Thread: Help for CAFS students.

HSC

Re: Help for CAFS students.

I need help picking a subject!

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by LauraSands View Post
    I need help picking a subject!
    Have you tried looking at some of these: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...ad.php?t=51072
    HSC 2009: General Mathematics | English Advanced | Senior Science | CAFS | IPT| D&T MM
    Graduate: Bachelor. of Education Studies
    Current Studies: Bachelor . of Nursing| Bachelor. of Dementia Care | Bachelor. of Behavioural Studies. (Major. Psychology, Minor Sociology)| CertIV. Training and Assessment
    Future BMedSci/M.D.(JMP) hopeful πŸ‘©πŸ»βš•οΈ

HSC

Hey,
    I do CAFS now and I am doingmy major assignment (IRP) i really need some help starting the project plan.. I hope you can help
    Quote Originally Posted by possessionless View Post
    Hey cafsers,
    Saw a help thread in bio and thought it would be nice to do one for cafs. I got 96 in the HSC for cafs so if you guys need any help I'm more than happy to help you I really enjoyed cafs so I dont mind revisiting it haha.
    So let me know if you need anything.
    Good luck!!

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by SamanthaDenne View Post
    Hey,
    I do CAFS now and I am doingmy major assignment (IRP) i really need some help starting the project plan.. I hope you can help
    I am not possessionless but anyway-

What you need to do is have sections (pages) as follows:

1. Subject of research hypothesis
    2. Explanation of project aim/goals.
    3. Primary and secondary data resources that will be used
    4. Which methodologies will be used and why
    5. Pilot survey questions.
    6. Timeline Proposed actual in a Gantt chart.
    7. Ethical Issues related to the IRP to be undertaken.

Also explicit literacy criteria could be taken into account so things like:

*Have you used capital letters and full stops correctly.
    * Have you used other types of punctuation where necessary.
    * Do your sentences make sense
    * Have you used varied and appropriate sentences.
    * Have you used paragraphs.

There are samples underneath resources on this site.

Good Luck!
    HSC 2009: General Mathematics | English Advanced | Senior Science | CAFS | IPT| D&T MM
    Current Studies: Bachelor . of Nursing| Bachelor. of Dementia Care | Bachelor. of Behavioural Studies. (Major. Psychology, Minor Sociology)| CertIV. Training and Assessment

HSC

in regards to the IRP what has to written for the recomendations. do we have to recomend information for next years cafs students doing their IRP?

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by jaydie13 View Post
    in regards to the IRP what has to written for the recomendations. do we have to recomend information for next years cafs students doing their IRP?
    I actually did not have a recommendations section in my IRP- unless it my teacher called it something else.

I am thinking your teacher wants what could be improved with the methodologies,etc. Yes, you could also take that approach- but double check what your teacher wants.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by possessionless View Post
    Hey cafsers,
    Saw a help thread in bio and thought it would be nice to do one for cafs. I got 96 in the HSC for cafs so if you guys need any help I'm more than happy to help you I really enjoyed cafs so I dont mind revisiting it haha.
    So let me know if you need anything.
    Good luck!!
    Hi im doing my literature review in cafs and i am doing it on IVF i have someone to interview im just not sure on the layout, is there any chance you could help with that? thankyou

HSC

im having a major problem!
    my project proposal is due in two days and i have no idea how to lay it out or what to include!
    so far my topic is "the influence an adult child with a life long disability has on the older parent"

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by dessydessy View Post
    Hi im doing my literature review in cafs and i am doing it on IVF i have someone to interview im just not sure on the layout, is there any chance you could help with that? thankyou
    Example CAFS IRP's can be found under the resources section on this site.

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by aMouldyTaco View Post
    im having a major problem!
    my project proposal is due in two days and i have no idea how to lay it out or what to include!
    so far my topic is "the influence an adult child with a life long disability has on the older parent"
    aMouldyTaco sorry that I couldn't get to this earlier. If it is not too late:

A sample layout could include:

1. Subject of research hypothesis
    2. Explanation of project aim/goals.
    3. Primary and secondary data resources that will be used
    4. Which methodologies will be used and why
    5. Pilot survey questions.
    6. Timeline Proposed actual in a Gantt chart.
    7. Ethical Issues related to the IRP to be undertaken.

