Recent HSC graduate tutor vs Qualified teacher tutor (1 Viewer)

Recent guaduate tutor vs qualified teacher tutor

• Total voters

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad
Which one is better and why?
Depends on the teacher and depends on the recent HSC graduate.

Guaranteed there are some great recent HSC graduates, alongside great teachers.

If the teachers have a proven track record, I would go with them.

You don't want to pay someone just because THEY did well. You want to pay someone who will effectively help YOU do well.

Jaxxnuts

HSC
N/A
Depends on the teacher and depends on the recent HSC graduate.

Guaranteed there are some great recent HSC graduates, alongside great teachers.

If the teachers have a proven track record, I would go with them.

You don't want to pay someone just because THEY did well. You want to pay someone who will effectively help YOU do well.
Ok say they are both good communicators and have good knowledge of the HSC curriculum (inside out) who would you think is better in this case or are they equal?

From what I've heard past HSC student tutors can be considered better because they are more relatable and can teach tips and tricks that you may not be able to get from qualified high school teachers however qualified high school teachers are usually more up to date with the syllabus as they are teaching in registered NSW schools. Can anyone confirm if this is right or wrong?

pikachu975

Premium Member
HSC
Ok say they are both good communicators and have good knowledge of the HSC curriculum (inside out) who would you think is better in this case or are they equal?

From what I've heard past HSC student tutors can be considered better because they are more relatable and can teach tips and tricks that you may not be able to get from qualified high school teachers however qualified high school teachers are usually more up to date with the syllabus as they are teaching in registered NSW schools. Can anyone confirm if this is right or wrong?
Just go to both tutors and try em out and see what you like better, it's probably personal preference but in the end it's all up to the student. I think they'd both be equal in the case you described but I reckon qualified teacher would be better because they have more time to help you etc while uni students are busy and stuff (well depends on the student but still).

Fizzy_Cyst

HSC
Uni Grad

Tbh, if you have found a teacher who is on par with the knowledge/communication of a recent HSC graduate, you just haven't found the right teacher.

What Pikachu says is true. Really, it is about what YOU feel works best. There is no "one size fits all" when it comes to education, some things work for some students, some teachers work for some students whilst not for others.

The only way for you to come to a proper conclusion would be to try them both out and see.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)