Should I buy a PS3 or an Xbox? (1 Viewer)

go

• ps3

Votes: 34 66.7%
  • xbox

Votes: 17 33.3%

• Total voters

zombies

HSC
I would check out the exclusives for each console and see which games you'd rather buy e.g. PS3 has demon's souls and heavy rain, xbox 360 has gears of war and halo and so on..
I don't have either (PC ftw) but I'd personally go for PS3 purely because it's Japanese.. haha

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
Until the moment you realise both deals are virtually of the same value. Oh noes : o and then you're staring at the sign all day, trying to decide which one to buy, only to chose one, bring it home, set it up, and wish you bought the other because you find problems with your current system (which will happen for both systems). Buy a PC, then if you have problems at least you know it can be fixed with simple tweaks or new hardware upgrades. And you won't get angry at yourself for choosing a console, that's most likely to be outdated in 1-3 years.
My current computer is working to well to excuse myself to buy a new PC right now. I figured, in 1-3 years, when my current PC has died, my console is out of date and I actually more than a part time washing up job, I'd buy myself a proper, decent computer for gaming.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
Kk. I'm in the same situation as the OP. I have no clue what to get and money isn't an issue.
I currently have 2 DSs, PS2 (with PS1&2 games), a wii and that's it I think.
What do you recommend?
Also, I don't really care for Halo but all my friends have it ao it would be nice to play online with them, but my Internet at the moment is the worst thing ever. So that's not a big factor.
I don't really want both because I'm not a complete rich cunt and I'm going to buy a nice tv to play on too.
Also, I like GTA, Fallout and all those games.

(sorry for hijacking thread)

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Kk. I'm in the same situation as the OP. I have no clue what to get and money isn't an issue.
I currently have 2 DSs, PS2 (with PS1&2 games), a wii and that's it I think.
What do you recommend?
Also, I don't really care for Halo but all my friends have it ao it would be nice to play online with them, but my Internet at the moment is the worst thing ever. So that's not a big factor.
I don't really want both because I'm not a complete rich cunt and I'm going to buy a nice tv to play on too.
Also, I like GTA, Fallout and all those games.

(sorry for hijacking thread)
PS3 because it has free online which is more economical for you.

Some Vunt

Banned
HSC
PS3 because it has free online which is more economical for you.
Money isn't really a factor for me. (I have like >$2k saved and I'm getting more from sources I can't speak of (I live in GWS))
And my internet is shit as hell and won't be fixed until I move in 1-2 years so net isn't a big factor.

HSC
why don't you just install some pc upgrades for superior everything everything 3v3ryth1ng

that said, i have an xbox and find it good fun since i'm not much of a gamer + i enjoy the halo games

mirakon

nigga
HSC
Money isn't really a factor for me. (I have like >$2k saved and I'm getting more from sources I can't speak of (I live in GWS))
And my internet is shit as hell and won't be fixed until I move in 1-2 years so net isn't a big factor.
k, in which case refer to my above posts on what i think, unfortunately i don't have a definitive answer, but i listed the pros and cons of each

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
My current computer is working to well to excuse myself to buy a new PC right now. I figured, in 1-3 years, when my current PC has died, my console is out of date and I actually more than a part time washing up job, I'd buy myself a proper, decent computer for gaming.
If your PC is working too well, then consider buying games for it? I don't know what you're defining "well" as, system specs please if you know what that means.

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
If your PC is working too well, then consider buying games for it? I don't know what you're defining "well" as, system specs please if you know what that means.
When I say working well, I mean, it is a good, solid computer for working on. Everything is fine. It's by no means a gaming computer though. It can run shit like SimCity and Age Of Empires, but not proper games.

