making my own formal dress (1 Viewer)

evil_kitten

HSC
lol you still have to look good! even if it is a lame event

good on you for making your own dress evil kitten :D
they generally look so much nicer than store bought ones! and with your skills i'm sure you're no exception
yeah. i think looking good is the only real point of formals..

autumn-bird

HSC
I'm in yr 12 this year and I've decided to make my own formal dress. I'm just sick of all the plain old ones that everyone wears.

Does anyone think I'm mad like some of my friends do? Is anyone else doing this? and has anyone done this and how successful was it?
a girl in my class is making her own dress for the formal this year, and it sounds so cool! i would love to make my own dress too, but it's time consuming, and i would have no idea how to begin...

perhaps if i had the time, i would do it!

good luck!! :D

Jazicat

HSC
I'm making my own formal dress tooooo
its going to be bright yellow and its going to make me happy!

Stoogey

HSC
yeah i get where your coming from, but i'm more refering to the ones that just get any suit, dont really bother trying anything on, or think its cool having a suit thats too big.
Leave them be, it just makes the rest of us that know how to dress look even betterer... :)

Jazicat

HSC
bright yellow?
awesome =D
there arn't many people that can get away with bright yellow
bright yellow with a black sash tied in a lovely bow, with a fascinator and crazy shoes that are either super platform or that tie right up over my knees.

(secretly, this is all i'm looking forward to right now. finishing.)

evil_kitten

HSC
bright yellow with a black sash tied in a lovely bow, with a fascinator and crazy shoes that are either super platform or that tie right up over my knees.

i have hectic silver heels =D

I Study Hard

HSC
Alot of people make their own dresses. I was thinking about getting my mum to help me make one but i already have the perfect dress to wear. I didn't buy it specifically for the formal, its something i already had but have never worn before and its really pretty. A light metallic blue silky material (i'm not good with identifying materials and such) and its got a full skirt that goes all the way down to the floor, and a top with gold embroidery (indian style) and pretty things stuck to the top. Hard to explain but its a beautiful outfit.

evil_kitten

HSC
Alot of people make their own dresses. I was thinking about getting my mum to help me make one but i already have the perfect dress to wear. I didn't buy it specifically for the formal, its something i already had but have never worn before and its really pretty. A light metallic blue silky material (i'm not good with identifying materials and such) and its got a full skirt that goes all the way down to the floor, and a top with gold embroidery (indian style) and pretty things stuck to the top. Hard to explain but its a beautiful outfit.
sounds awesome =D

Jazicat

HSC
hehe pretty things. thats so cute.
sounds amazing!

i have a hectic 104 pair shoe collection :S

housah0lic

Dr Greenthumb
HSC

oh my lord

I Study Hard

HSC
Wow, Jazicat..can i come over and borrow some shoes please? ;D
But seriously, I would love to have that many shoes, i'm so picky though so i hardly ever find a pair i like enough to buy =(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)