The Official UTS Subject Reviews Thread (Table of Contents on First Post) (1 Viewer)

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
THE OFFICIAL UTS SUBJECT REVIEWS THREAD
Updated by Katsumi 06/08/2017​

Hi All! Welcome to the Official UTS Subject Reviews Thread. The purpose of this thread is to share your experiences, thoughts and comments on the various courses offered at UTS in a standardised format.

It gives you an idea from other BOS members on what they thought about a particular subject. It will be especially useful for those picking elective subjects in other faculties, as you may not have prior knowledge of the quality of the subject.

Everyone is highly encouraged to contribute :) Make sure to Like any particular reviews that helped you out making your own choices. See below for an index of all reviews made on this thread.

_____

Table of Contents:
Faculty of Business:
International Business (21228)
Managing People and Organisations (21129)
Managing People and Organisations (21129)
Employment Relations in the Global Context (21306)
International Management (21591)
Accounting for Business Decisions A (22107)
International Accounting (22240)
Cost Management Systems (22321)
Accounting Standards and Regulations (22420)
Economics for Business (23115)
Economics for Business (23115)
Economics for Business 2 (23566)
Marketing Foundations (24108)
Fundamentals of Business Finance (25300)
Asian-Australian Economics Relations (25304)
International Financial Management (25421)
Investment Analysis (25503)
Economics for Business (25115)
Macroeconomics: Theory and Applications (25555)
The Financial System (25556)
Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice (25557)
Quantitative Business Analysis (25622)
Integrating Business Perspectives (26100)
Integrating Business Perspective (26100)
Business Statistics (26134)
Business Statistics (26134)

Faculty of Design, Architecture and Building:

Faculty of Education:

Faculty of Engineering:

Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences:
Power and Change in Australia (50109)
Media Arts and Production 1 (50116)
Cinematic Cultures (50136)

Faculty of Information Technology:
Database Principles (31061)
Communication for IT Professionals (31265)
Communication for IT Professionals (31265)
Introduction to Information Systems (31266)
Introduction to Information Systems (31266)
Web Systems (31268)
Web Systems (31268)
Business Requirements Modelling (31269)
Networking Essentials (31270)
Systems Development Project (31476)
Programming Fundamentals (48023)

Faculty of Law:
Foundations of Law (70102)
Commercial Law (70327)
Corporate Law (70417)
Equity and Trusts (70517)
Constitutional Law (70616)
Administrative Law (70617)
Evidence & Criminal Procedure (70717)
Business Law and Ethics (79203)

Faculty of Nursing, Midwifery and Health:

Faculty of Science:
Statistical Design and Analysis (33116)
Statistical Design and Analysis (33116)
Mathematical Modelling for Science (33190)
Mathematical Modelling for Science (33190)
Principle of Scientific Practice (60001)
Chemistry 1C (65101)
Chemistry 1C (65101)
Chemistry 1 (65111)
Cells, Genetics and Evolution (91101)
Cell Biology and Genetics (91161)
Medical Science 1 (91701)
Medical Science 1 (91701)

Faculty of International Studies:
Japanese Language and Culture 1 (97201)
Foundations in International Studies (976001)
Japanese Language and Culture 5 (97205)

_____

Writing a new subject review:

Please see below for a standardised template that you can use to assist you in writing your subject review. The top template (referred to as "with help comments") includes the standard template + notes made by myself to assist you in filling in this template. The bottom template (referred to as "without help comments" can be copy & pasted into your review for your convenience

WITH HELP COMMENTS:
Subject Name: <Enter Full Subject Name Here>
Subject Number: <Enter Subject # here- Codes can be searched through your course via the handbook - http://www.handbook.uts.edu.au/>
Faculty: Faculty of <Enter Faculty the subject belongs to> (School of <Enter School Name if applicable>)
Semester: <Spring/Autumn>, <Year>
Ease: <Mark out of 10>
Lecturer: <Mark out of 10>
Tutor: <Mark out of 10>
Subject Coordinator: <Mark out of 10>
Interest: <Mark out of 10> <Comment on your interest of the subject>
Overall: <Mark out of 10 - perhaps an average of the marks you gave> <Other overall comments you would like to make>

WITHOUT HELP COMMENTS:
Subject Name:
Subject Number:
Faculty: Faculty of (School of )
Semester:
Ease: /10
Lecturer: /10
Tutor: /10
Subject Coordinator: /10
Interest: /10
Overall: /10