2GB RAM
2.16GHz Intel Core Duo 2 processor

hungwell1337

HSC
N/A
it all depends on what your friends have

in one group, everyone has a PS3 and one guy's xbox is just collecting dust

in another group, everyone has a xbox and someones's PS3 would be collecting dust

exclusive titles, could be a pro or a con based on preference

free online, could be a pro or a con based on maturity

not sure about PS3, but you can flash your xbox, for $30 and just download games, burn to dual layer dvd and play offline

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Get neither and stay on BoS with your computer :D problem solved //thread.

primalchaos3

HSC
Uni Grad
wait until the new apple ibox comes out brah! cos the next gen consoles will probs be out by the next 3-4 years max

so in the meantime like someone said, you can still have fun and save money by either buying a ps2, gamecube or one of those cheaper hand held games ;)

if not i recommend getting ps3 eventhough Kinect seems pretty cool. there are heaps of nice fantasy/rpg games on the ps3 :)

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
I forgot, this concept console named on-live or something, It was just a device which streamed all game content from a centralised server. This enabled the server to do all the storage, processing and display requirements. All the on-live device did was download this 'processed' data output it through the T.V. It needs a lot of bandwidth to run correctly and they said it would be out by 2014 or so.

LINK: http://www.onlive.com/service?autoplay=yes

Last edited:

pony_magician

townie for worst user
HSC
wait until the new apple ibox comes out brah! cos the next gen consoles will probs be out by the next 3-4 years max

so in the meantime like someone said, you can still have fun and save money by either buying a ps2, gamecube or one of those cheaper hand held games ;)

if not i recommend getting ps3 eventhough Kinect seems pretty cool. there are heaps of nice fantasy/rpg games on the ps3 :)
Apple? Nope.

I already have a Nintendo 64, PS2 and a PS1. Unfortunately, there's no new games for them.

Kinect looks like shit (seems very gimmicky & no games). & Oh? Is there? Hm.

Last edited:

zombies

HSC
I really think you should get a good PC :D or upgrade your current one

E

Effekt

Console is a completely different experience to playing on a PC. I have a PS3 and an XBOX i would take the XBOX anyday, i don't even use the PS3 it's shit. WOW free online where hardly anyone plays and there is NO interaction what so ever. COD on XBOX can have over 300,000 people online at once and it's actually good competition. Halo is still good i have both halo 3 and halo reach there is just fewer people who play those games online now since they are competing witht he likes of CoD. Oh yeah and what console was it that got hacked? lawl there goes their so called security. XBOX FTW.

MrBrightside

Brightest Member
HSC
N/A
Console is a completely different experience to playing on a PC. I have a PS3 and an XBOX i would take the XBOX anyday, i don't even use the PS3 it's shit. WOW free online where hardly anyone plays and there is NO interaction what so ever. COD on XBOX can have over 300,000 people online at once and it's actually good competition. Halo is still good i have both halo 3 and halo reach there is just fewer people who play those games online now since they are competing witht he likes of CoD. Oh yeah and what console was it that got hacked? lawl there goes their so called security. XBOX FTW.
Comment is biased.

-77 million registered accounts is "hardly no one"?
-"NO interaction" You must be kidding yourself, that explains why the XMB (PS3's Home menu) has won numerous design awards.

Reference:

"The Emmy® Award for Outstanding Innovation and Achievement in Advanced Media Technology for the Best Use of Personal Media Display and Presentation Technology
Xross Media Bar – Sony Computer Entertainment" http://www.emmyonline.tv/mediacenter/tech_2k6_winners.html

-You're basing a fact of a previous security system flaw (which underwent months of enhancement) that could of happened to any company (this very site got hacked last year, why are you still using it?), not to buy a console. What a joke. This situation has made PSN stronger in terms of security.

Reference:

"Working closely with several respected outside security firms, the company has implemented new and additional security measures that strengthen safeguards against unauthorized activity, and provide consumers with greater protection of their personal information.

The company has made considerable enhancements to the data security, including updating and adding advanced security technologies, additional software monitoring and penetration and vulnerability testing, and increased levels of encryption and additional firewalls.

The company also added a variety of other measures to the network infrastructure including an early warning system for unusual activity patterns that could signal an attempt to compromise the network." http://au.playstation.com/psnlatest/

-PS3 has plenty of games just like Xbox. Such as uncharted series, MGS4, Motorstorm series, LBP1 and 2. GT5, infamous. Pretty much whatever genre is on the PS3 you can get on Xbox too, just under a different title.

Your statements are invalid. (Just had to clear them up).

Where's "neither"...

consoles are dead.
Consoles are not dead, they are making more money than PC games atm, due to their large fan base and simplicity to set up.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)