Also explicit literacy criteria could be taken into account so things like:

*Have you used capital letters and full stops correctly.
    * Have you used other types of punctuation where necessary.
    * Do your sentences make sense
    * Have you used varied and appropriate sentences.
    * Have you used paragraphs.
    Last edited by Kat92; 7 Feb 2013 at 2:46 PM.

HSC

this is my question: propose strategies that will enable these groups (rural families and the homeless) to satisfy their needs (SHE HAS SEF) equitably and will create a positive social environment for them

If anyone can help me out id appreciate it so much!

HSC

I'm currently doing CAFS and really don't understand it, anychance someone can send me their irp so I can get an idea of what to do

Should i change my DP? Drifting95's Avatar
    HSC

Quote Originally Posted by Lolephant View Post
    I'm currently doing CAFS and really don't understand it, anychance someone can send me their irp so I can get an idea of what to do
    Have a look at the resources section on this site, in the CAFS folder you will find plenty of Band 6 IRP's.
    UNSW- B Commerce/Law

$15 Band 6 Notes- Economics, Business Studies & CAFS http://community.boredofstudies.org/...d.php?t=316614

Essay Marking services: http://community.boredofstudies.org/...7-25-atar.html

Economics & Business studies Tutoring:http://community.boredofstudies.org/...ml#post6515389

HSC

They aren't really helping cause none of them haven't got an idea I can really do

HSC

Lolephant- what are you interested in?? Perhaps you can turn that into an IRP to make it more interesting and easier for yourself.

HSC

That's the thing, idk what I'm interested in, what can I use?

HSC

I was much the same, until I come up with an idea that linked to issues that were in the media. Have you had a look at: IRP- Topics and Tips it may give you a starting point!

HSC

management strategies to increase men's contributions to 'homemaking' ?

HSC

Hi !
    so im new to this site, and im not quite sure how it works? I just hope someone is still replying! haha
    I have my HSC trials next week and im totally flipping out because there is so much content in this subject, I just don't want to miss anything!
    Do you guys have any tips for making study notes etc?
    We haven't started the social impact of technology yet, but our extend response questions are based on that, what do you suggest? like just link it to common knowledge or?
    thanks ! x

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by sarahjoanxo View Post
    Hi !
    so im new to this site, and im not quite sure how it works? I just hope someone is still replying! haha
    I have my HSC trials next week and im totally flipping out because there is so much content in this subject, I just don't want to miss anything!
    Do you guys have any tips for making study notes etc?
    We haven't started the social impact of technology yet, but our extend response questions are based on that, what do you suggest? like just link it to common knowledge or?
    thanks ! x
    Hi sarahjoanxo and welcome to BOS!

The best advice for making summary notes is to base it around the dot points that come from the syllabus documentation and to use special mnemonics to remember certain concepts.

If you haven't studied social impact of technology yet that is a bit harsh. Although, once again familiarise yourself with the syllabus and look at past papers to gain an understanding of what could potentially be asked (ARC- assessment resource centre would be a helpful site to look at for exemplar responses).

Also underneath the resources section on this site exist some previous study notes that you could take info from.

If you have any other questions feel free to ask!

HSC
    Uni Grad

Hey Kat92, thank you for giving up your time and effort to help those who need help with CAFS even after you've finished the course. I'm doing CAFS now in Year 11 and so far it's been quite enjoyable and actually kind of easy and I've done well for all of my tests and assessments but I have that's due this Thursday and I need a little bit of help with it. The area of study is Families and Communities and there are two parts to it.
    Part A: 1. Prepare a brief overview of your selected local community including
    -the names of the suburbs
    -the nature of the people eg. ethnic groups, political figures, employment levels
    -types of housing- public, private, townhouses
    [I assume I can find all this on the ABS website]
    2. Select a community organisation that supports families in performing their functions (in any way) in your chosen community. Prepare a detailed report about this organisation addressing the following:
    -identify the needs of the group using the organisation
    -examine the methods the organisation uses to inform the community of its function
    -describe how families access the organisation
    -examine the role of the organisation- ie. what services do they provide and how do they assist the family?
    -what are the benefits for the family of using this organisation?
    -how is the organisation funded?
    NOTE: DO NOT merely present a rehash of the organisation's brochure or website. You MUST ANALYSE the information you gather and determine its relevance in addressing the points above
    Part B: Oral Presentation
    1. Prepare a 4 minute oral report- This should focus on the key issues of your research (Part A 2) in a summarised form. You should be able to communicate your findings to the class in a coherent, logical manner with the use of appropriate language. Additional materials may be used where relevant eg. PowerPoint, summary sheet etc.

