girls doing physics (1 Viewer)

SeDaTeD

HSC
In my class there are 3 girls, although there are more in the other classes, I think. There's about 10 or so boys.

bevstarrunner

Maths Nut
HSC
I go to an all guys school, so out of about the 110 in the grade who did physics, there were about 2 girls...</joke>

Libby

HSC
N/A
Yeah to start with, there was about 15 guys and 3 girls but it dropped off a little but still more guys than girls

aloquacious

HSC
N/A
ha! in my class there's something like 20+ guys and me and another chick :p

tennille

HSC
At my school, we had 5 girls and 35 boys doing physics. Exactly 1 : 7 ratio. Of course, there were 2 physics classes, and I was the only girl in my class :mad:

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
The State Number as of September 1 was:

Females: 2688
Males: 7569

A ratio close to 1:3

fush

HSC
my school had 4 girls i think that did physics, the other 20 or so were guys

tennille

HSC
why exactly is it not really liked by girls? Maybe because of motors and generators stuff as well as the transistor crap. Too guyish...lol. I hate computers and their little components *shakes fist*

chantellet

HSC
Tennille said:
why exactly is it not really liked by girls? Maybe because of motors and generators stuff as well as the transistor crap. Too guyish...lol. I hate computers and their little components *shakes fist*
I think it's because the sciences have always been male dominated and since physics is one of the hardest they just don't encourage girls to do it.. Cos cmon its not exactly a *fun* subject. And the people who are mostly interested in this kind of stuff are guys. Also maybe people still unconciously have the idea that males are better than females and thats what comes into it.. meh i dunno but theres my theory on it

tennille

HSC
Yeah true. Einstein, Planck, Newton...all males. There's only one female who impacted on science and that's that Henrietta Levitt chick who discovered the realtionship between the period- luminosity graph and distance of stars. Very male dominated.

tennille

HSC
I reckon...hahaha. I'm going to be the next Einstein.

Z= GT^2. I made a new equation. I feel special now!!! :p

Xayma

Lacking creativity
HSC
N/A
Actually what about Meitner I think they were female. Oh well one of the ones who were important in fission were female.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)