girls doing physics (1 Viewer)

Jago

el oh el donkaments
HSC
my class is pretty even.

JumboKHS

HSC
All science related courses are dominated by males in my school, my grade has aprox 30 males and 5 females doing physics, 20 males and 6 females in chemistry, 8 males and 0 females in engineering studies.
I dont think it has to do with brain power or the level of difficulty of the subjects, i think that females just lack the urge to want to understand why/how something works, which is what the science courses all are about, thus they might find the science subjects extreemly boring and stay clear from them in subject sellection. Well at least my sister is like that, she dropped physics because she found it boring :p

Not Too Bright

i go to all boys school but some classes have girls from the girls school next door

10:0 ratio

according board of studies

Boys Girls Total
7391 2656 10047

approx2.782:1

HSC
in yr 11 it was just me with 7 guys (all other girls were put in the other class, with like 4 girls in class of 20) but now there's 2 extra girls in my class. It's funny coz i usually beat the boys so i think they're kinda intimidated...*sits state of bliss* :p Besides the exception of a handful of guys, our girls are pretty much all over them. Girl power to the people.

BrenKHS

HSC
JumboKHS said:
All science related courses are dominated by males in my school, my grade has aprox 30 males and 5 females doing physics, 20 males and 6 females in chemistry, 8 males and 0 females in engineering studies.
I dont think it has to do with brain power or the level of difficulty of the subjects, i think that females just lack the urge to want to understand why/how something works, which is what the science courses all are about, thus they might find the science subjects extreemly boring and stay clear from them in subject sellection. Well at least my sister is like that, she dropped physics because she found it boring :p
Yeh but there arent actually that many girls in our year. Its around 2/3 guys from memory. But the physics/chem classes are more than 2/3 boys anyway.

I dont think girls find physics or chemistry interesting, they dont lack brain power or anything like that. The top students for all my subjects (including phys, chem) are girls.

One thing ive noticed is that girls DOMINATE the top english classes. I think there are 5 guys in advanced english, while there are 20 girls. There were 3 guys to 9 girls in English Extension.

fi_babezy

Stealing is Looking
HSC
At our school, from what i see girls dominate pretty much all the subjects :D, i.e. the guys get owned

:p :p for any boys from my school reading this mwahahaha

M-turkey

Zoom Zoom
HSC
My best Friend is a girl doing Physics.

I can actually say that a quarter of my Physics class are girls.

Although there are only 4 people in my Physics class :p

Will Hunting

HSC
There are 12 lads to 10 girls in mine! Seems like the rest of you have some serious gender equality issues to address... :p 'Cept Jago and HSC Sucksss - liberate on dudes!

Last edited:

richz

lmao i think girls should be more interested in this subject this new syllabus is girl's bread and butter

lfc_reds2003

Girls can't do physics

its a MAN's subject need big ... to do it

lol

j/k girls have better articulation apparently.... since course now theory...

HSC
our sausage fest class of 11 boys

Teacher is female though..Other class has about 7 or 8 girls

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)