How do my subjects scale? (1 Viewer)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
wth bio scales crap? who says apprently Chemistry is pretty bad in scaling if you attain a 90+ in biology it pwns in scaling no subject will scale u down unless u perform well in it :)
Technically, most subject scales down but you're right if you're talking about relative scaling XD But yeah, do well in your subject and don't worry about scaling.

By the way, chemistry > bio in scaling in all years.

generalisation much?
It is a generalisation, but it is also the reason why chemistry and physics scales better than bio ie the kids who do chem and physics generally do better than kids who do bio in the HSC.

pjc34

HSC
Anyone know how music scales?
Im assuming its not great cos its...pretty easy i find.

English Standard:mad1:
Mathematics 2un:monkey:
Physics:jaw:
Design and Technology :headbang:
Music:music:

Sherio

HSC
Advanced English - Alrite
Extension English 1 - Good
Extension English 2 - Well
Modern History - Good/Well
History Extension - Good/Well
Economics - Good/Well
SOR 1 - No idea, but I think it isnt too good
Mathematics - If its 2unit then not too good
Legal Studies - Not too good
lol no no,

mathematics still scales good even though its only 2 unit, but that depends if u get above 90 in the hsc exam. Legal studies, scales really good actually. Friend got 95 in exam and his school examination mark went from 85 to 90%

study-freak

Bored of
HSC
hmm how about mine

Mathematics
Math Extension 1
English as second language
Indonesian background speakers
Physics
biology
I'll only comment about the ones that have not already been discussed in this thread.
Maths Extension 1: Good
ESL: crap unless you get band 6
Indonesian Background Speakers: All background speakers scale badly.
Physics: Good

absorber

HSC
Advanced English - Alrite
Extension English 1 - Good
Extension English 2 - Well
Modern History - Good/Well
History Extension - Good/Well
Economics - Good/Well
SOR 1 - No idea, but I think it isnt too good
Mathematics - If its 2unit then not too good
Legal Studies - Not too good
Dude, I do almost same subjects as you, minus SOR and EE2.
Those subjects scale better than that; the only subjects that don't scale that good, as far as I know, are SOR1, legal and modern; but dw, because at least legal and modern still scale above average

micuzzo

HSC
@OP:

who cares about scaling... unless u can somehow change the subjects u are doing, u are stuck with them... u should concentrate on getting the best mark you can rather than wasting ur time on discussing scaling (unless of course u are choosing ur subjects or dropping them... and in that case scaling should not be wat u soley base ur decisions on)

@everyone:

wats wiff ppl these days... it seems every1 on here uses MX2 and Eng Ext 2 as their frame of reference for deciding how subjects scale.... i mean farr out, how mediocre can the scaling of subjects like avdanced eng or maths be... just bcoz they dont scale like MX2 or Eng Ext 2 doesnt mean they are poor scaling (or any subject for that matter!)

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
lol no no,

mathematics still scales good even though its only 2 unit, but that depends if u get above 90 in the hsc exam. Legal studies, scales really good actually. Friend got 95 in exam and his school examination mark went from 85 to 90%
That is because of aligning, not scaling. They're 2 very different things.

EvilRobotMan

HSC
Okay, for unsure "which subjects scales better", go to SAM and type in your current subjects and say you score 80/100 for all of them. Then change English to 100/100 and "submit".
This isn't to go ohh i got these marks, its so you can compare if you did better in this subject would your UAI be higher. Because scaling is based on the idea that more difficult subjects trump easier ones.
Then redo, change English to 80/100, and then say, Chemistry make it the 100/100 and you will see the different UAI affected by scaling. etc etc.

georgia-ellen

HSC
if you do well in subjects scaling really doesn't end up coming into play too much.
you really just need to stay at the top ranks of your school, because the way the UAI marking works is your school is allocated certain amounts and so if you're ranked highly throughout the course you will be allocated the higher marks.
its pretty stupid. its just because they want to make it fair for those that flunk out an exam after being at the top of their grade during assessments throughout the year.

HSC
if you do well in subjects scaling really doesn't end up coming into play too much.
you really just need to stay at the top ranks of your school, because the way the UAI marking works is your school is allocated certain amounts and so if you're ranked highly throughout the course you will be allocated the higher marks.
its pretty stupid. its just because they want to make it fair for those that flunk out an exam after being at the top of their grade during assessments throughout the year.
yeah i agree its stupid

pjc34

HSC
I'll only comment about the ones that have not already been discussed in this thread.
Maths Extension 1: Good
ESL: crap unless you get band 6
Indonesian Background Speakers: All background speakers scale badly.
Physics: Good

Hmm.......and music??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)