_____

Please direct all administrative enquiries, requests or suggestions to Katsumi via the private messaging system. All suggestions are highly encouraged and appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Re: The Official UTS Subject Reviews Thread + Searchable PDF

Subject Name: Marketing Foundations
Subject Number: 24108
Faculty: Faculty of Business (School of Marketing)
Semester: Autumn, 2007
Ease: 9/10 Marketing Foundations is one of the easiest subjects I've done at UTS. You could pretty much read the lecture notes and make up your own real-business examples. But if you want a distinction or high distinction, you should attend lectures for a better outlook. The textbook - Marketing Core Concepts and Applications (Pride et al) is also one of the easiest and lightest textbooks I've read at UTS. It is really easy to skim.
Lecturer: 8/10
Tutor: 9/10
Subject Coordinator: 6/10
Interest: 3/10 You can be either a Marketing-person or not. I am not a marketing-person. Even though it sounds like I liked the subject by my reviews on the teaching staff, I have no interest in continuing any studies in marketing in the future.
Overall: 6/10 The average is actually 7/10, but I deducted 0.5 because of the organisation of the poster assignment presentation and 0.5 for tutorials. I addressed this in the feedback, but I'm not sure if they will change it.
Poster presentation- Our group picked a 6-8PM session, where we were waiting until around 7:50PM for a marker. We only got a marker when I decided to talk to one of the other markers to see what was happening. What also disappointed me was the length of the presentation. Ours was around 5 minutes. Other groups had 20 minutes to lengthen their explanations.
Tutorials- We are always rushed in tutorials, as they are once a fortnight. Tutorials should be one a week.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject Name: Business Statistics (formerly Business Information Analysis)
Subject Number: 26134 (formerly 26133)
Faculty: Faculty of Business (School of Marketing)
Ease: 7/10 Some of the concepts in BStats are not easy to grab onto. Lectures are progressive, so if you miss one, you may not understand the next lecture. But if you know your stuff and attended all lectures/tutorials, the assignment (which took ages to complete), the mid semester and final exam shouldn't be too hard.
Lecturer: 5/10
Tutor: 9/10 and 7/10
Subject Coordinator: 8/10
Interest: 8/10 I did not mind BStats overall. Interest fell a little when it came to concepts that made no sense at all.. and there are a couple that are.
Overall: 7/10

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject Name: Business Law and Ethics
Subject Number: 79203
Faculty: Faculty of Law
Ease: 5/10 Not an easy subject to master. I did Legal Studies in my HSC studies, so it helped in the general
jist of things (i.e. legal system, basis to contracts, some TPA stuff- not much). It is very much harder when it is
your first ever Law subject. It is next to impossible to do well in this subject (when I mean well- i mean above a
credit) without the readings every week (there are heaps of allocated readings every week that they recommend you doing).
Lecturer: 8/10
Tutor: 7/10
Subject Coordinator: N/A
Interest: 8/10 I'd definately prefer Business Law and Ethics over subjects like Managing People and Organisations and Marketing Foundations. I'm looking forward to Corporations and Tax law (which may suprise people) - part of the Accounting Major.
Overall: 7/10 I am unhappy with 2 things in Business Law and Ethics. I have addressed these concerns in student feedbacks, but I'm not sure that they will change it. Firstly, they DO NOT USE the UTSOnline Discussion Board. It would save them alot more time answering questions once in the Discussion Board instead of ONLY replying to emails. Secondly, some of the tutorial questions relate to the next lecture. So that means you have to read ahead without assistance to answer the tutorial questions (which you have to do and are part of your class participation mark). I did not like this structure, as I'd rather answer questions on the lecture done in the week so your knowledge of the concepts are immediately reinforced with the questions. Other than that, I did not mind studying Business Law and Ethics this semester.

Subject Name: Database Principles
Subject Number: 31061
Faculty: Faculty of Information Technology (Department of Software Engineering)
Ease: 9/10 Another of those easy IT subjects, that require no further textbook reading from what was learnt in lecturers and tutorials. Much of the work done outside of contact hours are practice on SQL code- the theory is only tested in the credit written test and the rest of the assignments/assessments are practical.
Lecturer: 10/10
Tutor: 7/10
Interest: 9/10 I thought Database Principles was going to be a long and boring subject. But, because the content was easy to understand, it interested me.
Overall: 8.75/10 Database Principles is an excellent subject. People who do not have an IT background i.e. those who chose IT as their Business major, will find that this is one of the better and easier IT subjects. Like I said before, it would not have been so good without the staff. Also- as a fundamental database subject, it gives a firm foothole into a career into database management.

