private school girl from strathfield murdered... by her older sister (1 Viewer)

aussie-boy

HSC
SUSAN WORRALL had only a few weeks before she could put down her pens and be finished with high school.

The year 12 student at the Methodist Ladies College in Burwood had been studying for the November exams of the International Baccalaureate, an internationally recognised high school diploma.

But today she is dead, stabbed to death by her older sister at their Strathfield family home, police allege.

Emergency services were called to the single-storey Federation home on Mosley Street about 11.30am, where they found Susan, dead from at least one knife wound to the neck. Her 20-year-old sister Kathleen, an MLC graduate, was arrested when police discovered her sister's body.

She was taken to Burwood police station and questioned until late afternoon.

The girls' parents, John and Maureen, also spent the afternoon at Burwood police station being counselled by officers.

The acting principal of the Burwood girls' school, Di Cottrill-Dormer, said she would not comment on the death.

"It's in the hands of the police [and] it's inappropriate for me to be saying anything at the moment," she said.

Yesterday afternoon families near the Worralls' house expressed their shock at the almost unthinkable crime.

A neighbour, Laval, 46, said he saw the family quite often, but rarely spoke to them.

"They seemed to be very nice people. I see the father from time to time mowing the grass," he said. "It's terrible … it's hard to believe that something happened here, it's hard to imagine."

Another neighbour, Leon, said the first he knew of the murder was when he walked outside his house and realised he was inside a taped-off crime scene.

"We don't know the circumstances. I didn't hear any loud arguments. This is a surprise.

"I've been living here a long time … nowadays anything can happen - people blow their top too easily."

Another resident, whose house was just outside the police tape, said she was stunned at the gruesome incident .

"I'm shocked, I'm shocked," she said.

"I think the [older sister] finished school already - she was a really bright girl.

"I wonder if the mother is working … I see the mother coming home from work when we go for a walk."

The Worralls had lived at the house for at least five years, she said.

On her MySpace page, Susan described her love of comedy shows and crime mysteries.

"When I was young I was obsessed with Sherlock Holmes."

She loved sailing, riding her bike, bushwalking and rock climbing. She was studying maths, physics, economics, history, English and Indonesian for her baccalaureate.

In a questionnaire on her page she is asked what she regrets most: "Not spending enough time with loved ones," she writes.

On the same page, she describes how she wanted to join the animal rescue group WIRES.

"My mother and sister are already members and have rescued several animals," she wrote.
-----------------------------------------

pissedoff

HSC
N/A
Susan was one of the most beautiful people you could ever meet and my best friend when I was in MLC.

Her mum used to always pack her these delicious biscuits and no matter how hungry she was, she always gave me half. That's the type of girl she was, always thinking of others and putting them before her.

Her sister, Kathleen was also an amazing girl and when she smiled, the world smiled with her. She must have developed mental health issues because these sisters meant the world to each other and rightfully so.

The disbelief and shock I'm experiencing is nothing compared to what their parents must be undergoing, I just hope that Susan didn't suffer too much.

Sworrall, i really miss you. My first friend at MLC, you took me under your wing and influenced me so much. Thank you for making me the person I am today.

Captain Hero

Banned
HSC
N/A
Fairly certain this is light and offbeat.

EDIT: Spack sister much? Were they arguing over boys?

jb_nc

Google "9-11" and "truth"
HSC
N/A
The older sister is a monster.

EDIT: I mean in looks, she looks like a monster.

aussie-boy

HSC
the uac is going to get an onslaught of late EAS applications as a result of this

HalcyonSky

HSC
that chirpy little optimistic bitch sure got hit by reality pretty hard

coffeebean

HSC
Wow, I'm surprised at your ability to find humour in such a sad story. Seriously, leaving comments such as those...what the hell is wrong with you all?

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
coffeebean said:
Wow, I'm surprised at your ability to find humour in such a sad story. Seriously, leaving comments such as those...what the hell is wrong with you all?
UH, I hate women.

katie tully

ashleey luvs roosters
HSC
coffeebean said:
Not so much humour in the story, more an empathy for the murdering sister.

Sisters are so fucking annoying.

Zrap

glock9
HSC
mebe she was like ohmygodnoway my wittle sis is gonna beat my uai
/neck

jb_nc

HSC
N/A
Oh lol you can view the older sister's (murderer's) facebook profile.

It's open to the public.

lol

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)