Does God exist? (10 Viewers)

do you believe in god?

• Total voters

Cookie182

Individui Superiore
HSC
N/A
? Of course my life is not the most valuabel thing in my reality??? The Truth is the greatest, above all else - it is something I would eagerly give my life for, seriously, earth sucks.

As to absolutes, I dont have the energy atm to convince you of the logical destination of your beliefs. Read Nietzsche
Wow, i love life. I make fun with every minute. Sure exams and work get hard, but I'm a person who enjoys people and generally mixes well. I adore every moment I have on this precious Earth. The probability of me being born, nether lone in such a great country was astoundingly low. You have answered so many questions for me with that statement. I think you should follow religion if it makes you happy- your comments give me quite the contrary feeling. I also can't judge, but I feel for you. Dedicated to death, not life. And you know, at least on that deep level as you read these words- you have no proof of the afterlife's existence par that lovely word called 'faith'. By all means, if you want to endure a hard and depressing life, go for it. But it will probably cause you to sin more in the process.

There is little more to say- the fact that you would willingly give away the only life you can be sure about is the breeding ground for fundamentalist thought. At this moment, I've never rejoiced so much in the fact that I live under a secular government.

Remember Iron- self bless. Health, Wealth and Relationships, my child. Go out, grab a coffee, have some random conversations, maybe go the gym tomorrow or play a sport, meet some cuties, hook up, have fun.

Goodnight!

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
Strength in this life; happiness in the next

Guardian23

HSC
physics law: "energy cannot be created nor destroyed"
Universe broken down is simply energy
therefore according to science the universe cannot be created
but the universe is here so it was created
therefore a force outside science created the universe
definition of a force outside science is supernatural
therefore a supernatural force created the universe
definition of a supernatural force the created the universe in three letters is:
God
therefore by logical induction god created the universe

Adilis

HSC
Or the million's of evangelicalists in the states, openly preaching hatred towards gays because of passage's from Corinthians etc

Or Jews and Muslims killing each other

Or the Irish

Or Christian's condemning child-rape victims for abortions

Or Muslim’s EXECUTING girls who were raped, or people wanting to change religion, or just generally treating non-Muslims as second-class citizens (that is discrimination).

You can not tell me Iron, despite it's 'beauty' that religion does not promote segregation.

Edit: Also "fundamentalist" as a euphemistic distinction is being over-played by the media. It's as though they segrate theist's based on those who actually carry out the hate actions. Now I know there are 'moderate' forms of ideology with both faiths etc. But when you consider it, your either a follower of that faith's core ideologies or your not. If you accept them, then on some base level you promote segregation.
Look i know what you're on about...about how there's soo much crap in this messed up world that would make billions of people think that religion is a bunch of bullshit. But you're saying that all the genocides that occured with the Jews and are occuring now with Africans..all the child rapes, all the stupid wars and bunch of violence that isnt really needed, happened because of God. well God didnt make any of this happen. Us humans did. He didnt demand any of us to kill anyone or start wars..but we simply made the choice to do so..God sets out a path for us but he never forces us to take it when we dont want to. And when we reject it because we think that we can lead our own lives and head towards a better place. God NEVER forces his love on us..and dont you guys ever forget that...you may be encouraged to believe in christ because of all the "good things" that could happen to you if you believed in God (which is again bs. because thats not the point of having faith) but at the end of the day..you make the choice..God knew all these things would happen..and he created us in the first place which gives him every right to end this world right now. but he doesnt give up on us.

The Israelites disobeyed God and they all gave up on God, and started to worship other Gods. For the first time, God decided to leave the Israelites alone..he didnt acknowledge or speak to them for 400 years. Until he realized that they were in great need of help and he believe in everyone of us (the future generation) that we could change things. Now if you ask me..from my point of view...we messed things up BIG TIME. there seems to be more rapes, and the genocides and childsoldiers in Africa and Gaza is unbearable. There are people in the third world countries who live to kill, because thats what life means to them. to hurt each other so that you may protect yourself. I dont blame them..because they are surrounded by soo much shit that they are blocked from the light of God. But it still doesnt mean that God isnt there..he's there alright..and that would be the reason why they were brought into the world in the first place..to make a difference.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
definition of a supernatural force the created the universe in three letters is:
God
lolwhut

Graney

Horse liberty
HSC
God
Cosmology is a highly speculative science. I think it's very flawed to apply such simple ideas of 'logical induction', to something with so many unknowns as the creation of the universe.

"Energy cannot be created nor destroyed" is a law that applies at the present time, according to modern physical laws, but the physical laws at the time of the big bang may not have been the same as the physical laws now.

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
Given you used the word proof, any atheist would happily accept that religion. This is a very good question for the theist's and one I'd love an answer to.

How would you feel as a muslim if Judaism was 'proven' (beyond reasonable doubt) to be the truth?
to tell you the truth Judaism is much easier to comprehend and work around with than Christianity. Id find it much easier to convert to Judaism than the latter.The fundamental flaw with the christian religion is the holy trinity. just doesn't make sense.

KFunk

Psychic refugee
HSC
God
Flawed, or potentially flawed, propositions:

(1) Universe broken down is simply energy

- Forgetting the emergence of physicochemical forces and laws after the big bang, as postulated by the physical sciences. The situation is not quite as basic as "simply energy", nor a single set of unchanging laws.

(2) according to science the universe cannot be created

- Even if matter cannot be created it can be rearranged, which may be all that is necessary for the creation of a universe. Also consider whacky quantum phenomena.