Last edited:

goan_crazy

Hates the waiting game...
HSC

effort!

Edit: reserved for when Joe can be bothered

Last edited:

ragnarok

Inanimate Carbon Rod
HSC

Subject Name: Accounting Standards and Regulations
Subject Number: 22420
Faculty: Faculty of Business (School of Accounting)
Ease: 6.5/10; some concepts are quite hard to cram in the last minute because they're just like wtf? or are quite long. The regulation itself is relatively difficult to understand in some areas too. The assessments are okay however, but probably not that great.
Lecturer: Peter Wells: 4/10; the lecture material he prepares is a nuisance more than anything. Each week uses a similar template (even with the same pictures used all the time!) and consists of a billion rhetorical questions I guess you have to 'think' about which is rather useless because it takes you about 904804353 hours to read up on stuff.
Tutor: Charles Lo: 6/10; he knows most of his stuff and can explain it to you if you don't understand but he is no where near as strong as David Bond (who I had as a substitute tutor a couple of times since Charles was absent). He also takes forever to mark your assignment :p (We got our mark back like 1 week after others did and about a week after the FINAL exam).
Interest: 3/10; I had thought regulation and standards, as sad as it sounds, would interest me. It didn't. However, I think this is mainly attributable to the structure/lecturer. I think it could be much better/more enjoyed if things changed which I think they're working on.
Overall: 4/10; I disliked this subject very much (and mind you, I liked horrible subjects like BStats and Accounting 2)! The lectures were immensely boring, the tute work isn't very informative in some areas either. I particularly hated the assessments. The mid-semester exam's average was like a fail (although they say it's probably higher because some people have a recorded mark of 0 though I doubt it'd be much higher than a low pass). However, it was the first time they introduced the exam so I guess it had to be flawed in some areas. The essay assignment (although they try to negate your views) IS a test of your memory, not your understanding sadly. You have 50 minutes to write an essay for questions you are given beforehand. Why bother making it in class then?

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject Name: Cost Management Systems
Subject Number: 22321
Ease: 5/10; a lot of people suggest this is probably the hardest (or one of the hardest) subjects in the accounting major. Personally, I disagree :p Yes, it's very hard if you don't study consistently (that's why it's hard!) but if you do your work each week, you'll probably do quite well. I do admit I was lost like every second week with the tute work but after the tute I generally understood it.
Lecturer: Prahbu Sivabalan: 8/10; he definitely knows his stuff (although he does get lost/distracted at times and does the wrong thing :p). Is funny sometimes too but sometimes is a bit lame :p But yeah, not bad at all.
Tutor: Sorry, I can't remember your name. Young honours student.: 8/10; Great! Being her first class she's ever taught she did really well. Knows her stuff pretty well and can explain concepts to you if you don't understand.
Subject Coordinator: David Bedford; had him once for the environmental lecture. He really knows his stuff too but tends to blab on heaps about irrelevant stuff at the start. Would probably be annoying to have him every week but as I said, he's good at what he does.
Interest: 7/10; I didn't really consider management accounting at first but this has kind of opened my eyes a bit more. It can be okay but in some areas it's like lots of numbers and hard to grasp concepts that may make you wish the subject would burn.
Overall: 7/10; I'm sure most people would probably think I'm mad for rating it this highly but I think it deserves it. The flaws I can point out are: the mid-semester AND final exams had errors from using a previous semester's exam/work as a template. This was especially annoying when the error was apparent over more than 1 page and that they didn't bother to check properly (i.e. it'd be referring to like ice cream or some crap one page and then after that kept referring to it as pastries :/). I thought the assessments were very fair and really do test your understanding as opposed to memorising things.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Subject Name: Systems Development Project
Subject Number: 31476
Faculty: Faculty of Information Technology
Ease: 9/10; this subject isn't hard at all it just takes A LOT of your time. You find yourself doing it like most days and at times where you don't want to be doing it, you'll have to.
Lecturer: Richard Raban: 3/10; horrific! Only had him for the very first week (or more like a week before the semester started) but he is pretty bad. He takes like a week or more to respond to emails/discussion board and I question his commitment to the subject despite running it.
Tutor: Alison Roberts: 6.5/10; she's pretty cool. The only thing is that she doesn't know everything that may be required/asked. Sure you don't expect them to know everything but there are things that some members asked her and she had no clue on. This is probably the only reason she gets pulled down so much in the ratings. The subject is pretty autonomous (in the sense you don't rely on your tutor except to check if you're on the right track in terms of content and time).
Interest: 4/10; I'll be honest and say I was a little bit excited to do this subject but as time goes by, it gets worse and worse. The amount of work you have to do, the incompetent people you have to deal with (not many, but 1 is more than enough) and the general ambiguity in some areas really gets you irritated.
Overall: 5/10; I guess when you think of it as a 12 credit point subject it's not TOO bad. The main things I am annoyed about are: the marking guideline and the tasks given are inconsistent with one another e.g. one book might say you have to do this but it actually isn't part of the marking criteria. There are NUMEROUS spelling, grammatical and puntuation mistakes that DO change meaning of things or make tasks not make any sense at all. It was clear that they just used a template and copy pasted it from previous sections/semesters because the marking criteria for the presentations had things we didn't do as tasks and they were things previous semester's students had to do. Another thing that is annoying is that your group can be either great or horrible depending on who you get. One person can make all the difference in the group.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A

