The Woolworths Thread (4 Viewers)

TG Fan

HSC
N/A
Besides, one word to our SSM and I will get exactly what I want ;)
I'd be doing that no matter what anyway and explain the conversation.

That is total BS and that CSM should be very careful how she approaches situations such as yours, with it being a medical emergency and all.

HSC
I'd be doing that no matter what anyway and explain the conversation.

That is total BS and that CSM should be very careful how she approaches situations such as yours, with it being a medical emergency and all.
He knows there is an issue, don't get me wrong. Unfortunately his advice of "wait for July" isn't helping day to day. Also the fact that although he portrays this whole tough italian mafia kid image, he doesn't do anything about anything. All he does is feed the conflict just for his own enjoyment.
So essentially, any issue regarding bullying/harrassment would be pointless going to him, as he's probably one of the biggest culprits himself.

bdude, where did you find a copy of our current agreement?

As much as this sounds pathetic, hopefully the swelling doesn't go down too much by tomorrow night, then she can see that I've actually got an issue. Not that its should matter of course. Thankfully though, its nowhere as bad as it was yesterday - amazing what some good painkillers/anti-inflammatories will do. :)

Last edited:

jgibson0011

HSC
N/A
Arrgh...work is refusing to give me my roster over the phone because apparently people are making mistakes and then not showing up at work. :angry:

BSammy

HSC
Surely they'd have more people not turning up if they aren't allowed to be told their roster.

brookie94

HSC
She makes everyone upset every day, I'm just the idiot who can't help but show it so she gets her little power trip.
Its allright, seriously. I'm going to check up on rosters tomorrow night (drafts or costings at least should be available). Just, you know, I thought that being able to talk was an integral part of my job, and I can't guarantee that I will be able to.

Besides, one word to our SSM and I will get exactly what I want ;)
Jess, your CSM sounds like the BIGGEST tool I've ever heard of! And you aren't an idiot for showing that your upset! Just next
time she yells, take a deep breathe and be calm and THEN say what you want to say. The less emotion you show around her, the less satisfication she will get out of yelling at you and everyone else. I feel so sorry for you because Mmacka is right, even though we haven't see you at work, when you come home and you've been around her, almost every time, you've been upset :( I really think you should have a word to someone else, you are in pain obviously and can't wait for the surgery so you can't help it!
Good luck with the surgery love :) and I hope you get it all sorted out :)

yoddle

is cool
HSC
Hi. Speaking of evacuations, does everyone have an oldish looking poster at the Service Desk which says exactly what to say over the PA in the event of a building emergency? There was one that was tacked to the wall at my old store that had a step by step instruction on what to say, but there is not one at my current store and I don't think there has ever been.

The alarms kept fucking up the other day and every manager on the call out list got called during the night because it just kept going off and off and off and then when they were trying to fix it the power cut out for a second, then the doors jumped off their chains and started closing on some old people so we had to put the guide dog in the way, ANYWAY, point of the story is it made me think about what da hell happens in an evac. I've never even been there during a drill.

On a non-Woolworths related note, I just booked a bus to Croatia.

Last edited:
HSC
Jess, your CSM sounds like the BIGGEST tool I've ever heard of! And you aren't an idiot for showing that your upset! Just next
time she yells, take a deep breathe and be calm and THEN say what you want to say. The less emotion you show around her, the less satisfication she will get out of yelling at you and everyone else. I feel so sorry for you because Mmacka is right, even though we haven't see you at work, when you come home and you've been around her, almost every time, you've been upset :( I really think you should have a word to someone else, you are in pain obviously and can't wait for the surgery so you can't help it!
Good luck with the surgery love :) and I hope you get it all sorted out :)
Haha thanks Brooke :) I'm not angry ALL the time, I promise.

I'm going to see the doctors again today, from what they told me over the phone I won't even need time off work at all, they just told me that I couldn't drive home. But I can't see how thats going to work out? :uhoh: Maybe I'm just panicking over nothing.

At this rate I'm going to be a painkiller addict VERY soon though, if I wasn't already :drink:

Woo, massive pay for last week though :)

HSC
Hi. Speaking of evacuations, does everyone have an oldish looking poster at the Service Desk which says exactly what to say over the PA in the event of a building emergency? There was one that was tacked to the wall at my old store that had a step by step instruction on what to say, but there is not one at my current store and I don't think there has ever been.

