The right to bear arms (1 Viewer)

Blastus

Liberty Matrix
HSC
N/A
There's no doubt that the police and the army have people who aren't as smart as we are yet they are given weapons.

The right to defend yourself and your family exists outside of government dictate and the police cannot always be there.

I believe we should all have the right to purchase, use and bear arms.

We are rational adults, if you have used firearms you understand and respect them.

We have every right to defend ourselves and our property regardless of what the government or the greens think.

Chemical Ali

지금은 소녀시대
HSC
N/A
They should let guns on planes, then there'd be less terrorism. After all, terrorists are going to break the law anyway and security didn't prevent 9/11...

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
I should have the right to operate a bear's arms at any point in time I desire

fuck da gobmunt

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
One word... BULLSHIT

When we panic while our personal security is breached, do we remain rational?

Firearms not only pose a threat to the perpetrator, but also to innocent others around the firearm wielder.

Plus, firearm usage increases noise levels... ie if you fire a gun at night, past 9pm (dunno if there are exceptions to this) and your neighbours can't sleep/wake up.... they can complain to police... and police will arrest you (dunno if u get arrested, or fined.... but something does happen to you)..... ie... you become a trouble maker wile trying to defend urself.
ahahahhahahah shit

can't have guns bECAUSE THEY'RE TOO LOUD

HSC
Uni Grad
The Constitution inserts a man's right to bear arms and arm bears, and all points in between! Who ever heard of a gun, or a bear causing problems? This is all cockypop, or - whatever that word is. It keeps the place safe. Trouble is caused by unemployment, and unemployment comes from poor economic performance and lazy people. If you had job would you steal a car? Of course not! And if you had a highrise condo, a mistress and a seat on the board, would you run around graffitiing your name all over town and making a nuisance of yourself, spinning on your back, and poppin' and lockin' and... not a hope. It's simple, if you don't have a job, starve. Get out of my constituency, by force if necessary, and starve.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
There's no doubt that the police and the army have people who aren't as smart as we are yet they are given weapons.

The right to defend yourself and your family exists outside of government dictate and the police cannot always be there.

I believe we should all have the right to purchase, use and bear arms.

We are rational adults, if you have used firearms you understand and respect them.

We have every right to defend ourselves and our property regardless of what the government or the greens think.
You may be, but not others. To some deranged lunatic a gun is just an easier means of killing. It's the rationality of others, not yourself you need to consider.

Also, it'll lead to a premptive mindset (ie i need a gun because other people have guns or i need to kill this guy with my gun before he kills me). This'll only heighten tensions.

Other reasons but i cbf.

I'm all for personal freedoms ect, but not when they fk up with the freedoms of others.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
The Constitution inserts a man's right to bear arms and arm bears, and all points in between! Who ever heard of a gun, or a bear causing problems? This is all cockypop, or - whatever that word is. It keeps the place safe. Trouble is caused by unemployment, and unemployment comes from poor economic performance and lazy people. If you had job would you steal a car? Of course not! And if you had a highrise condo, a mistress and a seat on the board, would you run around graffitiing your name all over town and making a nuisance of yourself, spinning on your back, and poppin' and lockin' and... not a hope. It's simple, if you don't have a job, starve. Get out of my constituency, by force if necessary, and starve.
True, people not guns cause problems. But giving the right to bear arms makes it easier for 'people' to do shit.

Garygaz

HSC
hey here's the obvious point, america = massive gun possession per citizen and super high gun-death rates and school shootings. no you shouldn't have the right to bare arms, you should have the right to rot away at home and have your grandchildren call you and pretend to be interested in your stories

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
True, guns not people cause problems. But giving the right to bear arms makes it easier for 'people' to do shit.
um

no

guns are tools champ they do not have free will or any sort of cognitive ability, they are not the problem

I can use a gun to murder as many people as I have bullets or I can use it as a visual or physical deterrent to those who threaten my person or property

via your rationale we should never use cars either because they cause accidents not drivers

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
sorry sir you aren't allowed to cut your dinner with that knife you have the ability to hurt people with it

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
um

no

guns are tools champ they do not have free will or any sort of cognitive ability, they are not the problem

I can use a gun to murder as many people as I have bullets or I can use it as a visual or physical deterrent to those who threaten my person or property

via your rationale we should never use cars either because they cause accidents not drivers
Yeah m8 i knew that. But my point it that why add another way of letting people fk things up when there're already heaps of ways.

Also, with people who threaten your property ect. Don't you think they'd have guns? (cos you know they're rational beings as well.)

I'd agree with your last point if fatalities vs car ownership rates were high enough.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
yeah

that's the point dude

criminals have guns and they threaten your person and property

so lets take guns away from the normal citizen so criminals have free reign over communities

and don't tell me that's what the cops are for because that's horseshit, they are an investigative force, not a preventative force

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
yeh mate but still i don't know.

By making it hard for all citizens to have guns it still severely limits that ability of most criminals to get them. I know no one having guns is all idealism but it should still be restricted and made harder to get. Mainly because of increased prices (less supply > increased price ect).

At least this way NOT every single damn criminal will be able to access one at any point.

Nothings perfect. but it's less fucked.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC
yeh mate but still i don't know.

By making it hard for all citizens to have guns it still severely limits that ability of most criminals to get them. I know no one having guns is all idealism but it should still be restricted and made harder to get. Mainly because of increased prices (less supply > increased price ect).

At least this way NOT every single damn criminal will be able to access one at any point.

Nothings perfect. but it's less fucked.
so would you say the current system is good

Aquawhite

Retiring
HSC
Uni Grad
The current system is atrocious for dealing with weapons use. But I wouldn't advocate the use of weapons in any situation, so I wouldn't support the legalisation of bearing/using weapons in self defence. I, perhaps, support the concept (I share the libertarian view that as rational adults we are capable of controlling our own actions and that the government needs no longer to interfere within our own homes), but in all practicality I am against it.

Bored_of_HSC

HSC
The current system isn't perfect, but i'm not sure anything will be. Also, homocide/gun crime isn't that bad in Aus.

Not educated enough on the matter though. (you guys probably know more)

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC
ban guns

gun crime rate plummets

ignore increases in other crimes

declare gun prohibition a success

kfnmpah

HSC
worst thread.

people are too retarded to be allowed to carry a gun unless they've had proper training and psych evaluations or some shit.
Ggaz said it, america has high gun ownership rates and high gun-death rates.

how can anyone think it is reasonable to let every Joe Blow own a gun? If you think it is reasonable, then you're the last person I'd want to have the right to bear arms.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)