You report must be clearly presented and typed. Pictures may be used throughout the report. The report should be in your own words and not directly copied from a text or website. Using the headings stated above to identify the section you are addressing. Within the report, all areas should be clearly addressed and thoroughly answered.

I'm having trouble picking a community organisation, could you refer one to me? People are already doing childcare centres and leisure centres. I'm also terrified of the oral presentation. I'm planning to use a PowerPoint presentation as I did use it before but in a different class with only the teacher as audience and it was a really nice teacher so I really don't know about this. I have social anxiety so even just thinking about it is making me freak out and panic. Would you be able to suggest anything to help? If you don't, thank you for your time anyways

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLighte View Post
    Hey Kat92, thank you for giving up your time and effort to help those who need help with CAFS even after you've finished the course. I'm doing CAFS now in Year 11 and so far it's been quite enjoyable and actually kind of easy and I've done well for all of my tests and assessments but I have that's due this Thursday and I need a little bit of help with it. The area of study is Families and Communities and there are two parts to it.
    -the nature of the people eg. ethnic groups, political figures, employment levels
    2. Select a community organisation that supports families in performing their functions (in any way) in your chosen community. Prepare a detailed report about this organisation addressing the following:
    -examine the methods the organisation uses to inform the community of its function
    -examine the role of the organisation- ie. what services do they provide and how do they assist the family?
    NOTE: DO NOT merely present a rehash of the organisation's brochure or website. You MUST ANALYSE the information you gather and determine its relevance in addressing the points above
    1. Prepare a 4 minute oral report- This should focus on the key issues of your research (Part A 2) in a summarised form. You should be able to communicate your findings to the class in a coherent, logical manner with the use of appropriate language. Additional materials may be used where relevant eg. PowerPoint, summary sheet etc.

You report must be clearly presented and typed. Pictures may be used throughout the report. The report should be in your own words and not directly copied from a text or website. Using the headings stated above to identify the section you are addressing. Within the report, all areas should be clearly addressed and thoroughly answered.

I'm having trouble picking a community organisation, could you refer one to me? People are already doing childcare centres and leisure centres. I'm also terrified of the oral presentation. I'm planning to use a PowerPoint presentation as I did use it before but in a different class with only the teacher as audience and it was a really nice teacher so I really don't know about this. I have social anxiety so even just thinking about it is making me freak out and panic. Would you be able to suggest anything to help? If you don't, thank you for your time anyways
    Thankyou, I am glad to be able to help and make a difference!

I love the fact that you are being unique- Is there some sort of local facility in your area that you could research?? This is what I ended up doing as I had a similar task. Maybe consider something like Meals on Wheels, Nursing homes, Churches, Volunteer centres etc. The syllabus documentation should also list a few dotpoints from memory of different types.

Powerpoint would be the way to go- i.e. have a heading, dotpoints, picture and graphs from ABS. Although, nowadays people are moving towards prezi presentations (but this really depends on your technological ability). However, due to the timeframe stick with the powerpoint and print the summary slides.

As for the social anxiety that is always something that is hard to overcome! Although a few suggestions:

Managing Nerves

1. Prepare

Know Your Audience
    Think about your audience before your presentation. The more confident you are that you are presenting them with useful and interesting material for them, the less nervous you will be. You really don't want your presentation to be a surprise. If it is, you lose complete control over the audience's reaction and that is a large factor in nervousness. So:

β€’ Define who your target audience is;
    β€’ Ask people who will be representative of the audience what they expect from the presentation;
    β€’ Run your presentation plan by a few people to see if they think something is missing or is overkill;
    β€’ Consider contacting participants by email beforehand and asking them a few questions about what they expect;
    β€’ Greet audience members at the door and do a quick survey of why they are there and what they expect.

Know Your Material
    Nothing is worse for nerves than trying to give a presentation on a topic you are not well prepared for. This doesn't mean you have to be an expert beforehand, but you'd better know it backwards on presentation day.
    Another important point to remember is that you can't possibly cover everything you know in the time available. So focus on the most pertinent points and then supplement with other material if time allows.

