Votes: 329 69.9%
  • No

Votes: 142 30.1%

• Total voters

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
The trend from the thread called "Do you like english?" shows that there are more people who hate English than people who like English. Then, what about maths?

Do you like maths? (maths in any level, doesn't have to be in subject level)

Aerath

Retired
HSC
N/A
I don't really like it. But I'll do it anyway.

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Franman said:
Me too!

For me, maths is easier for me to get more marks because you can practice, practice, practice and when you have an answer it is definitely either right or wrong. Plus, it's my strongest subject, so of course I like it :D

Whereas in English, I guess you could practise different essay questions or what not but I don't feel motivated enough to do that and also you can't be definitely an 18/20 or a 19/20, it's based on the marker's opinion. Yes, I know there is marking criteria or structure to award those kind of marks but I still believe the marker is a factor in determining an English mark.
Agreed. One teacher at my school marked purely based on HER OPINIONS and just gave out 5 marks, 6 marks (out of 20) to some really awesome essays that were highly critcal in terms of analysis and opinions. Because of her, all the ranks in English are like swapped now...

bubblesss

HSC
i luvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvvv maths!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! especially the challenging questions coz they prevent my brains from rusting.:D :D :D :D

5233andy

HSC
I don't really enjoy it, but I don't really mind it. I refer to my posts in the 'Do you like English?' thread.

the-derivative

BCom/LLB (UNSW)
HSC
I like maths - it's an interesting and useful subject that is based purely on logic. None of this biased bullshit, there is one answer and one answer only.

Also thought I'd add... 4U Maths FTW! (unless I end up dropping it :p)

Last edited:

x.Exhaust.x

Retired Member
HSC
the-derivative said:
I like maths - it's an interesting and useful subject that is based purely on logic. None of this biased bullshit, there is one answer and one answer only.
Qft. I hate it when I receive results that aren't suited to my expectations :) But yeah, I don't mind both Maths or English.

pwoh

O_O
HSC
Uni Grad
I find it alright. It's enjoyable when it challenges you - you get this satisfaction when you solve something.

ttong

HSC
i like maths, but what i dont like is x.Exhaust.x's tickerfactory countdown thing :p

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
I don't really enjoy it, but I don't really mind it.

maths (particularly general) will help you in everyday life cos nearly everything revolves around maths.

whereas HSC english is pretty much useless in life ---> how the fuck is writing an essay or creative writing going to help me in everyday life???????

ratcher0071

HSC
d3vilz said:

maths (particularly general) will help you in everyday life cos nearly everything revolves around maths.

whereas HSC english is pretty much useless in life ---> how the fuck is writing an essay or creative writing going to help me in everyday life???????
I second that. :p

I won't be writing essays for my future career.
For creative writing though: If you want to become a story writer (which is not a full time job !!!!) then it helps.

Continuum

I'm squishy
HSC
d3vilz said:

Since when did knowing circle geometry help in everyday life? :p

But yeah, I like Maths. :) Doing 4U for HSC. :D

d3vilz

HSC
Uni Grad
Continuum said:
Since when did knowing circle geometry help in everyday life? :p

But yeah, I like Maths. :) Doing 4U for HSC. :D
'

i hate circle geometry.
applications for this ???
CS, Rainbow Six ????????

Numbers

Banned
HSC
I can't stand maths cause i'm really shit at it. :(

it's a shame that it's got to be counted towards my uai.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)