Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617
Like Tree62Likes

Thread: 2018ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread

HSC

Re: 2018ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by Learn1 View Post
    Is it better to study with music or without music?
    Music
    HSC 2018- Mathematics, Mathematics Extension 1, English Advanced, English Extension 1, Geography, Business Studies, Economics

HSC

Depends on the subject, but I'd say with music

I find music with no lyrics is a lot better though, since it acts as background noise and causes less distraction
    HSC 2018: Advanced English, 2U Math, Legal Studies, Society and Culture, Visual Arts

ATAR Goal: 96+

HSC

Half of my exams done woop woop
    Not gonna bother with physics since I'm dropping it. Its two hours tho and I'm pretty sure we haven't even learnt that much content so idk what I'm gonna do that whole time
    Other than that I've just got 2 and 3 unit math and legal studies left
    I wanna study super hard for legal tho since I've got a 100% streak going on

Speaking of, how hard would it be to get a state ranking in legal studies? I wanna aim for it but not if its ridiculously hard
    HSC 2018: Advanced English, 2U Math, Legal Studies, Society and Culture, Visual Arts

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Frostguard View Post
    You're a god
    Mine was weird because it was out of 50, 25% all together, Belonging, Short Answers (15 mk) and Creative (also 15mk) was 5% but at 30 marks (lol???) and Module C was 20% at 20 marks. Essentially the entire cohort started the essay first and some spent so much time on Module C they didn't even bother attempting the creative, which is 15 marks but only worth 2.5%, that's why I was kinda bummed out because I at least wanted to attempt all sections but looking back I should've spent more time on my Mod C essay.....
    Ours was out of 50 as well. 15 Reading- Journeys. 15 Writing- Journeys. And then a mock Mod B out of 20.
    HSC 2018- Mathematics, Mathematics Extension 1, English Advanced, English Extension 1, Geography, Business Studies, Economics

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by HoldingOn View Post
    Advanced was my best haha got 100
    Teach me ur ways pls

In all seriousness that is amazing. How does one get a 100 in Adv English?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by spaghettii View Post
    Teach me ur ways pls

In all seriousness that is amazing. How does one get a 100 in Adv English?
    Thanks. I just memorise my stuff

HSC

Thanks. I just memorise my stuff
    Damn, I better start getting better at memorising then

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Frostguard View Post
    I think that's up to you, personally I don't listen to music because I find it distracting, I just study in complete silence lol
    Hahaha ok thanks yeah I'm a bit torn.

HSC

Depends on the subject, but I'd say with music

I find music with no lyrics is a lot better though, since it acts as background noise and causes less distraction
    That's probably a good idea actually cause I get a song stuck in my head and then I can't focus on anything else.

HSC

I generally don't study with music. But when I do, it isn't exactly music. I literally just go to youtube and pop up a two hour video of raindrops. I find it calming idk.

HSC

soundtracks are the best imo

HSC

OMG Prelims are finally over. I have never felt so free. But I feel weird not preparing or studying for a subject. How about you guys? Is today your last day or is it next week?

Cadet
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by comic_freak View Post
    OMG Prelims are finally over. I have never felt so free. But I feel weird not preparing or studying for a subject. How about you guys? Is today your last day or is it next week?
    My last exam is next Monday, English Extension x.x

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    Preliminary 2017; Advanced English | English Extension 1 | Mathematics | Legal Studies | Economics | Biology | Multimedia
    ATAR Aim; 95

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Lumenoria View Post

Oooh Good Luck!

HSC

Do you rote learn English Extension? Like, prepare a creative in advance and adapt it to the stimulus?

Good luck, by the way!
    Prelims 2017

English Advanced | English Extension 1 | Biology | Business Studies | Modern History | Legal Studies | Music 2

HSC 2018

English Advanced | English Extension 1 | English Extension 2 | Modern History | Legal Studies | Music 2

ATAR Aim: 98.50

Cadet
    HSC

2018ers Preliminary Chit Chat Thread

Quote Originally Posted by kendallkreene View Post
    Do you rote learn English Extension? Like, prepare a creative in advance and adapt it to the stimulus?

Good luck, by the way!
    Aw thankyou! And yeah I do, I have really bad mental blanks with it if I don't prepare—my creatives turn to literal shit. I can do essays on the spot if need be, but definitely not creative hahha. Even the idea of having to adapt to the stimulus puts on edge lol, I've thought about some possibilities and I know for a fact some of them simply wouldn't work with my story, so I'm kinda praying for myself lol. Plus, my creatives usually equivocate between 800-950 words so it only usually takes me 30-ish minutes to write out with something prepared, leaving me with heaps of time for the essay. Whereas, if I didn't prepare, it would probably take me triple that amount hahahahaha. I'll probably fail either way though; I only just finished the roughest essay draft today which I wont even be able to hand in to my teacher—I have never been so unprepared for an essay in my life. Therefore, I'll probably lose my rank haha... fuck

Last edited by Lumenoria; 16 Sep 2017 at 11:20 AM.
    Preliminary 2017; Advanced English | English Extension 1 | Mathematics | Legal Studies | Economics | Biology | Multimedia
    ATAR Aim; 95

