• Want to help us with this year's BoS Trials?
    Let us know before 30 June. See this thread for details
  • Looking for HSC notes and resources?
    Check out our Notes & Resources page

Presidential Election (1 Viewer)

hayabusaboston

HSC
Re: First Presidential Debate

fuck obama, he screwed up america enough as it is, romney's got a lot of cleaning up to do *sigh*

and the fuckin julia gizzard better get annihilated in the next election. If she is re-elected, my faith in the intelligence of australians will disappear.

halapenyo

HSC

fuck obama, he screwed up america enough as it is, romney's got a lot of cleaning up to do
you kidding? he came into office after america had just had two terms of who is considered the worst president post world war II.
he inherited a lot of problems that he first had to fix and he fixed them pretty well, especially the economy.

he ran into some problems with the economy in recent times. but anyone who's done economics in HS or uni would know that you are going to have contractions and expansions occuring. its nearly impossible to have perfect employment levels etc at all times.

Last edited:

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

fuck obama, he screwed up america enough as it is, romney's got a lot of cleaning up to do *sigh*

and the fuckin julia gizzard better get annihilated in the next election. If she is re-elected, my faith in the intelligence of australians will disappear.
my faith in Australians would dissappear if Abbot gets elected

also I'm tipping Romney gets the popular vote but Obama wins the electoral college

halapenyo

HSC

also I'm tipping Romney gets the popular vote but Obama wins the electoral college
a fews news articles have been talking bout this occuring.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

you kidding? he came into office after america had just had two terms of who is considered the worst president post world war II.
he inherited a lot of problems that he first had to fix and he fixed them pretty well, especially the economy.

he ran into some problems with the economy in recent times. but anyone who's done economics in HS or uni would know that you are going to have contractions and expansions occuring. its nearly impossible to have perfect employment levels etc at all times.

Lolsmith

kill all boomers
HSC

I still think Obama will win. I really believe he is unbeatable, however Romney did put up a good fight.

halapenyo

HSC

I still think Obama will win. I really believe he is unbeatable, however Romney did put up a good fight.
funkshen, lolsmith: Obama
solooo, sylvester: Romney
lentern: undecided

proves how close this is going to be.

Kiraken

RISK EVERYTHING
HSC
N/A

obama

Absolutezero

real human bean
HSC
N/A

funkshen, lolsmith: Obama
solooo, sylvester: Romney
lentern: undecided

proves how close this is going to be.
Although, it's probably not the best sample to go by.

halapenyo

HSC

can someone explain the concept of electoral colleges to me. I cant quite get my head round it.

kaz1

et tu
HSC
Uni Grad

Obama will win Wisconsin and Ohio but will lose North Carolina and Florida

Vriginia could go either way

halapenyo

HSC

It's quite simple, each state has x many "electoral college" votes and whoever wins the state takes all the electoral college votes, there is no "proportionate assignment" of them. The winner at the end of the night will be the one with the most electoral college votes, so for example you could ultimately have the most votes nationwide, and win the most states but because California, New York, Ohio and Pennsylvania all have shitloads of votes because of their big populations and economies, and coz Delware, Colorado, Oregon, Arizona, New Mexico, Washington and Hawaii all have very small electoral college votes you might still lose the election.
woah so that explains all the fuss about these battleground states.

halapenyo

HSC

here's a more in depth explanation

[video=youtube;OUS9mM8Xbbw]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OUS9mM8Xbbw[video]
thanks that was a good explanation of it. Do you like this system or would you say popular vote is better?

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A

thanks that was a good explanation of it. Do you like this system or would you say popular vote is better?
its a stoopid system. the intention of the system was to ensure that elections were free and fair in post-revolution america. an indirect election was seen as a necessity. times have changed, and the system is a relic.

the second video explains why it's broken

this video is also interesting

SylviaB

Just Bee Yourself 🐝
HSC

>It's November 6, 2012 and Americans are headed to the polls to choose the President of our fair nation.
>The American people, in their ignorance and desire not to be seen as racist, give Obama a second term.
>Now freed from having to pretend he cares about the people and the Constitution, Obama declares himself the I
mmortal God King of America.
>Whites are enslaved, laws no longer apply to Negroes, and Reality TV is the only entertainment allowed.
>The Dow falls to 563, unemployment rises to 85% and most of the United States is given away to the Mexicans.
>As Mitt Romney stands amongst the rubble of our once great nation, he laments "If only I could have stopped this" as a single tear rolls down his cheek.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)