do it... not that they're bad texts, but I'd like to do something different... by the way I love rambling...

Loza33

HSC
We are doing Speculative Fiction with Dune, The Handmaid's Tale and The Lord Of the Rings (first movie) as our texts and it makies me cry!!

I hate this topic.. no-one in our class wants to do it.. three people have already dropped out because they hate the topic.. only our teacher wants to do it....

It sucks!!!!!

splexington

HSC
We're also doing crime fiction: Skull Beneath the Skin, The real Inspector hound and the big sleep.
I literally just finished my first assessment :) It's a speech that I have to do tomorrow about conventions and values. There was also an audio text we had to include with examples from SBTS.

jazzmuzik

HSC
Is this thread for the new year 12's? like 2007 graduates?
If so then i'm doing Speculative fiction. and studying LOTR number 1 the film atm

jazzmuzik

HSC
Loza33 said:
We are doing Speculative Fiction with Dune, The Handmaid's Tale and The Lord Of the Rings (first movie) as our texts and it makies me cry!!

I hate this topic.. no-one in our class wants to do it.. three people have already dropped out because they hate the topic.. only our teacher wants to do it....

It sucks!!!!!
Hey there loza33,
i'm doing the sam extension course. I am at a fairly small school and i am now the only one doing extension english!
it feels like we do nothing in class, just me and my teacher, watching LOTR. any study tips so i feel like i understand the point of it all...hehe?

xclusv2bhung

sexier than neha x10000
HSC
THE ONLY ONE ?
WOW ! That must be tough.

I'm doing Crime Fiction & loving it.
Not into .. gritty .. bloody .. things. More of a Agatha Christie person x]

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)