do you believe in god?

• Total voters

darlking

HSC
N/A
God only exist if you believe he/she exist. Who knows, could be a girl :X

Dash8

HSC
No I don't believe God. I used to when we had scripture at school. Then when I was about 8 years old I actually though about it. I just looked at the big picture. How can one man create the entire Earth in 7 days? If it takes like 20 people around 6 months to build a suburban house, there's no way one man is going to create the earth in a week!! And apparently God is 'perfect'. If God was perfect there would be no bad in the world, since it is his creation. It just ASTOUNDS me how adults are still able to believe in stuff. They would have to be incredibly gullible.

There's one other thing that annoys me. Some of my friends convinced me to go to youth group with them. I remember sitting there in disgust as they laughed about other religions and still had the nerve to call themselves Christians. They also had no problem in killing things. They told me how they found a spider in their pool with babies on its back so they got it out and poured acid all over it and watched them die. Out of all the Christians and Catholics I know there a VERY VERY FEW who are actually genuine and practice what they preach.........argh this stuff gets me angry.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
No I don't believe God. I used to when we had scripture at school. Then when I was about 8 years old I actually though about it. I just looked at the big picture. How can one man create the entire Earth in 7 days? If it takes like 20 people around 6 months to build a suburban house, there's no way one man is going to create the earth in a week!! And apparently God is 'perfect'. If God was perfect there would be no bad in the world, since it is his creation. It just ASTOUNDS me how adults are still able to believe in stuff. They would have to be incredibly gullible.

There's one other thing that annoys me. Some of my friends convinced me to go to youth group with them. I remember sitting there in disgust as they laughed about other religions and still had the nerve to call themselves Christians. They also had no problem in killing things. They told me how they found a spider in their pool with babies on its back so they got it out and poured acid all over it and watched them die. Out of all the Christians and Catholics I know there a VERY VERY FEW who are actually genuine and practice what they preach.........argh this stuff gets me angry.
He had the help of the Heavens.

Where does it say he is perfect?

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A

Come now, child, we are none of us perfect. If He did not exist, by what benchmark do you determine that there is bad in the world? Darkness only grips the world when men turn their back on God's light! Surely you must have read the works of the good St Thomas of Aquin before coming to these bold conclusions of yours. Maybe you should be a good Christian and introduce these works to your friends at youth group, and save their souls!

Examine

same
HSC

I'm atheist, though this post is stupid and you're stupid.

MilkDrinker

HSC
I have not read what all of the previous 1074 pages have stated, but I skimmed through the first few, and though I would disprove one point that MoonLightSonata said...
• Why you cannot use a religious text to prove God’s existence

The claim here is that the religious text (Bible, Quran, etc) proves that God exists. This argument makes the fallacy of begging the question (or circular reasoning). When the argument is set out clearly this becomes obvious:

How do we know God exists?
God exists because the Bible says so.
Why should we believe the Bible?
Because the Bible is the word of God.

(etc, ad infinitum.)

You cannot use the conclusion you are trying to prove (that God exists) as one of your premises. The premise “the Bible is the word of God” already assumes the truth of the conclusion.

Well, I can tell you that the bible is an actually a book containing the history of the world, many of the events that occurred were actually proved to have happened, this includes the floodings and such (are you going to try and prove that science does not work or exist either???). And it tells the fact that a man named Jesus was born to the earth and said that he was the son of God. All the people that described the miracles of Jesus could not have all made it up. Therefore if it were true, then God must exist as the Son of God existed.

My final point is that MoonLightSonata has chosen the weakest arguement they could find to try and prove their point. I believe that there is a God and his son Jesus came and died for us, but thats my beliefs, you are not obliged to believe in anything... BUT, just as I have faith that there is a God, many of you must have faith that your judgement is correct... but where is your proof that there is not God...

A story I would like to share with you is one on the link provided... http://www.columbia.edu/cu/ivcf/Sharing/Barber.htm
It is the story of a barber... it is not biblical just a nice short story...
Thanks

Examine

same
HSC
You know, being stuck up is rude. How about saying something constructive? I don't find my post stupid.
Okay here's something constructive. Your post is stupid and you should try become less stupid so you can avoid these situations.

Examine

same
HSC
I have not read what all of the previous 1074 pages have stated, but I skimmed through the first few, and though I would disprove one point that MoonLightSonata said...
• Why you cannot use a religious text to prove God’s existence

The claim here is that the religious text (Bible, Quran, etc) proves that God exists. This argument makes the fallacy of begging the question (or circular reasoning). When the argument is set out clearly this becomes obvious:

(etc, ad infinitum.)

You cannot use the conclusion you are trying to prove (that God exists) as one of your premises. The premise “the Bible is the word of God” already assumes the truth of the conclusion.

Well, I can tell you that the bible is an actually a book containing the history of the world, many of the events that occurred were actually proved to have happened, this includes the floodings and such (are you going to try and prove that science does not work or exist either???). And it tells the fact that a man named Jesus was born to the earth and said that he was the son of God. All the people that described the miracles of Jesus could not have all made it up. Therefore if it were true, then God must exist as the Son of God existed.

My final point is that MoonLightSonata has chosen the weakest arguement they could find to try and prove their point. I believe that there is a God and his son Jesus came and died for us, but thats my beliefs, you are not obliged to believe in anything... BUT, just as I have faith that there is a God, many of you must have faith that your judgement is correct... but where is your proof that there is not God...

A story I would like to share with you is one on the link provided... http://www.columbia.edu/cu/ivcf/Sharing/Barber.htm
It is the story of a barber... it is not biblical just a nice short story...
Thanks
And can you show me this proof you speak of?

Dash8

HSC
Come now, child, we are none of us perfect. If He did not exist, by what benchmark do you determine that there is bad in the world? Darkness only grips the world when men turn their back on God's light! Surely you must have read the works of the good St Thomas of Aquin before coming to these bold conclusions of yours. Maybe you should be a good Christian and introduce these works to your friends at youth group, and save their souls!
Bad deeds are anything that society finds wrong, such as murder, rape, burglary.

God can't be perfect if his creations are flawed, such as when people carry out these bad deeds.

And I'm not Christian. I got out of youth group when my friends told me the only reason they became friends with me was because they were trying to 'convert' me.....

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 4)