Recommended Textbooks (1 Viewer)

TheGreatest99.95

Premium Member
HSC
Im new to Bored Of Studies and i was wondering what are the best textbooks or studyguides for Chemistry, Biology, Economics, Business Studies, Mathematics and Standard English in the Preliminary HSC (Year 11)

Any answers will be muchly appreciated

Omnipotence

Kendrick Lamar
HSC
Uni Grad
Chemistry - Jacaranda Chemistry 1
Mathematics - Fitzpatrick 2U (yellow book)

Eddy Q

OINK
HSC
Chemistry - I used Chemistry Contexts and it worked fine. Conquering chemistry may be better though. DO NOT get excel, I hated it.
Economics - All I used was The Market Economy (Leading Edge) and it served me well. You might want to take a peek at John Bulmer's textbook Introduction to Updated Economics as well if you library has one or if you have money to waste, it has pretty good information but it's not necessary. DO NOT get excel, I hated this too.
Mathematics - New Senior Mathematics 2U (Fitzpatrick). ALL you will need if you are competent at maths.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
They're alright for the questions but some of the answers can be dodgy/incorrect.

Somebody here before suggested to borrow the book out of the library and then photocopy the pages you needed. Much cheaper that way.

Eddy Q

OINK
HSC
Thanks for the warning because i was gonna spend over $200 on excel Textbooks
Thank god. That could've been a very regrettable decision I assure you. Although the only Excel book I found that was pretty damn decent was the Studies of Religion Excel book. It was pretty informative and was very useful. Although I really don't care for SOR.

They're alright for the questions but some of the answers can be dodgy/incorrect.

Somebody here before suggested to borrow the book out of the library and then photocopy the pages you needed. Much cheaper that way.
That was me and I didn't regret it. Although I liked the whole Chemistry Dot Point series, Physics Dot Point kind of sucked for me. It seemed like the author didn't put much effort into making the book, especially the investigation version of the dot point book.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
That was me and I didn't regret it. Although I liked the whole Chemistry Dot Point series, Physics Dot Point kind of sucked for me. It seemed like the author didn't put much effort into making the book, especially the investigation version of the dot point book.
So it was you? You are king.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
Cambridge is good overall for 3U, Terry Lee is good for the worked solutions in the textbook.

Overall, if you're looking for questions, any textbook/past paper will work.

Eddy Q

OINK
HSC
Cambridge is good overall for 3U, Terry Lee is good for the worked solutions in the textbook.

Overall, if you're looking for questions, any textbook/past paper will work.
+! Although Terry Lee is mostly HSC related stuff isn't it?

Deer

Premium Member
HSC
Are the new chem and bio excel books still bad? I didn't use them last year, but a few of my friends had the new thicker ones and they actually looked pretty decent.

slyhunter

Retired
HSC
One of my friends said it was better than previous editions but not enough to base study enough.

I just don't recommend Excel in general.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)