• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Violence erupts in Sydney over anti-Islam film (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

JINOUGA

HSC
N/A
Even if somehow the film was "illegal" (which it is not), this is then a matter for the justice system and not something people should try to take into their own hands by calling for beheadings lol. If you say it is illegal by the anerican system then surely you should let the system itself carry out justice

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
retards*. If a protester was hitting a dog that was biting him - fair enough. If a protester was throwing things at the dog or attempting to harm the dog when NOT doing so in self defence. They are correct to attempt to prosecute for some form of animal abuse. Just like if a protester was attempting to harm a police officer they would be charged with assault (being it's on a human in that instance). You would need to cite the case for us to establish if those charges are jusitified.

If you were against the protest brother...why were you there?...
Even if somehow the film was "illegal" (which it is not), this is then a matter for the justice system and not something people should try to take into their own hands by calling for beheadings lol. If you say it is illegal by the anerican system then surely you should let the system itself carry out justice
Would rep.

Last edited:

Peccadillo

HSC
Hahahaha why? Everything he says is a valid contribution. So what if it's flavoured with a bit of swearing and insults? Again, that comes back to the concept of free speech. Just because you don't like what he says doesn't give you the right to silence him.
A forum is moderated for a reason dickhead.
I never said he isn't allowed to say what he has said I just requested he be warned about it within this thread because it is trolling.
He makes a lot of invalid contributions like the prophet is a pedophile and stipulating that his opinion of christians is that they are "Dumb fucks". How in your mind are they valid contributions?

H

hobozforlife

Srsly do u happen to be from a jew-ish background?

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Them calling for beheadings, is that also fredom of speech???

Peccadillo

HSC
hobozforlife + 7eleven. You both came on here I believe to say you do not condone the protesters actions. As a muslim I do not condone what you are both currently posting. Go and cool off.

7eleven I will defend a christian's right not to be called a "dumb fuck" for their belief if I choose to. Grow up.

hobozforlife Jinouga is a brother of Islam - why do you try to insult him?

PakiPrince

HSC
retards*. If a protester was hitting a dog that was biting him - fair enough. If a protester was throwing things at the dog or attempting to harm the dog when NOT doing so in self defence. They are correct to attempt to prosecute for some form of animal abuse. Just like if a protester was attempting to harm a police officer they would be charged with assault (being it's on a human in that instance). You would need to cite the case for us to establish if those charges are jusitified.

If you were against the protest brother...why were you there?...
First of all, i'm not ur brother. Second of all the dog was biting a protestor. Third of all, when ur friend/brother/sister/whatever is gettin bitten by a dog, what are u meant to do? Just stand and adore, or fukn teach that doggie a lesson.

Third of all, i was there whilst it was peaceful. Me dad told me to leave so i left. I was against the violence that broke out.

Fourth of all, what if a policeman unnecessarily assaulted a protestor. Nah, no one gives a shit. I did see that happen. Its in one of the videos when the policeman pushes the old man down the stairs, when he was tryin to calm the crowd. Thats assault isn't it? Or is it love?

7eleven

HSC
N/A
hobozforlife + 7eleven. You both came on here I believe to say you do not condone the protesters actions. As a muslim I do not condone what you are both currently posting. Go and cool off.

7eleven I will defend a christian's right not to be called a "dumb fuck" for their belief if I choose to. Grow up.

I do condemn the violence, however i don't see why people cant hold such placards, isn't this "their freedom of speech" , under which the production of the movie is justified?

H

hobozforlife

I could say the same to you!!
Who sed I was insulting anyone, it's called *freedom of speech* :D

Peccadillo

HSC
First of all, i'm not ur brother. Second of all the dog was biting a protestor. Third of all, when ur friend/brother/sister/whatever is gettin bitten by a dog, what are u meant to do? Just stand and adore, or fukn teach that doggie a lesson.

Third of all, i was there whilst it was peaceful. Me dad told me to leave so i left. I was against the violence that broke out.

Fourth of all, what if a policeman unnecessarily assaulted a protestor. Nah, no one gives a shit. I did see that happen. Its in one of the videos when the policeman pushes the old man down the stairs, when he was tryin to calm the crowd. Thats assault isn't it? Or is it love?
You have to appreciate that police officers are scared.. If a civil protester is caught in the crossfire I suggest they should do what you did and legged it as soon as shit got serious. The police are doing their job and want to go home to their families. I like that many brother's (yes they are my brothers - thank you very much) stayed back to try and encourage peace, but if they get injured that is not the fault of the police who are in a highly tense situation.

