yr12 4u math tutoring suggestions (1 Viewer)

Cici 0v0

HSC
Does anybody have any recommendation on 4u math tutoring centre? Preferably around Burwood.

Plus, do you think tutoring for 4u is helpful? Or any tips for surviving from 4u?

My school is using the Cambridge textbook. Although it says 'do not attempt all the question' but how else can I know what type of question is in the HSC since the syllabus just changed?

idkkdi

HSC
Does anybody have any recommendation on 4u math tutoring centre? Preferably around Burwood.

Plus, do you think tutoring for 4u is helpful? Or any tips for surviving from 4u?

My school is using the Cambridge textbook. Although it says 'do not attempt all the question' but how else can I know what type of question is in the HSC since the syllabus just changed?
4u's honestly just a grind till you've seen every trick possible.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A
4u's honestly just a grind till you've seen every trick possible.
I don't agree. MX2 is not about memorising which "trick" applies where, it is about understanding topics and the connections within and between them sufficiently for a student to be able to transfer ideas and techniques between contexts, it is about being able to quickly decide not only what options are available but to select the one that is best suited to a situation, and it is about problem solving / reasoning in a mathematical way. Mathematics is a powerful tool for a variety of areas / applications and, like any tool, it can be used skillfully or clumsily... and it takes time and effort to really appreciate its value. Learning to use it to get high HSC marks is fair enough as a short-term goal, and for those whose careers are not likely to need mathematics, that's fine, but it has much more to offer.

CM_Tutor

HSC
N/A

Don't rely on a textbook as the authority on what is and is not in any new syllabus.

Tutoring can be exceptionally helpful (admitted bias: I am a tutor) but it depends on what you want from it and finding a tutor who aligns with your goals and style. Many students don't need a tutor, and those who do are not all the same. No one tutor is ideal for every student, though there are likely many who will fit reasonably with most. My advice is to know what you are looking for, be up front about whatever that is, and to be willing to move on if you don't think a particular tutor suits you.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)