Engage your audience:
    To make your material interesting and memorable, include occasional questions to the audience to encourage audience participation. This enhances the learning experience and gives you a break from presenting. It also allows you deliver your information in a more conversational manner which is often more believable.

Structure Your Presentation
    A common technique for trying to calm nervousness is memorizing what you intend to say. But all this does is make you sound like a robot. If you miss a word or draw a blank, your whole presentation is thrown off and then your nervousness compounds itself. It is far better to structure your presentation so that you give yourself clues to what is coming next.
    β€’ Have a set of key phrases listed on a cue card;
    β€’ Refer to these phrases to trigger your mind as to what is coming up next;
    β€’ If you are using slides, use these key phrases in your transitions.
    β€’ This approach helps you control your own uncertainty about whether you will remember what you want to say and the order you want to say it.

Tip:
    A simple, widely used, and highly effective structure is to tell the audience what you're going to say, then say it, and then recap what you've said.

2. Practise, Practise, Practise

Although you should avoid memorizing your presentation, you do want to be very comfortable with your delivery. Familiarity brings confidence, and practice helps you to deliver the words naturally. This means they will be coming more from your heart and mind, rather than from a piece of paper.
    β€’ Learn the organization and order of your presentation;
    β€’ If you do feel the need to memorize, limit it to your opening. This will help you
    get off to a smooth start;
    β€’ Try videotaping yourself. You will see what you look like to others and then you
    can make a plan to change the things that need changing;
    β€’ Use audiotape to listen to how you speak, your tone and your speed, and adjust appropriately;
    β€’ Prepare for large speaking events by practising with a smaller audience first; for example, by inviting colleagues to listen to a dry run during their lunch hour. –
    β€’ Resolve pronunciation issues (multisyllabic words, phonemes you have trouble with)
    β€’ Decide what you are going to wear - make it comfortable and appropriate;
    β€’ Arrive early and get your equipment set up;
    β€’ Anticipate problems and have backups and contingencies in place in case something doesn't work, you forget something, etc;
    β€’ If possible, give everything one last run through in the real environment;
    β€’ Prepare responses to anticipated questions. Try to think like that one person in the front row who always tries to trip the presenter up.

3. Calm Yourself from the Inside
    Nervousness causes physiological reactions which are mostly attributed to the increase of adrenaline in your system. You can counteract these effects with a few simple techniques:
    Practise deep breathing - adrenalin causes you to breath shallowly. By breathing deeply your brain will get the oxygen it needs and the slower pace will trick your body into believing you are calmer. It also helps with voice quivers, which can occur when your breathing is irregular;
    Drink water - adrenalin can cause a dry mouth, which in turn leads to getting tongue-tied. Have a glass of water handy. Take sips occasionally, especially when you want to emphasize a point;
    Smile - this is a natural relaxant that sends positive chemicals through your body;

Use visualization techniques - imagine that you are delivering your presentation to an audience that is interested, enthused, smiling, and reacting positively. Cement this positive image in your mind and recall it right before you are ready to go on;
    Press and massage your forehead to energise the front of the brain and speech centre;

Just before you start talking, pause, make eye contact, and smile. This last moment of peace is very relaxing and gives you time to adjust to being the centre of attention;
    Speak more slowly than you would in a conversation, and leave longer pauses between sentences. This slower pace will calm you down, and it will also make you easier to hear, especially at the back of a large room; (when you are nervous you speak more quickly than you think, so aim to speak more slowly than usual – esp. if you have pronunciation issues)

Move around during your presentation. This will expend some of your nervous energy;

Stop Thinking About Yourself. The audience is there to get some information and it is your job to put it across to them. It’s not all about you!

Good Luck for it all! I will be thinking of you!

HSC

Quote Originally Posted by ShadowLighte View Post

Hey ShadowLighte, I hope everything worked out well in the end!

HSC

am seeking for help in Cafs
    cuz i got an reach search task and i dont no what to do
    i need help with same questionnaire for the place i chose to reach about
    so could you please help me.

HSC

Ok, I guess the first question is what is the topic: groups in context, multiple role expectations, etc. Without that information I can't really direct you to any place as to where you would find research material.

Otherwise, if are you referring to the IRP- you could have a look underneath resources on this site to see some past examples.

Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread Information