Year 11 2014 Chat :) (2 Viewers)

Status
Not open for further replies.

tumtoom

HSC
It is rather normal to inadvertently think about your school work during non-school events, since it is likely education is consuming a lot of your thoughts, due to being one of the priorities in your life. But you are still in Year 11, and I do not say this to trivialise your stress, but rather to remind you not to take anything too seriously. Year 11 is designed to prepare you for Year 12 and personally I enjoyed Year 11 a great deal, it may have been my favourite year in high school. Just know that even if you do not do as well as you would like in the assessments, there is always going to be time to improve in the future.

In the meanwhile, try not to focus too much on the stress, i.e. if you keep on emphasising to yourself that you are stressed, you are only maximising the problem. Positive thinking helps a lot.
*sigh* I know. You're perfectly right.
it's just a little tiny, seriously microscopic, issue of practising out great advice.

I think yr 11 is allll the much scarier simply coz it's my last chance to screw up and be able to shrug indifferently
:)
bring on the shrugging :) :) ;)

liamlolz

HSC
Ughh well that was a very unproductive weekend!!!
Not prepared at all for school tomorrow... thank god I finish at 1pm.

strawberrye

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
*sigh* I know. You're perfectly right.
it's just a little tiny, seriously microscopic, issue of practising out great advice.

I think yr 11 is allll the much scarier simply coz it's my last chance to screw up and be able to shrug indifferently
:)
bring on the shrugging :) :) ;)
Don't feel daunted by Year 11-it is quite short-so just enjoy the ride and develop insights from the year to assist you to improve for the future. I actually can find some resonance with you in that I used to think about school work all the time in non-school events, but that was mainly to relieve myself from the boredom of the non-school events I happened to attend/need to attend.

omg :'( :'(
exams will be the death of me....
actually school will be >.>
Perhaps considering of changing your attitude to exams and assessments from one of fear to one of anticipation and excitement-a time for you to display what you are capable of:)-Relax, you will be fine:)-remember, what you reap, you shall sow-if you have put in the hard work in throughout the term, there is no need to excessively stress yourself out:)

Last edited:

Crisium

Pew Pew
HSC
Wow some of you guys have short days, so lucky :p . On the usual day Roll Call starts at 8:30 am and then school ends at 3:00 pm, and I get the 6th period off every Tuesday, meaning that I can go home at 2:05 pm :3 My extension maths class is on Mondays and Wednesdays starting at 7:30 am, but the day still ends at 3:00 pm :O

justem

'Alpha' female ;)
HSC
So tired
But I had a large coffee So it's alright

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
General question: Which subjects has always 'clicked' for you, and which ones hasn't at all?

EDIT: I think I know what justem's is already.

Last edited:

hawkrider

all class
HSC
N/A
General question: Which subjects has always 'clicked' for you, and which ones hasn't at all?
Hmm, I'll answer my own question then.

Maths: Always clicked for me, that's why I love the subject.
English: Never understood it, doesn't make sense IMO.
Science: It varies, but it mostly has to do with chemistry
Economics: Pretty straightforward, not too difficult to grasp.
Modern History: Enjoy it since I'm actually interested in what we're learning atm.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 2)