1st year timetables (1 Viewer)

kittycat552

i was just wondering if anyone has a really bad timetable for 1st year 2005 - i have every day and what seems like many hours each day in semester 1. then in semester 2 i appear to have less contact hours. wtf?

and when do we put in preferences for which tut/lecture time and date we want... and when will we receive the formal timetable (o week maybe?)... so many questions!

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
ok
1. my first year sem 1 timetable was horrible, i had the dumb idea to try and pack it in attempting a day off (havnt had one yet)
2. yes usually less contact hours, 1st sem is tough to try and trim dead weight
3. tutes/labs usually open in after the first lecture however some are already open(not many)
4. there is no formal timetable just what you form for yourself, lectures are set times, tutes and labs have choices(some larger subjects have lecture options)

kittycat552

B Nutrition & Dietetics 2005...

Semester 1 : 24 contact hours

Semester 2 : 16 1/2 contact hours

WTF?

thanks hamo

HSC
Tiney- im screwed too- i have no ideas what to expect and my time table is packed, and I dunno when Im gonna have time for tutorials :(
and im worried about the essay writing with all the referancing crap.. arg! too hard

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
tiney225 said:
B Nutrition & Dietetics 2005...

Semester 1 : 24 contact hours

Semester 2 : 16 1/2 contact hours

WTF?
I don't know about Nutrition and Dietetics but certain courses have more contact hours, which would result in that sort of disparity. For example this semester for environmental values and ethics I only have 2 contact hours each week, compared to microeconomics in which I have 4.

Last edited:

agent_angel

HSC
hey guys atr the timetables for courses in 2005 the ones that we can now dowload off the newe uni website? or r they ones from 2004 (ps dont mean to insult uni techies if the are this yrs timetables... its just that i no these sites can get a bit outdated lol) ta for the help

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
agent_angel said:
hey guys atr the timetables for courses in 2005 the ones that we can now dowload off the newe uni website? or r they ones from 2004 (ps dont mean to insult uni techies if the are this yrs timetables... its just that i no these sites can get a bit outdated lol) ta for the help

2005 timetables are available

thanks hamo said:
Tiney- im screwed too- i have no ideas what to expect and my time table is packed, and I dunno when Im gonna have time for tutorials
and im worried about the essay writing with all the referancing crap.. arg! too hard
i find it hard to believe you dont have time for tutes, uni is 5 days from 8am-10pm

there are essay writing tutes in o week you can attend, plus the library tour

Last edited:

jumb

mr jumb
HSC
mrbassman said:
there are essay writing tutes in o week you can attend, plus the library tour
You make O week sound so boring. Where are the beer and bitches?

mrbassman

0.38 posts per day...meh
HSC
jumb said:
You make O week sound so boring. Where are the beer and bitches?
beer = everywhere, all activities are doable pissed

mizz_smee

has a fetish 4 handcuffs
HSC
is it best to go every day to the uni during o week?

and how do we tell the uni what time lecture/tutorials we want?

and is it wise to have all lectures one day and all tutorials another?
coz that is basically the way mine turned out

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
mizz_smee said:
is it best to go every day to the uni during o week?

and how do we tell the uni what time lecture/tutorials we want?

and is it wise to have all lectures one day and all tutorials another?
coz that is basically the way mine turned out
Check out the O week program, which can be found here-:
http://www.newcastle.edu.au/study/orientation/index.html
There are specific events that will suit you.
For tutorial registration go to this site-:
http://www.newcastle.edu.au/intranet/student/index.html
From there, under 'Academic Programs' you should see 'Registration System'. By logging on and selecting the school applicable to your courses, you'll be able to enrol for your tutorials. That is when they become available.
For lectures, you don’t have to tell the university. You simply show up at the one that suits you the most. There is no 'roll call' as such.

kittycat552

aren't the lectures at designated times and you have to attend all of them? sorry, i'm rather (well, very) clueless

for example, where it says LECTURE: Monday 13:00-15:00
OR LECTURE Wednesday 14:00-15:00

does this mean that both lectures will run and that you can attend either of them, depending on what suits you?

Also, where it says AND TUTORIAL Monday... Biomedical Gp 1...
OR Wednesday...... Nutrition tuts wk 2,3,4,9,10.......

can i attend any tutorial or do you have to be with people doing the same course as u, i.e. nutrition rather than biomedical science

my msg is probably indecipherable, sorry

Craig

there goes my hero
HSC
tiney225 said:
aren't the lectures at designated times and you have to attend all of them? sorry, i'm rather (well, very) clueless

for example, where it says LECTURE: Monday 13:00-15:00
OR LECTURE Wednesday 14:00-15:00

does this mean that both lectures will run and that you can attend either of them, depending on what suits you?

Also, where it says AND TUTORIAL Monday... Biomedical Gp 1...
OR Wednesday...... Nutrition tuts wk 2,3,4,9,10.......

can i attend any tutorial or do you have to be with people doing the same course as u, i.e. nutrition rather than biomedical science
First Question- The lectures are at designated times and even though it is highly recommended that you attend your lecture, they are not compulsory. In many of your lectures you will find there will be a large amount of students, resulting in the university not enforcing student’s attendance. It's mainly up to you to go.

Second Question- Yes both lectures will run. You simply go to the one that is at the best time for you.

Question Three- Yes you can attend any tutorial. You will find students from other degrees in some of your tutorials. This isn’t really significant, as all of you are still attempting to learn the same subject. There would be no difference in the tutorial, as the university will not distinguish between nutrition and biomedical students.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)