EDIT: No thx

Last edited:

krayzie_

HSC

Subject Name: Cells, Genetics and Evolution
Subject Number: 91101
Faculty: Faculty of Science
Semester: Autumn 2007
Ease: 5/10. Times the assessments were overboard and times they were marked fairly. There are a few "online quizzes" which are done in your own time, however they have set it so hard that even if you have the whole resources of the net at your disposal you are unlikely to find the correct answer. Assessments came one after the other - FOR eg. we were fairly busy one week and guess what CGE had 2 assignments due the same week (our lecturer was away and crammed a 2 hour lecture into 1 an this lecture was the base of our assignment), quiz was due same week etc. Final exam was fine just know your past exam papers well
Lecturer: 8/10. First we had Mary Davey for Cells she was just horrible - she puts you to sleep literally. rambles on and on. Secondly we had Ken Brown for genetics, he was fine - well prepared for lectures very helpful. Third we had Fraser Torpy - this guy is the best of the three - you'll know when you have him/or if u've had him.
Tutor: 3/10 We had Kim Wilson - she is the most unreasonable marker ever! She knew her stuff however when she marks an assessment, two similar assessments get completely different marks eg. one person fails and the other person passes HD level? WTF?
Interest: 3/10. For me, it put me to sleep. I'm sure it wasn't just me, it was not the most desirable subject that I would be motivated to go to (but i had to OR else fail)
Overall: 6/10[/B] Good subject if you like the whole technical jargon crap. Honestly they had some good lecturers but the course structure was just not good. ZOMG - averages for six online quizzes were ALWAYS at the half way mark. Does that say something?

Subject Name: Statistical Design and Analysis
Subject Number: 33116
Faculty: Faculty of Science (School of Mathematics)
Ease: 7/10. At first I thought this subject was going to kill me however after buying the $50 dollar lecture notess and NOT using it I found it fairly easy. This subject may at first be very confusing but as semester goes on it gets really easy, well to me anyway. Just make sure you get the sample exams and do your lab assignments!
Lecturer: 8/10 Ed Lidums is an absolute genius when it comes to statistics and maths - He is the subject co-ordinator and his brain is like a calculator! I mean it he does NOT need a calculator for the majority of equations. However when lecturing he goes fast at times and speaks in a mono tone voice which may bore people.
Tutor/Lab demonstrator: /10 Same as above, he is ALWAYS willing to help you when you need it.
Interest: 3/10. Maths, statistics = boring
Overall: 7/10: Easy, minus the bad things - your Mid semester is worth 30% , Lab assignments worth 20%, Final worth 50%. I PWNED all of these assessments and now am waiting for my HD. My advice to you is do the Lab assignments and the two exams are EXACTLY the same format as the sample paper handed out a few weeks before hand

Last edited:

