hmm should i continue? (2 Viewers)

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
should i continue with bio? i got low 50s in my last exams, and 95% in the last topic test (cos i tried hardout), yearlies in 4weeks

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
Decide after yearlies.

In year 11 I was doing 13 units and wanted to pick up another but my school was making me drop 2 units to pick it up so I was like "I'll drop bio. Sweet." then in the yearlies I got 51% for physics (and ranked 4th in the exam and 7th overall), and 88% (ranking 1st in the exam and 4th overall (the exam pulled me up A LOT)) and I realised that everyone in physics was going to do shit whereas we had a good biology class and I had the potential to come first, whereas I had no idea what was happening in physics. So I changed my mind last minute.
Also, I didn't study for the biology test, but did for the physics test, so that says a lot about how terribly physics was taught at my school.

madharris

HSC
N/A
imo prelim bio is boring

I was ~rank 30/50 in the prelims because I found the content boring, therefore I found it difficult (mainly because I didn't pay attention and didn't study that much). I was going to drop it as soon as I could.
However, I was talked into keeping it at least for the first 4 weeks of year 12 to see if my opinions were the same. To my surprise, my opinion of bio changed dramatically. I enjoyed the content therefore i listened, studied and a lot more better (I'm now ranked ~4th).

I recommend that you keep bio at least for the moment, so you can give it a try. Who knows, you might like it and hate another subject. :)

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
imo prelim bio is boring

I was ~rank 30/50 in the prelims because I found the content boring, therefore I found it difficult (mainly because I didn't pay attention and didn't study that much). I was going to drop it as soon as I could.
However, I was talked into keeping it at least for the first 4 weeks of year 12 to see if my opinions were the same. To my surprise, my opinion of bio changed dramatically. I enjoyed the content therefore i listened, studied and a lot more better (I'm now ranked ~4th).

I recommend that you keep bio at least for the moment, so you can give it a try. Who knows, you might like it and hate another subject. :)
aight bro, most people who do bio in year 12 say that bio gets so much mroe interesting in year12 but boring in year 11

i will keep it! :D thanks both u kings of bio

kittenwhiskerz

HSC
well give yourself a last try,do the yearly exams and then you'll figure out if you want to drop it or not (by the mark)dont let a subject drag down your atar mark :)

RishBonjour

HSC
IMO, biology is a subject I think anyone can do well in. Just get some good notes (or make them - although its a bit late now)
Just know your stuff and you will get 80+ in every exam through pure memorising (they have some "critical thinking" crap sometimes, but they are generally not hard)

so keep it! :D

HeroicPandas

Heroic!
HSC
IMO, biology is a subject I think anyone can do well in. Just get some good notes (or make them - although its a bit late now)
Just know your stuff and you will get 80+ in every exam through pure memorising (they have some "critical thinking" crap sometimes, but they are generally not hard)

so keep it! :D

ive already made notes, but havent studied lol

LoveHateSchool

Retired Sept '14
HSC
Uni Grad
Up to you, but personally find it an easy subject to do well in and Yr 12 coursework is far, far better than Yr 11.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)