Change the nudity laws! (1 Viewer)

Do you support full public nudity?

• No, its vile.

Votes: 23 24.7%
  • Yes, I want to hang free with the wind.

Votes: 26 28.0%
  • Possibly, but we need a context approach- ie not in schools, workplace

Votes: 44 47.3%

• Total voters

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
what about having children/teens wander the streets naked, they'd practically have a sign on their heads saying, 'pedophiles, come hither!'.
This is about making public nudity legal, not mandatory.

So if a chilld if stupid enough to choose to walk around naked....

sexual harassment would go through the roof, people walking along with others able to touch them in places that they shouldn't be. imagine somewhere crowded where everyone's pushed up against each other.
If nudity were to be made legal, 99% of people would still wear clothes in public, and if you have to visit/make use of crowded areas then chances are you gonna wear clothes.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I know exactly what it is you consider "The truth"; I was a Christian up until several years ago. So no, that's not the problem.

The problem is that of the many, many god-bothering folk that I have talked over the years, not one has given me a valid reason as to why it is the truth.
Sigh. How many times are you going to bring up this stupid and repetitive point m8? No one on this planet can 'make' you believe in the way that you insist on. It has to come entirely from your own realisation. If you refuse to realise, that's fine, live with the pigs for a while. Youre 17 m8; horrific things are happening to your body. You cant be expected to be a fully intergrated human being yet m8, this is fine. Just dont snuff out the candle m8, let it keep on burning, however faintly.

B_B_J

Banned
HSC
I lol how Iron calls the Arabs/Muslims/middle easterners oppressors and intolerant fucks; yet Iron is the same product just from the other side.

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
This is about making public nudity legal, not mandatory.

So if a chilld if stupid enough to choose to walk around naked....

If nudity were to be made legal, 99% of people would still wear clothes in public, and if you have to visit/make use of crowded areas then chances are you gonna wear clothes.
but what if someone doesn't wear clothes?

it's a hygiene issue for everyone. i just have this image of some girl sitting on a bus, ass sweat and genital discharge going all over the seat and it's fucking disgusting. imagine having to clean that up or sitting there after unknowingly. enough to make you gag just thinking about it.

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I was more picturing accidential insemination on a crowded 5:30 train

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad

it's a hygiene issue for everyone. i just have this image of some girl sitting on a bus, ass sweat and genital discharge going all over the seat and it's fucking disgusting. imagine having to clean that up or sitting there after unknowingly. enough to make you gag just thinking about it.
that's really disgusting haha
would anyone who has posted in this thread ACTUALLY go around naked?

technically its not just a law, its the morals, ethical and social aspects...

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
Sigh. How many times are you going to bring up this stupid and repetitive point m8?
How many times are you going to assert that your position is "the truth" without providing one jot of evidence to support it?

No one on this planet can 'make' you believe in the way that you insist on. It has to come entirely from your own realisation.
Then I'll never believe. I have the mind of a scientist, I can't just accept things 'just because', which is exactly what is necessary if I am ever to be a Christian.

If you refuse to realise, that's fine,
My lack of belief is not a choice.

Just dont snuff out the candle m8, let it keep on burning, however faintly.
Hey, never have I asserted (unless trolling/joking) that god does not exist, or that I know that he doesn't exist.

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

I see what you're saying, but this would probably come under the aforementioned "conext approach".

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
How many times are you going to assert that your position is "the truth" without providing one jot of evidence to support it?

Then I'll never believe. I have the mind of a scientist, I can't just accept things 'just because', which is exactly what is necessary if I am ever to be a Christian.

My lack of belief is not a choice.

Hey, never have I asserted (unless trolling/joking) that god does not exist, or that I know that he doesn't exist.
Lol it's a choice. Hiding behind 'science', which is the tangible truth left open to man's discovery, will not save you. Faith and reason are not only compatable, but they also need eachother. We have seen this throughout all of history! Faith without reason leads to superstition. Reason without faith leads to nihilism and relativism. The latter couse is the one that western world, at least, has chartered and, if continued, it will be our downfall! We shall sail off the edge of the world, so to speak!

hermand

je t'aime.
HSC
I was more picturing accidential insemination on a crowded 5:30 train
haha, i thought of that too. but thought the other would get my point across better.

imagine how many cases we'd have like that one where the mother is suing for her 13yo getting pregnant by swimming in a pool. virgin my ass.

x.christina

I am actually a cat
HSC
Uni Grad
haha, i thought of that too. but thought the other would get my point across better.

imagine how many cases we'd have like that one where the mother is suing for her 13yo getting pregnant by swimming in a pool. virgin my ass.
whut

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I agree. The practical issues are immense and insurmountable. Public nudity should be confined to well concealed and/or marked areas accessible only to consenting adults

Serius

Beyond Godlike
HSC
Theres nothing inherently disgusting or wrong or "sinful" about the human body. If nudity was decriminalised i still dont think things would really change, the vast majority of people would still wear clothes, just the odd nudist now wont be charged because they wanted to walk around naked.

You dont have a right to live your life unoffended. As long as no one is attacking you, they can do whatever they want naked as far as i am concerned.

Why is one level of undress right and moral and the other not? other cultures would call our society sinful and morally decadent because our women walk around showing skin, tight clothing showing their breasts, hell some even walk around on the beach only covering their genitals with thin peices of stretchy fabric!

sexual assault would still be a crime, there wont suddenly be a free for all of people grabbing women because that is still assault. The only difference is that the person sitting there harming no one and wearing nothing wont be arrested.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
The thing is that it is inherently immoral and the state should recognise this. The public sphere is meant to be an environment safe for all rightful citizens. Once it is not, then it is essentially not a public sphere anymore - just a sphere for powerful interest groups who crush the rights of the wholesome weaker sectors. May as well take the clothes off the emperor and have every man for himself - omg this is the natural order yer freedom
Umm doesn't the bible say that it is a perfectly normal state, until Adam and Eve discovered shame?

HSC
Umm doesn't the bible say that it is a perfectly normal state, until Adam and Eve discovered shame?

We only perceive nudity as "wrong" because that's what our western society has taught us.

There were people were running around in their birthday suits since the dawn of time til Christians/white people came along and gave them clothes and taught them shame. (Apart from protection/warmth) Still, nudity wasn't (some places still isn't) frowned upon because its our natural state. E.g. African tribes where women walk around topless and its totally normal.

wassup nature vs. nurture.

Last edited:

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I made this point on page 1 my beautiful haired comrade. So? The whole world is fallen

Iron

Ecclesiastical Die-Hard
HSC
I dont insist that they did. The point is the spirit of the story, which showed how men gave in to various temptations and desires to make themselves gods. For this they were cursed.

Riet

Tomcat Pilot
HSC
In that vein is shame/modesty not just a human invention, that came with their forbidden knowledge? God created us in his image, and such.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)