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

Subject Name: Mathematical Modelling for Science
Subject Number: 33190
Faculty: Faculty of Science (School of Mathematics)
Ease: 8/10. I found the course to be relatively easy, only because i did ext 1 maths in high school, which made it more as a revision based course for the first 6 weeks, before moving into the main areas it focuses on. The assessments were pretty straight forward, and with consistent study, D or even a HD is very doable in this case.
Lecturer: 9/10. We had Brian Stephenson as our maths lecturer and i thought he is one of the best lecturers ive had at UTS so far. He explains the concepts relatively clearly, but makes the lamest jokes
Tutor: /10 see above
Interest: 6/10. Seeing how most of the stuff is revision based, it does get a bit boring at times, but if youre a full maths nerd, then youll find most things interesting, like me :D
Overall: 8/10[/B] Good maths subject to begin your course with, although students that did general maths will often sttruggle here. Lecturer knows his stuff and the assessments are pretty straight forward. The final exam was surprisingly easy

Subject Name: Chemistry 1C
Subject Number: 65101
Faculty: Faculty of Science (School of Chemistry)
Ease: 7/10. I found this subject to be a lot easier and more straight forward than the chemistry subject i done back at UNSW. Assessments were pretty straight forward, comprising of mid sem exam, final exam and lab work.
Lecturer: 6/10 Rosemary Ward knows her chemistry. The fact that she was old school and pre written those notes onto the overhead made us actually learn more, but her ability to control the class absolutely fails
Tutor/Lab desmonstrator: 9/10 I had Christine Austin as my lab demonstrator, and although an honours student i believe, she would be able to help me with any queries and questions that i needed help with, and she always took time to go through the lab work each and every week
Interest: 7/10. If you like chemistry, then youll find this foundation course relatively enjoyable, and some topics they cover are interesting.
Overall: 7/10: The assessments were relatively straight forward, although you do need to study a bit more for the final exam in order to do relatively well. They also offer you a chem learning centre which is able to assist students with their inquiries. Overall i thought it was a decent subject to do, where the contents werent overly difficult to get.

Subject Name: Medical Science 1
Subject Number: 91701
Ease: 8.5/10. I found this subject to be relatively easy, in terms of difficulty and assessments. The assessment component comprises of best 3 out of 4 quiz worth 30%, assignment worth 20% and final exam worth 50%. The quizzes were easy if you actually did some study for it. I didnt study for the last quiz and yes it was hard but luckily that didnt count. The take home assignment was a piece of cake too. Some final exam questions were made from past tests which made it a whole lot easier if you actually tried them.
Lecturer: 9/10. I thought David van Reyk to be quite good. He knows his stuff and to me he explains them clearly with the stuff he teaches. He also helps out in the discussion boards which is also a plus.
Tamara Sztynda 1/10. Absolutely appalling. Doesnt explain concepts clearly and her slides are shit....full of images that we possible dont need
Worst lecturer ive encountered so far
Jennifer Wyndham 8/10. Although we only had her for one topic, i thought she was very good. Presentation slides were excellent and full of detail and she told us what was doing to be in the final exam, which was always a plus.
Tutor: 9/10. Forgot her name, but she was very outgoing, again explain concepts clearly and always went through the answers as a class section by section
Interest: 9/10. I thought it was an interesting subject, seeing that i didnt do biology in high school. The human body is definitely facinating to learn and i was privileged enough to be apart of it
Overall: 9/10. Very good subject. Organisation was good, assessments werent too overly difficult, couldnt ask for anymore really. Cant wait till i do med sci 2

Last edited:

LostAuzzie

HSC

Jemsta has already done my subjects but I might as well give a second opinion:

Subject Name: Chemistry 1C
Subject Number: 65101
Ease: 8/10, The first half of the course is revision of the HSC which is easy for anyone who has done it before. The second half of the course consists of some pretty difficult concepts which make the course a bit harder.
Lecturers:
Rosemary Ward: 7/10, She knew her stuff and came well prepared for the lecturers
Alison Beavis: 9/10, She was well prepared and very helpful (especially on the forums) and her lectures were more interesting
Tutor/Lab desmonstrator:
Michelle 8/10, she was generally willing to help out where required and easily approachable.
Interest: 9/10, I have a real passion for chemistry so even though a lot of the course was revision I still found it quite interesting.
Overall: 8/10 The subject is relatively well run and if you work hard (especially towards the end) you shouldnt have too many troubles.

