Yr 12 (1 Viewer)

idkkdi

HSC
why would u need to remember sources for? don't they provide?
lmao since when were sources provided for a history essay.
sources are meant to be used in a similar way to quotes in an English essay, but not as much is needed.

DarkOperator618

HSC
Depends on the person tbh. Also, you have to remember sources/ historical viewpoints. :)
I just asked my teacher about this, they said that YOU DONT HAVE TO PROVIDE SOURCES FOR HISTORICAL ESSAYS LIKE HISTORIAN'S TAKES ON AN ISSUE

studiesofboard

HSC
Well when someone writes a Modern essay. What makes it believable. For god knows they can be writing straight up bs. Sources make it distinct and make it more reliable and useful. :)

DarkOperator618

HSC
Well when someone writes an Modern essay. What makes it believable. For god knows they can be writing straight up bs. Sources make it distinct and make it more reliable and useful. :)
the hsc markers specifically said that you don't have to take in historians quotes into your essay as you're formulating an argument towards the question

studiesofboard

HSC
Well when you're arguing you give positives and negatives and you do that by backing your argument with sources/historian viewpoints to hear a different side/voice :)

DarkOperator618

HSC
Well when you're arguing you give positives and negatives and you do that by backing your argument with sources/historian viewpoints to hear a different side/voice :)
or u could use historical facts/events. it worked for me in the prelim

#RoadTo31Atar

HSC
the hsc markers specifically said that you don't have to take in historians quotes into your essay as you're formulating an argument towards the question
You're right that you don't have to use historians views, I got 23 and 24 out of 25 for my essays in trials without memorising anything like that. I think someone above said something about having to memorise 30 essays which is also unnecessary. You can plan ahead for lines of argument or most likely questions but the most important thing is just to answer the question you're given. What you can memorise though is events and names of key figures, although even this you don't need to memorise because you'll prob remember it anyway unless you have no idea what the topic is even about in which case idk what you're doing.

DarkOperator618

HSC
You're right that you don't have to use historians views, I got 23 and 24 out of 25 for my essays in trials without memorising anything like that. I think someone above said something about having to memorise 30 essays which is also unnecessary. You can plan ahead for lines of argument or most likely questions but the most important thing is just to answer the question you're given. What you can memorise though is events and names of key figures, although even this you don't need to memorise because you'll prob remember it anyway unless you have no idea what the topic is even about in which case idk what you're doing.
see? there u go @studiesofboard

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)