HSC v. BF (1 Viewer)

RhiG

my parents have told me that i'm not allowed a bf until after the HSC..anyone else in the same boat?? what do people think? (i hate it)

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
Get a bf that you can study with. This combines your desire to achieve academically with the desire to obtain a bf.

HSC
N/A
hmm - same here
cept it's no b/f till after uni
that hasnt stopped me - got a good guy who studies, and if i feel the need i can study with him. lol
motivation is the key

HSC
My parents have neva restricted me about my boyfriends...and im lucky that they are so supportive about my boyfriends. They are always watchin out for me, and checkin up on my education...They neva pressure me to do anything i dunt want to do, and always support and guide me through the things i want to do. They are foreva tellin me they want me to get the best outta life, which includes my education, and the fact that i can be independent and make my own decisions, including boyfriends...i dunt realise it that often..but my parents rock!

HSC
N/A
**Temptation** said:
My parents have neva restricted me about my boyfriends...and im lucky that they are so supportive about my boyfriends. They are always watchin out for me, and checkin up on my education...They neva pressure me to do anything i dunt want to do, and always support and guide me through the things i want to do. They are foreva tellin me they want me to get the best outta life, which includes my education, and the fact that i can be independent and make my own decisions, including boyfriends...i dunt realise it that often..but my parents rock!
right
now i feel like shit!
lol
joking - but yeah, some people are like that, it all depends though.

noneother

the Cho is great
HSC
bubz :D said:
lol during high school, my dad told me i wasn't allowed a boyfriend til uni...
when i started uni last year, he changed it to "no boyfriend til after uni" :rolleyes:

meh, he suspects anyway (he's seen some photos)... i don't think he really minds :p

ps. this thread might help: http://www.boredofstudies.org/community/showthread.php?t=52087&highlight=relationships+hsc
It's expected of Asian parents. I'm not allowed g/f till after uni apparently...like I'm going to listen, ha!

santaslayer

HSC
My parents have always been OK with g/fs. If they put such a restriction on me, I'd be pretty screwed.

eg.

No. of years for Undergrad course: 6 years
No. Years for Masters: 2 (max-hopefully)
Current university year: Year2
Current age: 19
Allowed g/f at age: About 26. WoW! :p

HSC
N/A
noneother said:
It's expected of Asian parents. I'm not allowed g/f till after uni apparently...like I'm going to listen, ha!
that's true - with many asian parents
personally, i didnt think it was enforced on guys all that much - but i suppose it is..

i think it should be your choice, if you think you can handle a boy/girl friend the you should be able to have one, maybe you should talk carmly to your parents about, because it sounds a bit overprotective....

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
my mum and dad encourage me to have a girlfriend... mum likes to judge them i think. when ever i speak to them on the phone, its "when are you bringing your new girlfriend home"

OS

Banned
HSC
Rhi87 said:
my parents have told me that i'm not allowed a bf until after the HSC..anyone else in the same boat?? what do people think? (i hate it)
Don't worry, a b/f (or g/f) won't probably stick around for life and give you the security in life that a good education will.....

Refer to article ''Young say romance can wait'' (yesterday's Sunday Telegraph, pages 42 to 43)

Sorry no link available...

Last edited:

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
I dont think my parents really care. Its not as if Im going to go up to them and ask them. Although I dont think I really want to start getting involved with such a short time to go. I mean the guy can wait.

But then again if Im head oevr heels in love Im sure I would think different. :p

Atticus.

how do i get out of this
HSC
jebbie said:
I dont think my parents really care. Its not as if Im going to go up to them and ask them. Although I dont think I really want to start getting involved with such a short time to go. I mean the guy can wait.

But then again if Im head oevr heels in love Im sure I would think different. :p
so what your saying is that im in with a chance jess?

Tulipa

Loose lips sink ships
to the left, a little below the right and right in
HSC
Rhi87 said:
i think your parents are kind of weird... a good education is great for life but so are having actual life experiences eg boyfriends, girlfriends.

and if you're not allowed one in uni, uh move out?

jebbie

imrad. yourerad. letshug.
HSC
AtticusFinch said:
so what your saying is that im in with a chance jess?
As if you broke my heart </3

I agree Tulipa. What can they do once you move out?

Well what can the really do when you still live with them?

OS

Banned
HSC
Tulipa said:
i think your parents are kind of weird... a good education is great for life but so are having actual life experiences eg boyfriends, girlfriends.

and if you're not allowed one in uni, uh move out?
Nah, don't move out - just explain to them that you are old enough to handle two the two priorities of relationship and education (palcing emphasis on the fact that you know the latter is more important)...... even if you're living at home at 18+ they can't stop you from dating!

withoutaface

Premium Member
HSC
Imo so long as you don't end up having something messy happen smack bang in the middle of your exams the emotional support would be helpful.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)