Aussie flag ? (1 Viewer)

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
any new australian flag must incorporate the star and crescent to recognise the contributions of australian muslims

Render777

HSC
N/A
any new australian flag must incorporate the star and crescent to recognise the contributions of australian muslims

Excuse me, are you forgetting our communist friends? The hammer and sickle must also go in there somewhere.

inJust

HSC
Can we just have Malcolm Turnbull's head on our flag? k done.

soloooooo

HSC
N/A
I dont like this flag, and I dont like the idea that we have to include aboriginal elements just so we dont offend aboriginals. Whats done is fucking done, aboriginals had their land invaded, there have been countless apologies and attempts at compensation, it is honestly a bit stupid to continually do these kinds of things. No need to elevate aboriginal culture above ours, as everyone says, we should all be treated equally. Why should aboriginal culture be honoured over ours?
This 100%.

any new australian flag must incorporate the star of david to recognise the contributions of australian jews
Let's be realistic there.

SunnyScience

HSC
I think the current flag has far more personal meaning as well as symbolic value for millions over generations in contrast to what any newly-incorporating flag can compensate.

funkshen

dvds didnt exist in 1991
HSC
N/A
I think the current flag has far more personal meaning as well as symbolic value for millions over generations in contrast to what any newly-incorporating flag can compensate.
are you a racist? don't you know that this flag is the masthead of over two centuries of oppression?

aceer

HSC
I dont like this flag, and I dont like the idea that we have to include aboriginal elements just so we dont offend aboriginals. Whats done is fucking done, aboriginals had their land invaded, there have been countless apologies and attempts at compensation, it is honestly a bit stupid to continually do these kinds of things. No need to elevate aboriginal culture above ours, as everyone says, we should all be treated equally. Why should aboriginal culture be honoured over ours?
+1000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000000

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
We are still a part of the Commonwealth and until we aren't we should leave the flag as it is.
We would/could be part of the commonwealth even if we were a republic. Commonwealth counties just have to be currently or have been part of the empire.

townie

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
Also re: flag. Should we change it: maybe, it doesn't really matter / I don't think the current flag has been as prominent or ingrained in Australia's history as people think, so I don't see the need to be overly attached to it.

Riproot

#MedLyf
HSC
Uni Grad
We would/could be part of the commonwealth even if we were a republic. Commonwealth counties just have to be currently or have been part of the empire.
Yeah, but like, then we should keep it the way it is 5eva.

hayabusaboston

HSC
I am 120% not racist. :C I was going for more of the positive achievements it represents.
Well everyone is racist deep within, imo. Its just politically incorrect to express that. Humans feel a sense of bonding through the driving neurotransmitter oxytocin, with their own kin, their own culture and lifestyle. Mixing these in the name of "multiculturalism" is a sure trail to cultural destruction. Politicians have led society to believe multiculturalism a positive thing, that all races can live together. On the neurological level, its been proven they cant. And now so many more levels are being discovered, proving that multiculturalism is a poison to national identity. this is what ive been reading about recently. If anyone's been hearing about the new laws the netherlands have been introducing, they might know about the dark phrase circulating around english speaking countries under the political radar, "Go dutch".

SunnyScience

HSC
Well everyone is racist deep within, imo. Its just politically incorrect to express that. Humans feel a sense of bonding through the driving neurotransmitter oxytocin, with their own kin, their own culture and lifestyle. Mixing these in the name of "multiculturalism" is a sure trail to cultural destruction. Politicians have led society to believe multiculturalism a positive thing, that all races can live together. On the neurological level, its been proven they cant. And now so many more levels are being discovered, proving that multiculturalism is a poison to national identity. this is what ive been reading about recently. If anyone's been hearing about the new laws the netherlands have been introducing, they might know about the dark phrase circulating around english speaking countries under the political radar, "Go dutch".
http://cdn.memegenerator.net/instances/250x250/32641994.jpg

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)