Syllabus Changes (1 Viewer)

gumnutty

HSC
Are there gonna be any syllabus changes soon? My chemistry tutor keeps going on about how the chem syllabus is going to change in the next few years, but I've just finished the HSC so now I'm wondering if I should sell my books or leave them for my sister who's going to be in Year 12 in ... like 2020.

cem

Premium Member
HSC
N/A
There are currently reviews going on for proposed new courses for English, Maths, the Sciences and Histories for Preliminary and HSC (I am going to such a meeting tomorrow for the Histories).

That suggests new courses getting approval some time next year with them signed off then for implementation in Year 11 in 2018/19 and HSC in 2019/20 so if your sister is doing the HSC in 2020 the chances are very strong that she will have a different syllabus, in some respects, to the one you have just completed - how different we won't know until the new courses are approved and published.

gumnutty

HSC
There are currently reviews going on for proposed new courses for English, Maths, the Sciences and Histories for Preliminary and HSC (I am going to such a meeting tomorrow for the Histories).

That suggests new courses getting approval some time next year with them signed off then for implementation in Year 11 in 2018/19 and HSC in 2019/20 so if your sister is doing the HSC in 2020 the chances are very strong that she will have a different syllabus, in some respects, to the one you have just completed - how different we won't know until the new courses are approved and published.
I'd sell.

A lot can change in 5 years.
Alright thank you :D

T-R-O-L-O-L

TOO GOOD TO BE CLASSIFIED
HSC
Yeah apparently they're removing Conics and Circle Geometry in Hsc Maths 3/4 UNIT

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)