The Woolworths Thread (2 Viewers)

HSC
the supervisors know the combo to the safe?
wth!

Roster Next week.

Tuesday: 16:30-19:30 Supervision
19:30-20:15 Liquor Assistant
21:00-24:15: Operator

Wednesday: 16:15-24:15 Supervision

Saturday: 18:00-24:15 Supervision

:)
No ANZAC Day
All of our supervisors have safe combos. But we have to pack up the tills into safe at close.
I am super pro now :)

HSC
Such a routine thing now :tongue: But it adds stacks more time to close if you're by yourself.
Besides, I thought that was a key part of phoenix?
i have no idea what Phoenix is?
and we only have the supervisor and one cashier, taking out the 4 last draws at midnight.
most get taken out when liquor closes at 11pm.

HSC
i have no idea what Phoenix is?
and we only have the supervisor and one cashier, taking out the 4 last draws at midnight.
most get taken out when liquor closes at 11pm.
See our office cashiers leave up to 2 hours before close. I know there are stores where there isn't anyone there after 10/11am! So the supervisors have to be able to take the draws up themselves. It used to be done by the DM, but now whoever is manager leaves as soon as the last customers are gone.
Essentially, its a way to save money in nontrade, and increase the workload of service (but not the hours they're given). Well thats my experience anyway.

HSC
See our office cashiers leave up to 2 hours before close. I know there are stores where there isn't anyone there after 10/11am! So the supervisors have to be able to take the draws up themselves. It used to be done by the DM, but now whoever is manager leaves as soon as the last customers are gone.
Essentially, its a way to save money in nontrade, and increase the workload of service (but not the hours they're given). Well thats my experience anyway.
I wish that would happen at our store.
DM either leaves with me at 12:15am after the draws have been taken out, or she stays back later.
some nights there is someone in the office who we take draws out with before they go.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
So if Duty Manager's leave, who locks up and alarms the store at night? The Supervisors?

I am the only person who is a Key holder who is a non duty manager (apart from the bakers) at my store, that's mainly because I'm only a 2 minute drive from work and second on the call out list (SM first).

Your store must have a lot of trust in the Supervisors to give them Safe numbers. Here, only the SM, SSM and Duty Manager's have safe numbers. We have a pin pad and also spin dial, which a few years ago only the bakers knew the combination of the spin dial, and everyone else only had a combination for the pin pad, so at any point in time you needed two people to open the safe. But that was eliminated a few months ago.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I wish that would happen at our store.
DM either leaves with me at 12:15am after the draws have been taken out, or she stays back later.
some nights there is someone in the office who we take draws out with before they go.
This is exactly what happened at my old store, which is open til midnight, so i reckon this is a security thing. We had cash office kids til 10PM as well, who took most of them up before they left, then the dm and supervisor took the last 6 or whatever we used until middy. However at my current store, which is a lot less busy than babikakez's, only duty managers and cash office kids know the safe combo.

Lordtopcat you guys must have had trust in your bakers as well, ours always looked dodgy as.

HSC
So if Duty Manager's leave, who locks up and alarms the store at night? The Supervisors?

I am the only person who is a Key holder who is a non duty manager (apart from the bakers) at my store, that's mainly because I'm only a 2 minute drive from work and second on the call out list (SM first).

Your store must have a lot of trust in the Supervisors to give them Safe numbers. Here, only the SM, SSM and Duty Manager's have safe numbers. We have a pin pad and also spin dial, which a few years ago only the bakers knew the combination of the spin dial, and everyone else only had a combination for the pin pad, so at any point in time you needed two people to open the safe. But that was eliminated a few months ago.
At the moment, our store is actually only empty on Sunday nights because of our massive bakery production.
Only the supervisors that do close shifts have safe numbers - but thats still CSM/2IC/3IC plus three others. Basically as soon as you have to close without one of them (or one of the liquor assistants who are actually SSA's) - bam, safe numbers are yours.

lordtopcat

Woolworths Bitch
HSC
Yeah I guess it is different for bigger stores. Like us, as soon as the DM leaves at 22.15/30 ish, there is no one in store until 3am when our baker starts.

