girls doing physics (1 Viewer)

tennille

HSC
Is that is Quanta to Quarks? Still, a very low ratio of women to men. LOL.

TripleJ

HSC
Yeah we had fuck all girls. I think there were 3 out of about 40 people - none in our class.

I got screwed over this year.

2 of my classes had absolutely no girls at all.

TripleJ

HSC
Yeah we had fuck all girls. I think there were 3 out of about 40 people - none in our class.

I got screwed over this year.

2 of my classes had absolutely no girls at all.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
We got no girls...maybe its because i am in a ALL BOYS SCHOOL.

acmilan

I'll stab ya
HSC
N/A
Xayma said:
Actually what about Meitner I think they were female. Oh well one of the ones who were important in fission were female.
You also have Franklin who used X-Ray crystallography on DNA. Without her work they wouldnt have discovered the structure of DNA. Thats a bit of biology mixed with physics

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
acmilan said:
You also have Franklin who used X-Ray crystallography on DNA. Without her work they wouldnt have discovered the structure of DNA. Thats a bit of biology mixed with physics
ahhhh bloody franklin/watson/crick debate

*shudders*

TimeAndTide

Kage Bunshin No Jutsu
HSC
bevstarrunner said:
I go to an all guys school, so out of about the 110 in the grade who did physics, there were about 2 girls...</joke>
I don't get it.

At Mac Fields, we have 1:2 (2 being males). But at the good schools like Ruse, i predict that its 1:1 or similar.

d_elmo

HSC
well i go to an all girls school and theres 8 ppl in my class

~*HSC 4 life*~

HSC
N/A
at my (all girls) schoool we had 2 classes for phsyics, so thats about 50 students, not bad at all :D

tinuviel

I go to a girls school and there is only 17 of us- but some of them are real geniuses :rolleyes:

tinuviel

I go to a girl's school and there are 17 of us. But there are some real geniuses in there who are capable of getting near the top of the state :rolleyes:

Lallie

7 guys:2 girls
our previous physics teacher told the other girl in the class and i that the board "dumbed down" the physics course to make it easier for girls, and that girls aren't very good at physics...we weren't too happy about that so we proceeded to top the class for the rest of the course. that shut him up.

zahid

Sheikh Mujib-ur-Rahman
HSC
whats more surprising to me is how small some of these classes are...ppl just dont like physics i guess. BUT I DO :p

rumour

HSC
I go to an all girls- 9 girls & 1 boy, we share a hall with the school next door, so there were about the same number of boys, maybe slightly more boys!!!!

veridis

droog
HSC
damn these small classes. i got about 25 in mine. can count 9 girls in that but may have forgotton some.
girls seem to do better in short response q's but our best long response answers were from guys and prac exam was dominated by guys. then again with an average of 62% for that exam killing it wasnt too hard(90% here =) too bad i only got 4% above avg for written

TripleJ

HSC
Tennille said:
Only one female who impacted on science
Excuse me?

Marie Curie, Emmy Noether (ok more a mathematician but her theories are very relevant in physics), Hodgken, Herschel, Franklin, Goeppert-Mayer, McClintock?

There are many others. Ok they are definitely a minority but one female is a bit outrageous.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)