1 Yr Accleration? (1 Viewer)

Lukybear

HSC
Seeminly my school has decided to do the whole 2unit course this for yr 11. Suppose that our class gets enough hours (120) and complete all major assessments on time, would it be possible if we complete the HSC external 2 unit math this yr? as it is our first yr?

lyounamu

Reborn
HSC
N/A
Seeminly my school has decided to do the whole 2unit course this for yr 11. Suppose that our class gets enough hours (120) and complete all major assessments on time, would it be possible if we complete the HSC external 2 unit math this yr? as it is our first yr?
Ye, you can do that.

Accelearating for 2 unit maths isn't difficult at all really...

iRuler

Premium Member
HSC
Uni Grad
You're lucky... I asked my school to accelerate me this year and they said no!.... same as previous years.. they aare just lazy...

But yes.. you could compete your HSC this year for maths

jet

Banned
HSC
Yeh. It would be fine. I did the prelim course in <3 months. Youve got heaps of time.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Yes, that's what i did at my school and we had plenty of time.

We started a bit earlier but that just meant we finished that much earlier for trials :)

gurusson

HSC
simple answer, u prob coul;d do the test but u won't, many 3u classes do the entire 2u course in the first year, then do the test 1 year later, its something about being eligable for extension

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
simple answer, u prob coul;d do the test but u won't, many 3u classes do the entire 2u course in the first year, then do the test 1 year later, its something about being eligable for extension
I'm doing extension 1 but i did my 2U HSC exam in year 11.

Brontecat

HSC
im doing that too we've just finished year 11

i haven't been finding it too difficult especially considering that im not the type of person thats skilled enough to do mx - you should fiond it a good opportunity on the bright side itll be done and u wont have to do it next year so you can focus on mx 1

cutemouse

Account Closed
HSC
N/A
Our school offer acceleration for 2U and 3U (ie. all or nothing)... I think it's fine, but if you are considering doing 4U, I think it may help to do the 3U and 4U course at the same time because I find that 4U helps considerably with 3U.

For example, I used to get around about Rank 10-15 in prelim for Year 11 3U, but when I started doing 4U my ranks increased to Top 2...

It's different for everyone but yeah it's quite cool... lol

Lukybear

HSC
Let me just clarify once more, before i become extremely hopeful. I mean acceleration as in, 2unit course wasnt done in yr 10, but just whole yr 11 do prelim+hsc 2unit. If so, does any know any schools who does it like that, just as weight when i argue with my teacher.

Timothy.Siu

Prophet 9
HSC
Let me just clarify once more, before i become extremely hopeful. I mean acceleration as in, 2unit course wasnt done in yr 10, but just whole yr 11 do prelim+hsc 2unit. If so, does any know any schools who does it like that, just as weight when i argue with my teacher.
yes people above have said they have.

and my school does that as well.

we STARTED 2unit prelim+hsc in yr 11 and we did the HSC that year.

annabackwards

<3 Prophet 9
HSC
Cerdon College does 2U accelerated, OLMC does 2 and 3U accelerated all in year 11.

bemer

HSC
we done prelim and hsc course in yr 12 and this year were just craking past papers 2 a day
were startin 2 run out

pman

Banned
HSC
Our school offer acceleration for 2U and 3U (ie. all or nothing)... I think it's fine, but if you are considering doing 4U, I think it may help to do the 3U and 4U course at the same time because I find that 4U helps considerably with 3U.

For example, I used to get around about Rank 10-15 in prelim for Year 11 3U, but when I started doing 4U my ranks increased to Top 2...

It's different for everyone but yeah it's quite cool... lol
so i should ahve done 4u

tku336

HSC
our school has never offered acceleration. not that i would be doing it anyway, because im shit at maths. but yeah, considering some of the people at our school, they probably should offer it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)