Just found out that Greg Foran was in the country opening one of our new stores. The SM of the new store must have felt a bit intimidated, because not only was he there, but Peter Smith (Managing Director Progressive) Brett Ashley (GM Fresh) Dave Chambers (GM Supermarkets) Murray Johnston (GM Merchandise) his area manager and regional manager were all there at the opening. I bet he was crapping himself the day before!

Last edited:

kevin94

HSC
I'm 15 and thinking of applying for nightfill.. is it a good position to apply for??
and it's casual so do you think they would let me finish sometime like before 10pm?

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
Yeah that's what i thought when I wrote it, but i didn't think that anyone would have such a Dad sense of humour.
Yeahhhh I have a Dad sense of humour when I'm tired (always) :p

You know girls always say that but it's ALWAYS the other way round.
I think it's just an excuse - for girls AND gay guys :p - pretty much allowing us to think that we have no chance due to their sexual orientation, rather than the fact that they're just too... gorgeous. Haha.

Bakery has a dock key. Though we're meant to always leave it at work.

Our bread production starts at like 10 the night before. Our store is never empty lol.
In our region (7) they're appaz trying to have all bakers start at 3 am.
NOT COOL.

wixxy2348

goldmambo #5.
HSC
I'm 15 and thinking of applying for nightfill.. is it a good position to apply for??
and it's casual so do you think they would let me finish sometime like before 10pm?
No. You need a later availability than that to be useful in nightfill, imo.
If you're 15 and still at school, some NSW law also prevents you from working later than 10 pm (or some bs time like that) on school nights. You're better off applying for grocery (dayfill), freshies or front end.

yoddle

is cool
HSC
I think it's just an excuse - for girls AND gay guys :p - pretty much allowing us to think that we have no chance due to their sexual orientation, rather than the fact that they're just too... gorgeous. Haha.
The harsh truth.

7-5 supervision tomorrow, and i'm preparing for a showdown with the SSM. She made us not replace 8-5 sickness, which would mean that we have three operators all day. I was like "no", so CSM snuck in a 9-5er without asking. I just hope she doesn't notice, I'll just avoid her all day, because she's already shirty about having to do 6-4 saturday and tomoz (train another duty manager ffs). BEDTIME.

HSC
The harsh truth.

7-5 supervision tomorrow, and i'm preparing for a showdown with the SSM. She made us not replace 8-5 sickness, which would mean that we have three operators all day. I was like "no", so CSM snuck in a 9-5er without asking. I just hope she doesn't notice, I'll just avoid her all day, because she's already shirty about having to do 6-4 saturday and tomoz (train another duty manager ffs). BEDTIME.
9-7 tmoz, 9-5.30 sup and 5.30-7 cash office. I've just had two operators tell me (via facebook, how convenient) that they're not coming in. I've already replaced one of them, I'm not being short tomorrow (even though we won't be because there's two supervisors on ALL DAY AS SUPERVISORS tomorrow - hello slack day :))

lol, it just occurred to me that the 19 year old who's covering the 14 year old tmoz isn't going to go down that well :(

Last edited:

MMacka

HSC
N/A
Just had one of the most horrible days in Bakery today. Had one bakery assistant go home sick and we had the 2IC that doesn't help us pack production at all and takes super long lunch/tea breaks.

So that left me and another bakery assistant packing production and we didn't finish until 2:30pm. Then at 2:45pm I took my hour lunch break (I started at 8am) and started markdowns at 4pm, then I had to go on express. Then back to markdowns and then filling a massive amount of proprietary left over from today for tomorrow and then reduced for the next few days because the bakery assistant in tomorrow doesn't know how to do markdowns and I don't trust the 2IC not to do a shit job. Then I did all the bakery dumps and we had about 6 big green bins left over (surprise surprise over production as usual).

Freezer fill wasn't done today, although I did a massive one yesterday and it will be sort of good Monday because I am getting sick coming in and having heaps of special stock left over from the week before.

Glad I managed to get the day off tomorrow. My nerves are in bits. :(

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)