Yr 12 student stressing her brains out... HELP! (1 Viewer)

HSC
N/A
Is it better/easier to transfer internally from Macquarie --> Macquarie or from UNSW --> Macquarie?

Let me elaborate:

My top choice is a Bachelor of Creative Arts at Macquarie. Thanks to a happy little bonus 5 Mac points (Encouragement Scheme thingo) I only need a UAI within the realm of 81-83. My problem is trying to figure out (and not stress too much) about my other preferences...

There are two things I can do, really. On one hand is the idea of an internal transfer - doing other courses at Mac, some of which I like, others which I could bear with (just) in the knowledge that I could transfer into the BCA after a semester or a year. The UAI required for these courses ranges from the same as the BCA down to 76.

My estimated UAI ranges from anywhere between high seventies to high eighties. In a nutshell, I screwed up one of my TEN units, for which I don't see anything higher than in the seventies. However, in two other subjects, I expect something in the eighties, and for 4U english, I expect to do somewhat well (eg nineties for sure - ignoring the fact that extension units are out of 50 :p ), particularly as there is a history of much english scaling up at my school. I hope that it all balances out somewhere in the eighties, but as I'm not exactly sure how it will end up... STRESS!!!

The other thing I could do is do a Bachelor of Arts at UNSW, for which the required UAI is 86 or so - higher than what I'd need for the BCA (which is what I want to do). So what am I thinking? If I don't get into the BCA, no way I'm going to get into the UNSW course... but what if Mac suddenly becomes majorly popular and I can't get into any of the courses I want....

So it comes down to: As an emergency choice, would it be better to put all my Mac courses above the UNSW one (inc the ones I'm really not all that keen on doing) or put the UNSW course above my "dooby" Mac ones?

Or does it not matter at all? Does only my first preference really matter (in terms of order)? If I don't get the BCA, am I able to pick and choose from all my other choices regardless of order?

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
Basically, it is MUCH MUCH easier to internally transfer at Macquarie, all you need is to get Pass/Credit averages in any first year degree to transfer into anything else (go to the Macq uni forum and ask around)

I'd suggest putting all your Macq preferences above UNSW, because you mind end up where you didnt really want to go in the first place.

Minai

Alumni
HSC
Uni Grad
from what I hear, yes, apart from Law I think? You'll have to ask the Mac kiddies in their forum

iambored

dum-di-dum
HSC
i'm sure i have answered this thread before.....

i said i think mac to mac is better. because if you do something related or general you can picka dn choose your subjects so you can do the exact same first year as everyone else, transfer and not lose any time.

shannonm

HSC
N/A
why dont you wait until you get your uai before thinking about this shit

HSC
N/A
Because pre-HSC students are all paranoid freaks who stress about their future in their spare time :p

But all is good... the UAI I got is high enough to at least get me into my second choice, if not my first. :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)