The alarms kept fucking up the other day and every manager on the call out list got called during the night because it just kept going off and off and off and then when they were trying to fix it the power cut out for a second, then the doors jumped off their chains and me and the LLM started closing on some old people so we had to put the guide dog in the way, ANYWAY, point of the story is it made me think about what da hell happens in an evac. I've never even been there during a drill.

There is not one at ours either. For us, we've just been told to keep the customers updated, step by step. ie - First alarms, let them know we are investigating the situation and have contacted centre management, but would like them to be on standby for an evacuation. Once we know we have to evacuate (our evacuation alarms go off ALL the time, so we're pretty relaxed about it now), something along the lines of "We are evacuating this store, please take your personal belongings with you, leave your groceries where they are and exit the centre through the Rebel Sport exit immediately".

Of course, you'd like to think that you'd have a manager who had been involved in a drill/evacuation before. Last night they were extremely lucky because there were NO customers in the store (it was extremely rainy, plus noone knows we're open), so I think at the first alarms the nightfillers went around looking for people. But there was a drill only a few weeks ago, except of course that was a Tuesday at 9am, so weekend/night/afternoon staff wouldn't have a clue what to do.

I love evacuations, but I wouldn't have loved last nights. A few weeks ago I got abused by a customer because I laughed when the evacuation alarms went off, she was extremely offended lol.

How long til you leave?

yoddle

is cool
HSC
There is not one at ours either. For us, we've just been told to keep the customers updated, step by step. ie - First alarms, let them know we are investigating the situation and have contacted centre management, but would like them to be on standby for an evacuation. Once we know we have to evacuate (our evacuation alarms go off ALL the time, so we're pretty relaxed about it now), something along the lines of "We are evacuating this store, please take your personal belongings with you, leave your groceries where they are and exit the centre through the Rebel Sport exit immediately".

Of course, you'd like to think that you'd have a manager who had been involved in a drill/evacuation before. Last night they were extremely lucky because there were NO customers in the store (it was extremely rainy, plus noone knows we're open), so I think at the first alarms the nightfillers went around looking for people. But there was a drill only a few weeks ago, except of course that was a Tuesday at 9am, so weekend/night/afternoon staff wouldn't have a clue what to do.

I love evacuations, but I wouldn't have loved last nights. A few weeks ago I got abused by a customer because I laughed when the evacuation alarms went off, she was extremely offended lol.

How long til you leave?
Oh yes you're in a shopping centre. That would makes things a bit different I guess. I've only ever worked in stand alone stores. I mean capable person at my store could make up an announcement like you guys do, but I actually think most of them would just not say anything at all and not know what to do and just yell at customers. Which is why I think we need the sign to tell everyone what to say.

I leave on the 22nd May. Hoping that the Red Shirts don't blockade the airport again.

HSC
Oh yes you're in a shopping centre. That would makes things a bit different I guess. I've only ever worked in stand alone stores. I mean capable person at my store could make up an announcement like you guys do, but I actually think most of them would just not say anything at all and not know what to do and just yell at customers. Which is why I think we need the sign to tell everyone what to say.

I leave on the 22nd May. Hoping that the Red Shirts don't blockade the airport again.
I agree, such a sign would make things heaps easier. The only reason why I'm confident with them is because I was involved in a pretty serious evacuation a few years ago and had to play a pretty big role in that.
Also, like I've said, our alarms go off all the time so I've had to mentally prepare myself several zillion times of what needs to be said/done etc.

Not long now :D I'm extremely jealous.

brookie94

HSC
Haha thanks Brooke :) I'm not angry ALL the time, I promise.

I'm going to see the doctors again today, from what they told me over the phone I won't even need time off work at all, they just told me that I couldn't drive home. But I can't see how thats going to work out? :uhoh: Maybe I'm just panicking over nothing.

At this rate I'm going to be a painkiller addict VERY soon though, if I wasn't already :drink:

Woo, massive pay for last week though :)
hahaha nah, I know you're not always angry, it's ok :) I was just pointing out that she must be a bad CSM for making our Jess mad :p

haha well, you don't wanna have something done and be straight back at work do you???? Lol that would suck!
Lol! Painkillers are good! ;) hahahahahaha!

