'What is Marketing?' Guide - a Resource for Anyone Interested in Marketing (1 Viewer)

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Many people simply don't understand what marketing actually is, or what they can do with a marketing major.

I have attached a guide that I have produced to help with these issues.

I have had problems uploading attachments, so to make the guide available faster, you can download it from the following link:

EDIT: make sure to leave feedback/suggestions, so that I can improve the guide

http://files.tribalonline.net/What_is_Marketing_pdf18

Last edited:

pmtruong

HSC
Wow Stas this guide is excellent. So easy to understand and provides a great insight into all the career opportunities with marketing. I found it very easy to associate with everything with all the real life examples you used. Like you I am very interested in a career in brand management. The extensive process you went through and ur impressive work credentials you held to get into p&g has really inspired me.
Like many others i was sucked into the whole accounting cadetship thing with a big4 but it was boring as shit and i coodnt take it so i left.
i really coodn care less that they pay for ur uni degree and an accounting qualification coz i really believe in doing stuff u enjoy.
I really want to work in a place like P&G under their internship as you are. Congrats on that btw i heard how tough it was.
I have excellent work credentials but havnt done much at uni. What do p&g seem to look for/value the most in their interns? ie marks/charity stuff etc?
Thanks for the guide once again!

stazi

Nightman
HSC
Thanks for the feedback.

I just came from a christmas lunch where I had about 10 drinks so my mind isn't that clear, but my vague response is that no, they dont really care about marks. They care a bit about charity, but basically they are looking for a leader who can inspire, and who has delivered results in the past for various companies.

I can help you with the P&G process, and for other marketing internships, but unfortunately I do charge a fee for this. However, I have been quite successful: one of my clients just got a job with AC Nielsen, which is a very hard company to get into for marketing research.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh and feel free to provide more feedback, as there's over 90 views. also, I still can't upload directly to bos.

Igal0s

HSC
Very well written, coherent and simple to understand - thanks mate!

malodiets.

ahallam2

HSC
stazi said:
I can help you with the P&G process, and for other marketing internships, but unfortunately I do charge a fee for this. However, I have been quite successful: one of my clients just got a job with AC Nielsen, which is a very hard company to get into for marketing research.
Typical marketer - always trying to sell something :rofl:

pmtruong

HSC
Thanks stazi but I've gotten into 3 extremely large companies otherwise I would definately pay for some top notch advice. But thanks. I have confidence in my abilities, I don't fully believe in coaching. All I can do is try my best if i get it i get it if not whatever.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh nice. is that in marketing? what companies are they?

pmtruong

HSC
deloitte.ibm and pwc. recently started getting marketing type experience. just got a job on a creative brainstorming panel with ideaspace.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
oh that's heaps cool!

I'm in Singapore right now. <3 P&G

HSC
I'm interested in reading it but it says the file has expired.

stazi

Nightman
HSC
sorry guys, didn't realise it's only valid for 7 days :S . would anyone be willing to host the file for me on another site?

the guide is reuploaded for now

Donski

HSC
N/A
OT....

I just completed the reasoning screen test for P&G. fingers crossed hehehe

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)