Subject Name: Medical Science 1
Subject Number: 91701
Ease: 7/10, a lot of the course is just straight memorising which isnt everyones thing. But the course is very easy to pass (many of us could have missed the final exam and still passed).
Lecturers:
Dave Van Reyk: 10/10, he knew his stuff and presented it well. His lectures were always enjoyable and made the content very easy to understand
Jenny Wyndham: 8/10, she was good, gave us a good idea of what was important and what wasn's, explained concepts clearly.
Tutor/Lab desmonstrator:
Fatma 9/10, she was always willing to explain anything I didnt quite understand.
Interest: 9/10, the subject was entirely new to me and for the most part I found the content very enjoyable and interesting, expecially the lectures on the nervous system
Overall: 8/10, the subject is quite interesting and relatively easy to pass, the proper pracs were alright, especially the one where we dissected the brain.

Subject Name: Mathematical Modelling for Science
Subject Number: 33190
Ease: 9/10, most of the concepts werent to difficult and the assesment was fairly straight forward.
Lecturer:
Brian Stephenson: 8/10, great guy, jokes were really lame but made me laugh nonetheless. Explained the concepts quite clearly and made them easy to understand
Tutor/Lab desmonstrator: I had Brian Stephenson as my tutor as well
Interest: 7/10, I generally dont find maths interesting.
Overall: 8/10, With consistent work the subject is not to difficult

Edited due to reasons stated later in the thread.

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

LostAuzzie said:
Jemsta has already done my subjects but I might as well give a second opinion:
The more the better mate.

jemsta

I sit here alone
HSC

bahahahaha 0 for greg :D

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

First update on the PDF will be out within the next couple of days.

Edit: PDF added!

Last edited:

stears

Space Monkey
HSC

Subject Name: Power and Change in Australia
Subject Number: 50109
Faculty: Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
Semester: 1
Ease: 8/10
Lecturer: 9/10
Tutor: 9/10
Subject Coordinator: /10
Interest: 5/10
Overall: 8/10

Subject Name: Media Arts and Production 1
Subject Number: 50116
Semester: 1
Ease: 9/10
Subject Coordinator: 9/10
Interest: 10/10
Overall: /10

Subject Name: Cinematic Cultures
Subject Number: 50136
Semester: 3
Ease: 7/10
Lecturer: 5/10
Tutor: 6/10
Interest: 10/10

Subject Name: Japanese Language and Culture 1
Subject Number: 97201
Faculty: Faculty of International Studies
Semester: 3
Ease: 9/10
Interest: 8/10

Last edited:

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

Thanks stears.

PDF Last updated: Monday, 3rd September 2007.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A

guys, just letting you know that I've gotten in trouble for commentary I've made online about Uts staff despite my use of an alias ... I'd advise people to remove all references to a specific staff member that evaluates their talents or lack thereof since it apparently is searched with frequency.

stears

Space Monkey
HSC

Thanx for the advise, i wonder what happened

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A

stears said:
Thanx for the advise, i wonder what happened
I don't think I'm allowed to say - just avoid identifying your tutors ever if you wish to remain at university.

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC

kami said:
guys, just letting you know that I've gotten in trouble for commentary I've made online about Uts staff despite my use of an alias ... I'd advise people to remove all references to a specific staff member that evaluates their talents or lack thereof since it apparently is searched with frequency.
I didn't think opinion or the (proven) truth would be grounds for you getting into trouble. Just letting you know that I've removed the PDF- once I get the time I'll re-post it with all the edits.

I urge all of you to remove all references to UTS Staff. Although, I would like you to leave ratings such as the out of 10's about the course. It is useful for those who are going to undertake the subject.

kami

An iron homily
HSC
N/A

Huratio said:
I didn't think opinion or the (proven) truth would be grounds for you getting into trouble.
The code comes down to - if someone takes any offense then it is a breach of conduct if associated with any identifiers. The burden lies on the person feeling offense, not as to how it may be viewed by yourself or others. This gives incredible leeway in what can (and probably will) cause trouble for you.

So-net

HSC
回覆: The Official UTS Subject Reviews Thread + Searchable PDF

Oh....this is a great thread... I like this.....