Omg! Same! I got my biggest pay yet! :D even bigger one this week I think WOOO!! Lol

oh and btw Jess, you should come on facebook chat and talk to me!! Lol :D

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
We have like a booklet type thing by the main phones which explains how to handle events such as: fire evacuations, emergency evacuations, robberies, armed hold ups, bomb scares etc

ytrbut

HSC
We have like a booklet type thing by the main phones which explains how to handle events such as: fire evacuations, emergency evacuations, robberies, armed hold ups, bomb scares etc
Procedure:
1) Scream loudly.
2) Check the alarm panel to see wtf is going on.
3) If it's something which appears real, scream loudly again.
4) Disregard PA style guidelines, tell duty manager there's something going on over the PA.
5) Find my staff, and yell for them to find the nearest safe exit.
6) Scream loudly.
7) Run out the aforementioned nearest safe exit.
8) Post hilarious "lol evacuation at work" status updates on Facebook.
9) (optional) If work is on fire, attacked by explosives, flooded, attacked by aliens, or otherwise obviously disfigured, take pics and upload to Facebook.
10) Gawk at unnecessary amounts of emergency personnel who rock up to deal with whatever the situation was.

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Procedure:
1) Scream loudly.
4) Disregard PA style guidelines, tell duty manager there's something going on over the PA.
6) Scream loudly.
9) (optional) If work is on fire, attacked by explosives, flooded, attacked by aliens, or otherwise obviously disfigured, take pics and upload to Facebook.
10) Gawk at unnecessary amounts of emergency personnel who rock up to deal with whatever the situation was.
11) Take your wallet with you so you can go to maccas.

Once we had to evacuate at my old store because of a really bad gas leak for 3 hours and everyone went to maccas. :D

HSC
Procedure:
1) Scream loudly.
6) Scream loudly.
I have done the bold. Add 10 calls to centre management and a conversation with the Kmart manager as to decide whether to evacuate or not.

Except my photos were of the emergency personnel who came out ;)

But the best, by far, was a separate occassion where I got sent to Centre Management by our SM (their phone lines were jammed, we couldn't get through for ages), and when I came back the store doors were closed, noone was at the evacuation point, but noone would answer the back dock bell to let me back in. Thankfully a mate of mine who works at KMart let me use his phone for an obligatory "hello, have you all been abducted by aliens? LET ME BACK IN THE STORE!" phone call.

Good news though, my jaw isn't as bad as first though, the plate that needs to be removed doesn't need to be replaced :D AND I can get my braces off at the same time. :D :D

Last edited:

brookie94

HSC
I have done the bold. Add 10 calls to centre management and a conversation with the Kmart manager as to decide whether to evacuate or not.

Except my photos were of the emergency personnel who came out ;)

But the best, by far, was a separate occassion where I got sent to Centre Management by our SM (their phone lines were jammed, we couldn't get through for ages), and when I came back the store doors were closed, noone was at the evacuation point, but noone would answer the back dock bell to let me back in. Thankfully a mate of mine who works at KMart let me use his phone for an obligatory "hello, have you all been abducted by aliens? LET ME BACK IN THE STORE!" phone call.

Good news though, my jaw isn't as bad as first though, the plate that needs to be removed doesn't need to be replaced :D AND I can get my braces off at the same time. :D :D
HAHAHA have you all been abducted by aliens?? Lol

Awwwww! That's great news about your braces and plate Jess!!! :D

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Longshot but does anyone have a black vest/pullover they're are trying to sell? I'm looking to buy one before the cold days roll in.
B10 by ytrbut, but yeah, I wear a plain black vest... they're awesome for when I really just cbf ironing!

I just wear plain black ones I bought from Target, cos with my namebadge it's sufficiently branded to be acceptable. It's been a long time (probably about a year and a half) since I've worked a shift without a vest...it's rather my trademark at work :)
It's becoming mine too!!

From Tassie??? Talk about long distance bus trips!! :p
~~ I'm so funny :hippie:

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Went in at 5am today. Deli manager comes in at 5:15 and starts slicing, goes home 45 mins later - sick. opened deli solo, my first open too... I think I did a good job, was not a fan of the 4.5 hours of work before a tea break. shit sucks.
Try like 6 hours+ before a tea break ;)

:drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink: :drink:

HSC
Best customer today, middle age man comes in with his two daughters buys a copy of new moon and calls Jacob and Edward "Scrumptious!" haha I was pissing myself inside. Eugh 8 hours till work :(

Pretty good shift today, served in express till about 12:30, then did stock till 1 finished a trolley, and then served till about 2:55, went on my 45 got back about 3:45 and did some more stock and then had an hour left, went fast and ah relaxing now! :D

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)