I will defend the police as I think you will find in many other countries the police would have been FAR more brutal than what you saw on saturday. Hop on Youtube and search russian football riots and you will see how heavy handed policing responds to civil unrest.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
A forum is moderated for a reason dickhead.
I never said he isn't allowed to say what he has said I just requested he be warned about it within this thread because it is trolling.
He makes a lot of invalid contributions like the prophet is a pedophile and stipulating that his opinion of christians is that they are "Dumb fucks". How in your mind are they valid contributions?
Because they're opinions and no one opinion is more valid than another, particularly amongst amateurs and students. Lolsmith is actually quite a smart guy, and yes, he is trolling you. Because you're so easy to troll and it's fun. But just because the medium is through trolling, it doesn't invalidate his underlying statement.

Azure

Premium Member
HSC
I do condemn the violence, however i don't see why people cant hold such placards, isn't this "their freedom of speech" , under which the production of the movie is justified?
So a video designed to produce satire (even though the video is essentially shit by any account) is not okay because it somehow incites violence, even though it features no direct order to act in a particular manner, not does it make any allusion or implication that viewers are to engage in illegal discourse. However, by the same standard, a poster that explicitly calls for the beheading of people is fine by you is it?

Last edited:

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
I could say the same to you!!
Who sed I was insulting anyone, it's called *freedom of speech* :D
Neither of you see the irony and hypocrisy involved in using freedom of speech to attack freedom of speech?

PakiPrince

HSC
You have to appreciate that police officers are scared.. If a civil protester is caught in the crossfire I suggest they should do what you did and legged it as soon as shit got serious. The police are doing their job and want to go home to their families. I like that many brother's (yes they are my brothers - thank you very much) stayed back to try and encourage peace, but if they get injured that is not the fault of the police who are in a highly tense situation.

I will defend the police as I think you will find in many other countries the police would have been FAR more brutal than what you saw on saturday. Hop on Youtube and search russian football riots and you will see how heavy handed policing responds to civil unrest.
Listen brother (yeah sorry bro, thought you were from another), what you said is all correct, and i do support you in that. I would have liked to stayed but my dad ordered me outta there.

But still i keep reilleterating that its not a one way street here. Both sides, including the police and the protestors, have wrongdoings.

So some ppl think that the video is fine as it is freedom of speech. Isn't it freedom of speech to hold placards askin for beheadings? What if i burn the Aussie flag? Its wrong, i know but isn't it freedom of speech? What if i burn someone's daughter. LOL. Its freedom of speech isn't it? What i'm tryin to get to, is that u can't go out there in the world postin whatever u want to, sayin whatever u want to. Everything needs to come with regulation.

moll.

Learn to science.
HSC
Listen brother (yeah sorry bro, thought you were from another), what you said is all correct, and i do support you in that. I would have liked to stayed but my dad ordered me outta there.

But still i keep reilleterating that its not a one way street here. Both sides, including the police and the protestors, have wrongdoings.

So some ppl think that the video is fine as it is freedom of speech. Isn't it freedom of speech to hold placards askin for beheadings? What if i burn the Aussie flag? Its wrong, i know but isn't it freedom of speech? What if i burn someone's daughter. LOL. Its freedom of speech isn't it? What i'm tryin to get to, is that u can't go out there in the world postin whatever u want to, sayin whatever u want to. Everything needs to come with regulation.
It's "iterating" or "reiterating" dude. I don't normally do the grammar nazi thing unless it's illegible, but you've spelt it this way several times now.

H

hobozforlife

It's "iterating" or "reiterating" dude. I don't normally do the grammar nazi thing unless it's illegible, but you've spelt it this way several times now.
It's actually *reiterating* !

7eleven

HSC
N/A
Both sides, including the police and the protestors, have wrongdoings.

+ 1
This is what im trying to get across

Peccadillo

HSC
Because they're opinions and no one opinion is more valid than another, particularly amongst amateurs and students. Lolsmith is actually quite a smart guy, and yes, he is trolling you. Because you're so easy to troll and it's fun. But just because the medium is through trolling, it doesn't invalidate his underlying statement.
No one opinion is more valid than another? Therefore my belief in god is no more invalid than his disbelief? True? I repeat - you're a dickhead.

To say "Christians are dumb fucks" is a sweeping generalisation, has no method of intelligent thought behind it and certainly doesnt not support your backing of his intelect.

To say the prophet was a pedophile is his opinion and he is entitled to that opinion. But it's relevance to this discussion goes no further than unnecessary trolling.

His undeylying statement is what???? What underlying statement is there to "christians are dumb fucks".. I dont get it? Are there some lines I'm meant to be reading between here?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)