Subject Name: Investment Analysis
Subject Number: 25503
Faculty: Faculty of Business, School of Finance and Economics
Semester: Spring, 2007
Ease: 7/10 "I presume that the higher the score the harder the course is....
Lecturer: Hardy Hulley 3/10....I have my eyes to read the slides... you don't have to read it through.....give me some explaination please.....
Tutor: David Tan 9/10, one of the best tutor that I've ever seen in my finance major subjects, extremly helpful, I guess he should take David Goldbaum position.
Subject Coordinator: David Goldbaum 4/10
Interest: 7/10 for the second part bonds is quite easy, 4/10 on the first part, Lagrange multipliers is the craziest thing that I've ever had.
Overall: 6/10

Subject Name:International Accounting
Subject Number:22240
Ease: 6/10
Lecturer: Brian Farrell 4/10
Tutor: Brian Farrell 4/10, Bias, he likes chicks more than dudes , I did prepare my things and ask him once, he just told me to go to discuss with my group, I paid for getting education from you guys not pay for discussing......But when one of my group member (chicks), ask him after class, smile and passion on his face.... OMG.....
Subject Coordinator: 4/10 Same staff
Interest: 7/10
Overall: 5/10

Subject Name:Asian-Australian Economics Relations
Subject Number:25304
Faculty: Faculty of Business (School of Finance and Economics)
Ease: 6.5/10
Lecturer: Len Perry 5/10 boring lecture....
Tutor: Edward.... forgot his surname....nice guy...7/10
Subject Coordinator: 5/10 Len Perry
Interest: 6/10

Subject Name:International Business
Subject Number:21228
Faculty: Faculty of Business (School of Management)
Ease: 5/10
Lecturer: Neil Barnwell 7/10
Tutor: Same as lecturer....pretty interesting subjects....give relevant examples.... but I should get 3 more points for my class marks.... he just lost one of my homework....I have my records... but he just ignore it.......this is the only thing that really disapoint me ....
Subject Coordinator: 7/10 Neil Barnwell

Subject Name:International Management
Subject Number:21591
Semester: Autumn, 2006
Ease: 4/10
Lecturer: 8/10 I forgot her name....I just remember she had a black and curly hair....
Tutor: 7/10 same as above
Subject Coordinator: dunno

Subject Name:Employment Relations in the Global Context
Subject Number:21306
Ease: 4/10 the hardest part in this course is the mid-semester exam and the report....
Lecturer: 8/10 Stephen Kelly... really nice guy... and given supportive feedback to me......
Tutor: 8/10 same as above...
Subject Coordinator: Robyn Johns 8/10 meet her once....cos I enroll in this subjects in week 2....then I turn to her and she explain what they did in the first 2 weeks.....
Overall: 8.5/10

Subject Name:International Financial Management
Subject Number:25421
Semester: Autumn, 2007 and Spring, 2006
Lecturer: 6/10 Helen bendall (Autumn 2007 onwards)....good explain but really tough marker.... 4/10 Wing Bui (Spring 2006).... thanks for her damn good explaination ... I fail this subject..............
Tutor: Same as above....
Subject Coordinator: Same as above
Overall: 5.5/10

Subject Name:Quantitative Business Analysis
Subject Number:25622
Ease: 7/10
Lecturer: 3/10 Hardy Hulley check 25503 Investment Analysis for comment
Tutor: Harry tse 9.5/10... Great explaination..... leading us to know how to calculate .....great respond to students questions......
Subject Coordinator: Same as lecturer
Interest: 6/10

Subject Name:Macroeconomics: Theory and Applications
Subject Number:25555
Lecturer: Harry Tse 9.5/10.....one of the best lecturer/tutor I've ever seen... other comment....check 25622 Quantitative Business Analysis (Tutor)
Tutor: same as lecturer
Subject Coordinator: Peter Docherty never met him... can't rank....
Overall: 6.5/10

Subject Name:Corporate Finance: Theory and Practice
Subject Number:25557
Ease: 9/10 Tough assignment, tough marker and tough final exam....
Lecturer: Keith Chan 6.5/10 Tough marker.....great explaination.......his tone of voice is funny....
Tutor: Same as above

Subject Name:The Financial System
Subject Number:25556
Ease: 5/10
Lecturer: Chris Terry 7/10
Tutor: Same as above

Huratio

Moderator - UTS
HSC
Re: 回覆: The Official UTS Subject Reviews Thread + Searchable PDF

I'll try to get the PDF up and running again after my exams are completed.

Edit: PDF removed until further notice.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)