"Alcohol comsumption may lower the risk of developing kidney cancer" (1 Viewer)

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
I was reading 'The Epoch Times' (August29-September 4, 2007) and i came across this article in the health section page 9

.. according to a repost in the British Journal of Cancer.

The study involved 885 subjects with kidney cancer and 1204 "controls" without cancer. They reported their alcohol consumption in terms of standard portion sizes- a glass of beer being 200mL, a glass of wine being 100mL and a glass of strong wine or hard liquor equal to 40mL.

The team found that the odds of developing kidney cancer cells were about 40% lower among thoose who consumed 620g ethanol per month compared to thoose who did not drink at all.

Drinking more that two glass of red wine per week was associated with a 40% reduction in kidney cell cancer risk compared with drinking no red wine.
"A reduced risk associated with the consumption of wine and beer might be due to the phenolics they contain, as theese posses antioxidant, and antimutagenic properties." the author speculates

LETS ALL GO TO THE PUB AND REDUCE OUR RISK OF KINDEY CANCER!!!

pattii

condom endorser
HSC
15 drinks a week could keep me stumbling, and acting ridiculously immature the whole week through.

HSC
what, a little over 2 standards every day would do that to you?

pattii said:
I was reading 'The Epoch Times' (August29-September 4, 2007) and i came across this article in the health section page 9

lol kindey cancer.

beentherdunthat

HSC
pattii said:
I

Red wine is good for your heart. You might want to overdose on that as well ;).

How ironic. :p

Snaykew

:)
HSC
N/A
pattii said:
=], i'm a lightweight but i like my spirts
Two shots of spirits won't make you stumble around. o_O I'm a lightweight too and 2 shots will most certainly not make you intoxicated. Yes, you might loosen up your attitude, but you won't fall over or act immature (unless you already do :p).

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
correlation doesn't equal causation

Dumsum

has a large Member;
HSC
jb_nc said:
correlation doesn't equal causation
Our society thrives on inductive reasoning. Statistics seems to be all about making conclusions from correlations. I agree it's illogical but that doesn't mean it's not useful.

DeathB4Life

Bánned
HSC
injecting your veins with poison reduces your chances of dying in a car accident.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)