How do my subjects scale? (1 Viewer)

ptrgrgry

HSC
I just want a rough indication. I know results are more reflective of how hard I work rather than scaling, etc, etc

My subjects are:

Advanced English
Extension English 1
Extension English 2
Modern History
History Extension
Economics
SOR 1
Mathematics (OR) Legal Studies (Have to drop one.)

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
I just want a rough indication. I know results are more reflective of how hard I work rather than scaling, etc, etc

My subjects are:

Advanced English
Extension English 1
Extension English 2
Modern History
History Extension
Economics
SOR 1
Mathematics (OR) Legal Studies (Have to drop one.)

Advanced English - Alrite
Extension English 1 - Good
Extension English 2 - Well
Modern History - Good/Well
History Extension - Good/Well
Economics - Good/Well
SOR 1 - No idea, but I think it isnt too good
Mathematics - If its 2unit then not too good
Legal Studies - Not too good

HSC
so obviously my subjects dont scale that well either:

Advanced English
Mathematics
CAFS
Biology
Legal Studies
SOR 1

but im ranked 1st in advanced english & SOR 1 & in the top 5 for the rest...maybe except bio which itll be top 10.

ptrgrgry

HSC
Really? My subjects scale badly? I had a thought that they might be high scaling as they are all rather demanding courses. Are sciences the only high scaling subjects?

HSC
Really? My subjects scale badly? I had a thought that they might be high scaling as they are all rather demanding courses. Are sciences the only high scaling subjects?
no well apparently biology doesnt even scale that well & its a science :(

alex09hsc

HSC
seriously possessionless the only subjects you need to worry about regarding scaling are cafs and legal studies

HSC
seriously possessionless the only subjects you need to worry about regarding scaling are cafs and legal studies
haha yeah i know cafs scales terribly but my teacher told me it shouldnt affect me because i do so well in it

alex09hsc

HSC
You'll be fine lol and if you aren't, you have that 1 unit sor to back you up lol

M

midnightpen

nah i think bio scales well except out of the sciences, its just the crappiest scaling one. But bio has a cap on it, so like, you can't get 100 even if you get full marks =/

HSC
nah i think bio scales well except out of the sciences, its just the crappiest scaling one. But bio has a cap on it, so like, you can't get 100 even if you get full marks =/
i think earth & senior science are crappier scaling.
why's it capped? :| ive never heard of that...

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
bios not capped
if u get 100 u will get 100,
theres so many ppl that do it...so its not too bad, just have to beat most of them

duckcowhybrid

HSC
Bio is capped at 98. Humanities such as Modern/Eco are better in scaling. Also in 3U/4U English, the Aligned->Scaled ratio isn't that good, but it still kills most subjects regardless, but Advanced English scales slightly better (don't ask why) at high levels. Also in 4U, get less than 43/50 and you are asking to get shat on by scaling.

alex09hsc

HSC
why do i get the feeling that these people have no ideaa

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Bio is capped at 98. Humanities such as Modern/Eco are better in scaling. Also in 3U/4U English, the Aligned->Scaled ratio isn't that good, but it still kills most subjects regardless, but Advanced English scales slightly better (don't ask why) at high levels. Also in 4U, get less than 43/50 and you are asking to get shat on by scaling.
who told you that?
look at last years scaling report, u can see the max scaled mark is 50/50

gibbo153

buff member
HSC
N/A
it needs to be stressed that poor scaling has minimal effect on people who do well in that particular subject. so if you are doing a subject which you enjoy and are able to do well in, then don't feel worried about scaling. similarly, doing a subject that 'scales well' will only benefit you if you do alright in the subject, so there is little point choosing a subject just based on scaling, just as there is little point worrying about scaling once you've chosen subjects. just do your best and try to enjoy learning about your chosen subjects and your passion for the subjects will allow you to do well no matter how poorly or beneficially your subjects scale.

doomincubus

HSC
hmm how about mine

Mathematics
Math Extension 1
English as second language
Indonesian background speakers
Physics
biology

blackratpoo

HSC
at our school they say scaling is only an issue once you get under a band 5. that when scaling takes its toll.

biology hasnt got a cap it just that naturally the dumber kids pick it while the smarter ones do chem and phys. thats why generally the marks are lower.

TBK11

HSC
wth bio scales crap? who says apprently Chemistry is pretty bad in scaling if you attain a 90+ in biology it pwns in scaling no subject will scale u down unless u perform well in it :)

HSC
at our school they say scaling is only an issue once you get under a band 5. that when scaling takes its toll.

biology hasnt got a cap it just that naturally the dumber kids pick it while the smarter ones do chem and phys. thats why generally the marks are lower.
generalisation much?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)