1 very quick question about english papers (1 Viewer)

hotfire

HSC
You know the creative writing part of the test, those examples of things they give us do we actually need to intergrate that into the story? Because everyone tells you to prepare your own story but all past papers say to use it for your story.

M3riJaan

Another Member
HSC
You only need to mention it briefly (but not too obviously, be subtle) and then continue with your story.

So lets say youve got a story about overcoming adversity, and the stimulus is a rockclimber, you can just slip that metaphor in there, and then continue with your story.

HSC
Uni Grad
As the stimulus will relate to belonging in someway and your story will also, that is all they are after. It doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with the stimulus they give, mine never have and i've always done fine. You wont be marked down for not linking to stimulus (based on my experiences and what my teachers say anyway)

hotfire

HSC
So if we get a bunch of pictures that say not belonging and belonging stuff how would we intergrate this into the story?

So maybe like if my story is about being alone and theres a pic of someone alone in the world how would you do that?

terminator69

HSC
As the stimulus will relate to belonging in someway and your story will also, that is all they are after. It doesn't necessarily have to have anything to do with the stimulus they give, mine never have and i've always done fine. You wont be marked down for not linking to stimulus (based on my experiences and what my teachers say anyway)
It does have to relate to the stimulus and you will be marked down for ignoring it. Just look at any past paper; "Choose one of the settings to be a significant focus of your story" or select a quotation and use it "as a central idea in your own piece of writing".

cassiecocaine

HSC
It depends what the question asks; it might say to 'use this a basis for your story' or 'use this as the central idea in your story'. My trial simply said 'include this in your story' so I mentioned it once, and that was all.

Bootawa_Boy

HSC
CAN SOMEONE PLEASE HELP ME. What is meant in the 1st section of paper 1 english if it were to say how has the author established tension between belonging and not belonging????

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)