Uow 2010 (1 Viewer)

spazamataz

HSC
Well i thought i would start a thread for new people next year with people knowing the result of their conditional offers as well as guaranteed offers!

I have decided (at this stage) I'm going to study Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Commerce, and will hopefully be staying at Campus East.

Anyone else?

Von-Dyke

HSC
I'll be studying Medical and Radiation Physics (Guaranteed, Advanced if i get the atar which looks good at this point), and i've accepted residency at Weerona

freydee

HSC
I too am planning to study Bachelor of Communication and Media Studies/Bachelor of Commerce. :)

I only live about half an hour south of Wollongong campus though, so I'm just going to commute each day for the first year, and hopefully live on campus in 2011.

spazamataz

HSC
Is anyone else coming from heaps far away?
One of my friends was coming as well but now they aren't so i'm a loaner :( lol

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Half of this university seems to be from Bathurst/Orange and the other half is from Canberra...
In my group of uni friends, I'm the only person from the Illawarra, everyone else is from Canberra except my boyfriend who is from Bathurst/Orange. What is this!?

spazamataz

HSC
Half of this university seems to be from Bathurst/Orange and the other half is from Canberra...
In my group of uni friends, I'm the only person from the Illawarra, everyone else is from Canberra except my boyfriend who is from Bathurst/Orange. What is this!?
Lol well im coming from between Canberra and Bathurst/Orange!

mat-thew

HSC
Hello, I got guaranteed entry to Nuclear Science and Technology in the engineering faculty as well as an offer to Weerona. I live just 1 hour south of UOW. Hope to see you all there next year.

Nightsarah

HSC
It looks like I'll be attending the Bachelor of Creative Arts, Deans Scholar. I live in Sydney but depending on my timetable I will most likely move down there (during weekdays at least). Congrats all :)

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
It looks like I'll be attending the Bachelor of Creative Arts, Deans Scholar. I live in Sydney but depending on my timetable I will most likely move down there (during weekdays at least).
Expect your timetable to be hectic. You'll probably have around 30 contact hours a week. Compare that to something like Commerce, which has around 16 hours per week, and you see what I mean.

Nightsarah

HSC
Sheesh. Thanks for the heads up (yet again :D)
Do you know anything else about the Dean's Scholar program?
Are the people nice in it? How does it work?

Nightsarah

HSC
Expect your timetable to be hectic. You'll probably have around 30 contact hours a week. Compare that to something like Commerce, which has around 16 hours per week, and you see what I mean.
And what did you mean by "contact"? Does that mean there'd be extra?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
I don't really know too much about it. We've got two people in my year who are doing it, and they seem to be enjoying it. That's all I've really got to go by though.

And what did you mean by "contact"? Does that mean there'd be extra?
Contact hours are basically the hours that you have classes on. In Creative Arts, you are expected to attend them all. Hence, 30 hours or so of classes.
Compare to commerce, which has around 16 contact hours, and even then, lectures aren't compulsory. In performance, you have 1 real lecture, and you really don't want to be missing it.

Extra hours beyond this are more common just before the shows open. However, during most of the semester, your classes are really all that you have to attend. Besides the parties which are always going on. Make an effort to go to them :D

pman

Banned
HSC
I'll be studying Medical and Radiation Physics (Guaranteed, Advanced if i get the atar which looks good at this point), and i've accepted residency at Weerona
this, and I will point out that there is no "and" in the title

Josie

Everything's perfect!
HSC
Sheesh. Thanks for the heads up (yet again :D)
Do you know anything else about the Dean's Scholar program?
Are the people nice in it? How does it work?
I tried to give some intelligent sounding answers to that question http://community.boredofstudies.org...gong/226016/deans-scholars-creative-arts.html here, which is an approximation because I'm in the Arts DS, not Creative Arts.

Alternatively, you'll probably meet a few CA DS' during Orientation, cause I know Arts likes to drag us out for anything relatively official-sounding to do with new students.

And I'm sure they'll be nice. Most CA people I know are :)

JesseMatheson

HSC
I got guaranteed offer for Journalism BUT my ATAR was shit so im not sure if they are going to withdraw the offer or not (but I doubt they will... I find out today..)
Ill be commuting from the shire but I will not be enjoying it.. ill probs move out at one point..

Nightsarah

HSC
I tried to give some intelligent sounding answers to that question http://community.boredofstudies.org...gong/226016/deans-scholars-creative-arts.html here, which is an approximation because I'm in the Arts DS, not Creative Arts.

Alternatively, you'll probably meet a few CA DS' during Orientation, cause I know Arts likes to drag us out for anything relatively official-sounding to do with new students.

And I'm sure they'll be nice. Most CA people I know are :)

Oh yes I had already taken a look at that - thanks for sharing :D
How do the subjects work with being a Deans Scholar? Do you have to meet up with them in person to choose your subjects before starting? Do you have any special classes or anything as a group?
Anything else you can tell me that is different from the normal degree?

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A
How do the subjects work with being a Deans Scholar?
Partial Answer:
You will have to do 3 subjects from Performance. That is mandatory to continue through the course. The fourth subject will be creative writing.

marcquelle

a.k.a. Michael...Hi!
HSC
B. Nursing, and be doing it at Shoalhaven Campus (as it is only 30 mins away and cheaper for me to go to so i can save for later years :D ) for my first year, then move up for second and thrid year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)