English trials? (1 Viewer)

muzeikchun852

HSC
CSSA

Anyone here do ESL?
We had to use first person for the 7 marker creative writing yeh??
I think im screwed.
that was shxt. I though you have to do an analysis of one of the texts but the whole paper wasn't too bad.

essay was easy to adopt.

umz93

HSC
Oh man here we go, why'd you mention we need one (to the other person). No we don't need a title (Y)
Hey im in the same boat, and i was just starting to feel happy with my creative writing...

mangoz

HSC
hahaha yes you do need one!
Obviously we are seeing some CONFLICTING PERPSECTIVES haha well my teachers a senior marker and he says you don't need one so i'll be safe from my school's trial. I might add one in my future HSC exam though.

caffren

HSC
oooft, left 10 minutesfor short answer. argghhhhhhh, time management = fail.
short answe rbetter get at least 12/15
essay = band 4 ish.

tuesday = english paper 2
wednesday = biology
thursday = SOR2
monday = maths and business
tuesday physics

GAYEST TIMETABLE MUCH?

krnofdrg

Mq Law Student :)
HSC
Uni Grad
I had some really weird things.

1st text facebook
-Multiple images of different people and appearences forms a sense of cohesive belonging between people.
2nd The pie
-Recurring motif of the pie is symbolic of his strong relationship with the Australian culture and also evocative of his life in Australia.

3rd
Poem

-Serene Imagery of the sun pollen or some thing , I said it enables him to connect to the environment and gain a sense of belonging.

Fourth

-I wrote unity is required during times of hardships and to also create a strong sense of belonging.

-Conflict between the protaganist and her friend causes loss of belonging or etc.

Comparison of two texts

Text four versus Text one facebook. (Mainly said about relationships of people how its fundamental in shaping one's belonging)

Can anyone confirm my ideas were valid or not?

mangoz

HSC
I had some really weird things.

1st text facebook
-Multiple images of different people and appearences forms a sense of cohesive belonging between people.
2nd The pie
-Recurring motif of the pie is symbolic of his strong relationship with the Australian culture and also evocative of his life in Australia.

3rd
Poem

-Serene Imagery of the sun pollen or some thing , I said it enables him to connect to the environment and gain a sense of belonging.

Fourth

-I wrote unity is required during times of hardships and to also create a strong sense of belonging.

-Conflict between the protaganist and her friend causes loss of belonging or etc.

Comparison of two texts

Text four versus Text one facebook. (Mainly said about relationships of people how its fundamental in shaping one's belonging)

Can anyone confirm my ideas were valid or not?
Looks fine. Tbh if you have the ideas, what it comes down to is how well you articulate your ideas through textual evidence and techniques whilst linking it back to the question and the concept of belonging.

anne1010

HSC
Did creative first... talked about place more abstractly as in understanding one's place in the modern world. Also wrote some bullshit about the stickfigure family as a metaphor. (≈900 words/4.5 pages in 36 mins) Hoping for 13+

Did Section 1 next which I think I did alright at (≈3.5 pages). Mushroomer wrote about the personification of the tree in the last stanza. For Facebook wrote how the individual images show how important maintaining a unique identity is to achieving a sense of belonging. However, when we belong to a group our individualism is eroded, evidenced in the organization of the photos into the logo of Facebook, etc. Compared the article to the autobiography for the last part. Spent too long on this part though, will probs do it last for the actual HSC. Hoping for 13+

Essay was fucked. Had like 1300 words prepared and only had like 40 minutes left. Had to make a lot of bullshit up in explaining my quotes and having linking sentences, cause I pretty much went in with only techniques and quotes memorised. Although 1 ORT was good cause it meant I cut out heaps of my prepared essay. Conclusion was a piece of shit though. Answered the question pretty well in terms of linking my ideas back to it, so it doesn't look memorised. (≈800 words/4.5 pages) Hoping for 12+

I hope my rank is good though for this cause I wanna move into top 5 after trial. Currently coming 6th (Advanced) and separated from 4th by less than a mark grrrr.
lol dont do the short answers last...you would've just spent 10 mins reading about them. if you do the other two, youll still have to skim through the texts again trying to remember your answers...

mark H

HSC
Can someone please remind me was the question EXACTLY "The challenge to belonging may be resisted or accepted". I know it was something along those lines. THX in advance

mo0ki

HSC
fucked up but I WILL NOT BE PHASED.

+motivation aswell i guess

smartalec

HSC
the challenge to belong may be resisted or embraced im pretty sure.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Can someone please remind me was the question EXACTLY "The challenge to belonging may be resisted or accepted". I know it was something along those lines. THX in advance
It was something like "Challenges to belong can be embraced or resisted. How is this explored through you prescribed text and ONE other related text."
I'm pretty sure it was exactly that.

mangoz

HSC
What's a good mark to expect for paper 1. Is 80-85% a solid mark?
What do you mean by "good". I reckon good is when all your papers are in an A range standard hence 86% + o.o

terrible grammar

Last edited:

mark H

HSC
Give me some details of what you people did for ur creative writing as well as the questions.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Good mark for me currently is probably 34... :( I wanted 40...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)