(3) a force outside science created the universe

- Hence this proposition, and the conclusions that follow it, are questionable.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
to tell you the truth Judaism is much easier to comprehend and work around with than Christianity. Id find it much easier to convert to Judaism than the latter.The fundamental flaw with the christian religion is the holy trinity. just doesn't make sense.
This.
Judaism's simple and (relatively) logical compared to Christianity. If I were religious I'd be either Jewish or Muslim. That whole Trinity shit gets confusing.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
But you're saying that all the genocides that occured with the Jews and are occuring now with Africans..
Most of the African genocides occuring right now are ethnic, not religious, conflicts. For example, the Rwandan genocide wasn't committed by Christians against Christians. It was committed by Tutsis against Hutus.

The Israelites disobeyed God and they all gave up on God, and started to worship other Gods. For the first time, God decided to leave the Israelites alone..he didnt acknowledge or speak to them for 400 years. Until he realized that they were in great need of help and he believe in everyone of us (the future generation) that we could change things. Now if you ask me..from my point of view...we messed things up BIG TIME. there seems to be more rapes, and the genocides and childsoldiers in Africa and Gaza is unbearable. There are people in the third world countries who live to kill, because thats what life means to them. to hurt each other so that you may protect yourself. I dont blame them..because they are surrounded by soo much shit that they are blocked from the light of God. But it still doesnt mean that God isnt there..he's there alright..and that would be the reason why they were brought into the world in the first place..to make a difference.
Have you even read the Old Testament? It seems to convey that everyone in the Near East was committing mass genocide, rape and pillaging. For example, Joshua was commanded by God to slaughter every single man, woman, child and animal within the walls of Jericho after they fell (Josh 6:21). Deuteronomy 2:34 also describes how the Israelites "utterly destroyed the men, and the women, and the little ones" in the cities that they conquered. The Old Testament is far more violent than the modern world.
Also, there only appears to be more rapes and genocides for two reasons.
1) They are far more likely to be reported and known about now than during any other time in history, thanks to the global media.
2) Thanks to a sky-rocketing population, it is far easier to commit genocide than at anytime previous. 300,000 dead now isn't that same as 300,000 dead two hundred years ago, because there are about seven times as many people in the world these days. Genocide (and rape) as a percentage of the world popualtion will have either remained unchanged or will have actually fallen.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Or the million's of evangelicalists in the states, openly preaching hatred towards gays because of passage's from Corinthians etc

Or Jews and Muslims killing each other

Or the Irish

Or Christian's condemning child-rape victims for abortions

Or Muslim’s EXECUTING girls who were raped, or people wanting to change religion, or just generally treating non-Muslims as second-class citizens (that is discrimination).

You can not tell me Iron, despite it's 'beauty' that religion does not promote segregation.

Edit: Also "fundamentalist" as a euphemistic distinction is being over-played by the media. It's as though they segrate theist's based on those who actually carry out the hate actions. Now I know there are 'moderate' forms of ideology with both faiths etc. But when you consider it, your either a follower of that faith's core ideologies or your not. If you accept them, then on some base level you promote segregation.
Irish conflict is predominately nationalistic these days. 500 years ago it was religious, but it's since evolved.

Uncle

Banned
HSC
God
Proof or LIES

big8oyjames

Banned
HSC
i went to the mosque one day to ask the Imam to give me physical evidence of gods existence. you know what he did? he took me out to the the window and showed me a tree. I was very confused. He then simplified it for me by saying that the tree didn't grow all by itself, god made the tree grow. God decided how big and how wide the tree is going to be.

He then said if you still don't believe in god you are a buffoon. An animal. In fact, he went on to say im not even that, because every single animal believes in god. Oh, they believe in jesus as well.

just to put it out there, i think he was a jew mole. maybe, you never know.

greekgun

HSC
i went to the mosque one day to ask the Imam to give me physical evidence of gods existence. you know what he did? he took me out to the the window and showed me a tree. I was very confused. He then simplified it for me by saying that the tree didn't grow all by itself, god made the tree grow. God decided how big and how wide the tree is going to be.

He then said if you still don't believe in god you are a buffoon. An animal. In fact, he went on to say im not even that, because every single animal believes in god. Oh, they believe in jesus as well.

just to put it out there, i think he was a jew mole. maybe, you never know.
wow that was some hardcore evidence of god right there
lol jew mole

Last edited:

Adilis

HSC
Also, there only appears to be more rapes and genocides for two reasons.
1) They are far more likely to be reported and known about now than during any other time in history, thanks to the global media.
2) Thanks to a sky-rocketing population, it is far easier to commit genocide than at anytime previous. 300,000 dead now isn't that same as 300,000 dead two hundred years ago, because there are about seven times as many people in the world these days. Genocide (and rape) as a percentage of the world popualtion will have either remained unchanged or will have actually fallen.
Which is exactly my point...God didnt make any of the genocides occur..us humans did it ourselves..the media didnt have to release this piece of information. but they did it because theyve got no lives.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Which is exactly my point...God didnt make any of the genocides occur..us humans did it ourselves..the media didnt have to release this piece of information. but they did it because theyve got no lives.
lolwhut?
You're a goddam retard and you completely ignored the first half of my post, which showed that God openly condones genocide. So shut the fuck up and get the fuck out.

GUSSSSSSSSSSSSS

HSC
lolwhut?
You're a goddam retard and you completely ignored the first half of my post, which showed that God openly condones genocide. So shut the fuck up and get the fuck out.

wow slack!!!

the flying spaghetti monster shall zot u for this grave example of "slackness"

pastafarianism FTW!

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
wow slack!!!

the flying spaghetti monster shall zot u for this grave example of "slackness"

pastafarianism FTW!
Go away. You're annoying and immature. My post was entirely valid. Stupidity deserves ridicule.

Kwayera

Passive-aggressive Mod
HSC
Also, he dares to assume that His Noodliness is concerned with such base human failings.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 10)