Should I buy a PS3 or an Xbox? (1 Viewer)

go

• ps3

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • xbox

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Console is a completely different experience to playing on a PC. I have a PS3 and an XBOX i would take the XBOX anyday, i don't even use the PS3 it's shit. WOW free online where hardly anyone plays and there is NO interaction what so ever. COD on XBOX can have over 300,000 people online at once and it's actually good competition. Halo is still good i have both halo 3 and halo reach there is just fewer people who play those games online now since they are competing witht he likes of CoD. Oh yeah and what console was it that got hacked? lawl there goes their so called security. XBOX FTW.
I never had a problem finding a match on the ps3. Yes live is better than psn, but psn is free and therefore more economical if you can't
to afford to dish out the money.

You do realise PSN was the hardest one to hack? The only reason they got hacked was because of the fact Sony too a guy to court for jailbreaking their console whereas Microsoft just let it run when the xbox was jailbroken. Company's fault, not the console's.

Last edited:

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
Yes there are no problems finding games on PS3.

Consoles are a good option for people like me who don't play many games and who use a laptop as their main computer. Even if I was still using a normal desktop, I can't see the value in continuously updating it when I only really play two games.

mirakon

nigga
HSC
a lot of the best pc games are the old school one's like planescape torment, original deus ex etc. which you don't need an uber pc to play anyway

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Yes there are no problems finding games on PS3.

Consoles are a good option for people like me who don't play many games and who use a laptop as their main computer. Even if I was still using a normal desktop, I can't see the value in continuously updating it when I only really play two games.
I have a laptop and game on it :) it's beast, but I'm going to build a desktop soon. Laptops get way too hot and lack that beastie power seen in desktops. If you only play two games then there's no need to upgrade ur PC.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
GT5.....thats the reason you get a ps3
I have it, but don't really see anything special about the game. Sure it has nice textures, but maybe I'm not a fan of racing simulators. I'm more into arcade racers or open world racers.

On another note, consider watching some videos (although they will probably confuse you more)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zmHY_VnuDdE&feature=fvwrel (2009 video)

in summary, PS3's CPU is more RAWRRRR only when optimised by exclusive developers (which is like 1 out of every 10 games)
Xbox's CPU is more like a PCs CPU, thus it has more developers choosing it as their primary console for development.. (It's easier to program on the 360 due to its architecture of the CPU and that it has been out for 1 year longer than PS3).

However, over time more and more developers are learning how to code properly on the PS3...producing more sophisticated games.

In general most cross platform games will perform faster/better on a 360. I have seen this from experience. Also the 360 can multi task heaps more efficiently than a PS3, thus enabling cross game chat and custom soundtracks. due to the 360 HAVING 3 separate cores which can do their own thing, rather than the PS3 having one main dictator CORE (PPE) and 7 other slaves (SPEs) waiting to be told what to do, causing a bottleneck, which requires skill in programming the SPEs efficiently to overcome this problem.

Last edited:

M3H

B.a.n.n.e.d
HSC
Well, a lot of the fun FPS-type games are on both, so that doesn't really matter.

I do have a soft spot for fantasy/adventure RPG.
They tend to be more Xbox though, right?
always buy a pc for FPS, everything else ps3

muhahahahahaha

HSC
PS3...
but it sort of depends what type of games you are into. if youre into the hardcore killing games then xbox is the way to go...but i think that ps3 has excellent graphics.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
listen to this guy, he knows what he's talking about
But I already own one, plus all of the worth while games.
And I have one level left of Banjo Tooie until I finish all of them :(

except gt5 is boring
This. Racing games are shit IMO

always buy a pc for FPS, everything else ps3
I don't want a PC right now. I'm too broke/not serious enough for a PC

PS3...
but it sort of depends what type of games you are into. if youre into the hardcore killing games then xbox is the way to go...but i think that ps3 has excellent graphics.
Surely because the games are designed for xbox the graphics are optimised for the console? I don't really give a shit about graphics though.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A

ClockworkSoldier

Clockwork Army
HSC
Don't buy a new console/PC - upgrade your current PC (GPU, RAM etc.).

Cheaper than a new console, and your Core 2 Duo should be able to handle (most) new titles.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
I know the popular vote is PC/PS3 but there's a pretty good deal (I think) for the Xbox.
$400 for 250GB new, kinect, controller, 6 months live online, BF3 + 2 other games that I forgot the name of.
Good deal, y/n?

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I know the popular vote is PC/PS3 but there's a pretty good deal (I think) for the Xbox.
$400 for 250GB new, kinect, controller, 6 months live online, BF3 + 2 other games that I forgot the name of.
Good deal, y/n?
nice yeah seems good. Good price, since BF3 just came out.

COLDBOY

HSC
I do not have a PS3 so i will not dis about it.
However Xbox 360 has better and popular exclusive titles. i.e. Halo, Gears of War ...
Xbox Live you must pay unfortunately, however i find it of a very high quality service.
I myself am going to spend $1200+ on a new xbox 360 and a new tv and a couple of games after i finish the HSC. specifically Gears of War 3, Battlefield 3(also available on PS3), assassins creed brother hood, halo reach, fable 3, halo anniversary (15th November ), Assassins creed revelations (15th november).

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)