HSC

Aw thankyou! And yeah I do, I have really bad mental blanks with it if I don't prepare—my creatives turn to literal shit. I can do essays on the spot if need be, but definitely not creative hahha. Even the idea of having to adapt to the stimulus puts on edge lol, I've thought about some possibilities and I know for a fact some of them simply wouldn't work with my story, so I'm kinda praying for myself lol. Plus, my creatives usually equivocate between 800-950 words so it only usually takes me 30-ish minutes to write out with something prepared, leaving me with heaps of time for the essay. Whereas, if I didn't prepare, it would probably take me triple that amount hahahahaha. I'll probably fail either way though; I only just finished the roughest essay draft today which I wont even be able to hand in to my teacher—I have never been so unprepared for an essay in my life. Therefore, I'll probably lose my rank haha... fuck

I had my English Ext. exam today. I find it fairly easy to improvise on the spot, which is what I did. Also, my teacher didn't like the dark ending to my prepared story, and I wasn't bothered to change it, so I just trashed it and winged one on the spot with the help of the stimulus and my own twisted imagination.

At my old school, I winded up getting 100% for all my creatives just by winging them on the day. But it seems like prepared stories are the custom at this school/and/or/Year 11. So, don't know how I'll go, considering that everyone used a prepared story. I mean, if I don't do well, then I'll just prepare a story next time, although I can't help but feel that memorising creatives stifles my creative "flow".

Anyway, I'm sure you did fine, though! Ranks are no big deal, they reset in Year 12.
    Prelims 2017

English Advanced | English Extension 1 | Biology | Business Studies | Modern History | Legal Studies | Music 2

HSC 2018

English Advanced | English Extension 1 | English Extension 2 | Modern History | Legal Studies | Music 2

HSC

I have an exam in less than 4 hours. Did not study very effectively and consistently throughout the term, so this is my first time in my entire high school life that I am cramming the night and morning before an exam. I'll be happy to pull a solid 80, but i'll tell y'all how it goes

It just seems better to cram in Year 11 than 12, plus I just want to test my short-term memory. It's not like it's the prelims :P
    It's not like it's the prelims :P
    It's not like
    it's
    the prelims :P

Yet here I am, cramming for the prelims.

GOSHDARNITT KENDALL
    Frostguard and spaghettii like this.
    Prelims 2017

HSC 2018

Cadet
    HSC

I had my English Ext. exam today. I find it fairly easy to improvise on the spot, which is what I did. Also, my teacher didn't like the dark ending to my prepared story, and I wasn't bothered to change it, so I just trashed it and winged one on the spot with the help of the stimulus and my own twisted imagination.

At my old school, I winded up getting 100% for all my creatives just by winging them on the day. But it seems like prepared stories are the custom at this school/and/or/Year 11. So, don't know how I'll go, considering that everyone used a prepared story. I mean, if I don't do well, then I'll just prepare a story next time, although I can't help but feel that memorising creatives stifles my creative "flow".

Anyway, I'm sure you did fine, though! Ranks are no big deal, they reset in Year 12.
    Oh god nopee, I'm the opposite—I've gotten full marks before for winging essay on the spot, but creative is a definite no no. I've literally devoid of that "creative flow", nothing comes to my brain! Hahaha well given that you have an abundance of creative juices in your brain, I'm sure you did absolutely fine! God, I'm cramming so hard right now.. and I know they reset, but I'd rather not see it drop after working so hard towards it hahhahahha. Plus, if my English Ext rank is good, I can use it to "appeal" for my place in Advanced if I don't make the top 40 cut hahahah

ATAR Aim; 95

HSC

Just winged my mathematics exam today and I haven't started studying for legal which is tomorrow. I've lost all motivation to study I just want the term to be over haha OTL
    kendallkreene likes this.

HSC

I've lost all motivation to study I just want the term to be over haha OTL
    I feel that way too!
    Prelims 2017

HSC 2018

HSC

How much preparation is everyone planning to do these holidays?

Cadet
    HSC

I plan on teaching myself the whole HSC 2 unit maths course.
    Preliminary 2017: //English Standard//Maths Extension 1//Physics//Chemistry//Design & Technology//IDTVET//

HSC 2018: //English Standard//Maths Extension 1//Maths Extension 2//Physics//Chemistry//

ATAR Aim: 95+

HSC

I'd recommend learning the first module for some of your subjects, read english text (POSSIBLY start creative/ideas) which is basically what I did last year and it helped immensely as the first assessments are usually 25%!!
    2016 HSC (Accelerated)
    // 2 Unit Maths // Studies of Religion 1 //

2017 HSC
    // Biology // Physics // Maths Extension 1 // Maths Extension 2 // English Advanced //

HSC

Heh probably none
    Nah I'll try get ahead with my first english module and start brainstorming ideas for my society and vis arts majors, but I have to catch up in my other subjects because my whole grade is behind in math and I have a bunch of legal homework to do. Realistically I'm not gonna get half of this done, but I can try (and fail miserably lmao)

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread Information