Andrew Bird, Joanna Newsom, Grizzly Bear, The Midde East, who's going? (1 Viewer)

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
i know i am going to the grizzly show on the same night as patrick watson @ the recital hall and possibly at the barracks as well. im seeing newsom twice including once for free where i will probably meet her. i will be so nervous, i have an amazing crush on her :eek:

css

HSC
and you could probably hear the music from martin place
i got my id a few days ago so i might just go if i can find tickets somewhere. lamehouse on you not being old enough.

css

HSC
i know i am going to the grizzly show on the same night as patrick watson @ the recital hall and possibly at the barracks as well. im seeing newsom twice including once for free where i will probably meet her. i will be so nervous, i have an amazing crush on her :eek:
ps i hate you :eek:

philphie

Banned
HSC
haha same night? how're you going to both? are you seeing newsom at the opera house? is the freebie and meetup some comp prize?

philphie

Banned
HSC
i got my id a few days ago so i might just go if i can find tickets somewhere. lamehouse on you not being old enough.
most likely sold out considering how cheap the tickets were. lol is the id legit or McLovin?

css

HSC
most likely sold out considering how cheap the tickets were. lol is the id legit or McLovin?
it's seriously soldout. but, money is no object at the moment.

oh it's totally mclovin but my accent makes it legit

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
haha same night? how're you going to both? are you seeing newsom at the opera house? is the freebie and meetup some comp prize?
no no i mean they set one of the recital hall shows so that you could see p watson and then march off to see grizzly or something, and that's the show i am going to.

i am going to the opera house show, but also the one in thirroul (i live down there) and i am very good friends with the sound/lighting dude who can get me free entry and almost certainly a meeting with her before/after. it should be so nice and chilled, plus jens is supporting and he is so adorable.

philphie

Banned
HSC
no no i mean they set one of the recital hall shows so that you could see p watson and then march off to see grizzly or something, and that's the show i am going to.

i am going to the opera house show, but also the one in thirroul (i live down there) and i am very good friends with the sound/lighting dude who can get me free entry and almost certainly a meeting with her before/after. it should be so nice and chilled, plus jens is supporting and he is so adorable.
luckkkyss you luuuckkkyyys you, i guess i'll see you at the opera house concert. i got my tix a bit late though so i've got seats in the circle box i think, can't remember.

well once you see her personally can i give you a photo of me to show to her to see if she wants to go out with me?

philphie

Banned
HSC
it's seriously soldout. but, money is no object at the moment.

oh it's totally mclovin but my accent makes it legit
haha gonna buy off a scalper? any price under $90 i think would be reasonable for that concert.

accent...Scottish?

philphie

Banned
HSC
i think i got 3rd row or something. and no, she's mine.

sorry :eek:
lucky. if i didn't have hsc exams going on i wouldve got them earlier. i thought the student discounts would have been good for this but they sucked... i remmeber for kronos quartet i got front row seats for $20!!! they played sigur ros as well and i was the only person in the hall to go crazy, had a whole bunch of ABC classic fm people staring at me...

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
lucky. if i didn't have hsc exams going on i wouldve got them earlier. i thought the student discounts would have been good for this but they sucked... i remmeber for kronos quartet i got front row seats for $20!!! they played sigur ros as well and i was the only person in the hall to go crazy, had a whole bunch of ABC classic fm people staring at me...
that seems to happen a lot - i dont think ive ever gotten a decent student discount on modern hipster opera house shows (ben folds, joanna, even syd fest shows like sufjan) but you can go see the symphony or other classical shows for really cheaply if you are under 35. it's funny the way they try and balance the crowds like that, i guess they know that any indie kid is going to pay $70 anyway for those kinds of acts

css

HSC
haha gonna buy off a scalper? any price under $90 i think would be reasonable for that concert.

accent...Scottish?
it's heading towards flat skippy now but it used to be a bit london, a bit jordy. fortunately it comes back when im a bit dizzy. the jordy sounds scottish to some people but i don't do achs.

philphie

Banned
HSC
that seems to happen a lot - i dont think ive ever gotten a decent student discount on modern hipster opera house shows (ben folds, joanna, even syd fest shows like sufjan) but you can go see the symphony or other classical shows for really cheaply if you are under 35. it's funny the way they try and balance the crowds like that, i guess they know that any indie kid is going to pay $70 anyway for those kinds of acts
sufjan!!!!!!!! that was 07 syd fest wasn't it!!!!! so jealous of you right now. what ever happened to his 50 state album project!?!?!? it's been years since he had a new album, i need a new alubm so he can tour here so i can finally see his amazing butterfly wings live!!!!!!

yeah classical shows give out great student discounts especially for Prokofiev, i think the only show that didn't have a good one was when the london symphony orchestra came to visit, that one was real pricey.

true with the indie kid thing, for most of them, money is no object because they just sponge of their parents

philphie

Banned
HSC
it's heading towards flat skippy now but it used to be a bit london, a bit jordy. fortunately it comes back when im a bit dizzy. the jordy sounds scottish to some people but i don't do achs.
wait so is the accent natural or just an act?

Born Dancer

I can't go for that
HSC
sufjan!!!!!!!! that was 07 syd fest wasn't it!!!!! so jealous of you right now. what ever happened to his 50 state album project!?!?!? it's been years since he had a new album, i need a new alubm so he can tour here so i can finally see his amazing butterfly wings live!!!!!!

yeah classical shows give out great student discounts especially for Prokofiev, i think the only show that didn't have a good one was when the london symphony orchestra came to visit, that one was real pricey.

true with the indie kid thing, for most of them, money is no object because they just sponge of their parents
it was an absolutely amazing show. i had a picture of him in the wings as my computer desktop for such a long time beforehand. im pretty sure it was the same year i saw joanna at the opera house - a good year for live music.

i'll be interested to see if he continues the 50 state project or not, illinois and michigan are so perfect in their own right though. i havent listened to all of BQE but i remember he played one part of one track live when he came out here. he probably wouldnt tour here for that but it would be cool for him to do a screening with the soundtrack live like he did in NY a couple of months ago

philphie

Banned
HSC
haha no it's genuine. it's a bit more of a struggle now cause i havent been back for ages.
so you are from England i'm safely assuming? where are you from in England?

philphie

Banned
HSC
it was an absolutely amazing show. i had a picture of him in the wings as my computer desktop for such a long time beforehand. im pretty sure it was the same year i saw joanna at the opera house - a good year for live music.

i'll be interested to see if he continues the 50 state project or not, illinois and michigan are so perfect in their own right though. i havent listened to all of BQE but i remember he played one part of one track live when he came out here. he probably wouldnt tour here for that but it would be cool for him to do a screening with the soundtrack live like he did in NY a couple of months ago
so does BQE count as his album for New York? yeah i'm a bit pessimistic about aufjan ever returning...

other than that the only recent thing i've heard from him is the score he did for natalie portman's directorial debut in the short film Eve

css

HSC
so you are from England i'm safely assuming? where are you from in England?
My family comes from the Isle of Wight and Bath, but cause my mum and dad are politics and army we lived in London for a while.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)